• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I kinda figured out but was hoping they made last gen playable
It certainly is playable, but I would not recommend it, not only because it looks worse on last gen consoles. The narrow FOV combinded with 30FPS (and lower) and not exactly responsive controls is not the ideal way to play this, to say the least.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard the new patch is pretty big. I enjoyed what I've played of it. Nobody's making games like Cyberpunk, so I'm glad it did well.

Oct 27, 2017
What sad news, they're literally getting away with everything. Beyond the work conditions, pay, portrayal of certain groups and buggy launch. Huge bummer but not surprising. You couldn't consume gaming media in 2020 without hearing an ad for this game. Never buying CDPR new again

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Worst pre-order ever, which I subsequently forgot about purchasing at full price.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
I haven't played cyberpunk since launch. Is this a good time to jump back in?

Yep, as long as on PC, PS5 or XSX anyway and not a last gen console.

Well deserved, great game. Played it on Series X at launch and didn't even have that many issues.

Same. After the first couple early patches, it was pretty solid on XSX (and PC from what I gathered) and PS5 version just took longer to get decent. Really enjoyed it. They should have just delayed another year to polish and should have scrapped the last gen versions.

I need to do a replay at some point now that the next gen patch is out and go with a different origin and do a Judy romance etc. to mix it up from my first playthrough.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
Just picked it up for $5 and have been enjoying it enough. Wouldn't have been happy paying 50-60 for it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad game by any stretch. Night City's atmosphere and scale were impressive, and there were a handful of great characters, but everything else was just serviceable to fine at best. I enjoyed my time with it overall, but certainly wouldn't put it in the upper-echelon of open world releases last gen. It's right around that Ass. Creed Odyssey 8/10 tier. Notable step down from Witcher 3.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I mean its alot. But still feels "low" with how much hype it had before.
Hope we get expansion soon. Enjoyed the game alot overall.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
I mean its alot. But still feels "low" with how much hype it had before.
Hope we get expansion soon. Enjoyed the game alot overall.
I think they'll probably see it internally as Capcom did RE6. At the time the best selling game in the series and still one of their best selling games ever, but critical and fan reception had them re-evaluate their work regardless of sales.

At least I hope they do.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
FQUZbiVXsAM0Sda

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Not shocking. It was one of the biggest most hyped games of all time.

I personally didn't care for it. I found it to be a mostly mediocre playing open world shooter with some decent writing and beautiful graphics, but awful, awful RPG mechanics. I tried it again after the Next Gen patch dropped and its better but still pretty boring for me. But you can't deny the strength of its marketing.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Definitely rough around the edges when it launched (and still has a noticeable amount of bugs even now), but I quite enjoyed the core of it, namely the combat, exploration, dialogue, characters, and questlines.

Looking forward to any expansions.

Oct 28, 2017
It certainly is playable, but I would not recommend it, not only because it looks worse on last gen consoles. The narrow FOV combinded with 30FPS (and lower) and not exactly responsive controls is not the ideal way to play this, to say the least.
They've made some strides since launch but old gen processors were junk. Really stresses the hardware.

Thanks for the replies, when I get a PS5 it is then

Oct 30, 2017
Make a physical version for PS5 and I will buy it.

Maybe when they release the expansion and make a GOTY retail edition sometime next year?

StarsAreStuff

Feb 16, 2021
really enjoyed my time with it after getting it on sale after the new update. game has some solid writing/vo and probably the most graphically rich city I have seen in a game. some really incredible achievements in animation and first person cutscene design too. super immersive. also, I am basically a technomancer which rules.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Easily one of my favorite games of the last few years... though admittedly, I didn't play it at launch.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it for $20 with that Chromecast Ultra/Stadia Controller deal (not sure how much of that went towards the game itself, but I imagine not much), and then bought a used Xbox One copy off of eBay when the Series X update dropped. So I own two copies, but feel like very little of my money actually went to CDPR themselves.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
I'm so glad I didn't buy this game on base PS4 lol. Would have been a nightmare with all the technical issues on base consoles at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.