• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
as expected, thread is mess.

i have a queue order on a 3080 but i have the game ordered and will play on 2080ti day one. cant wait. still wish it had a third person mode, though.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
That dude has cyberpunk shit all over his Twitter and got given a chair from them, there's only one guy with an agenda here. Also how cringy is it that your plastering a game all over your socials like that, it's no better than those weirdos that put scorpion signs in their Twitter names.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I'll be honest with you guys, I'm not so sure Jason cares about the devs as much as he pretends to.

"Going gold" is essentially symbolic these days with day one patches. The gold copy isn't used to print all the Blu-ray Discs. The reason companies tweet about their games going gold is to celebrate the developers. Jason taking that positive news day for them and telling them that they should actually be upset about the overtime crunch sucks to me. Maybe if he wasn't so stuck up and toxic it would make it more digestible, but as is I can't shake the feeling he's more interesting in pimping his own book and article and looking righteous than he is actually caring about the developers.

And for the record, I don't really care about CDPR. I never bought any Witcher games. I'll buy Cyberpunk when it drops in price a bit. I think their transphobic tweets and going back on their word about crunch sucks. But I just don't believe that tweet was sent in good faith.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I'll be honest with you guys, I'm not so sure Jason cares about the devs as much as he pretends to.

"Going gold" is essentially symbolic these days with day one patches. The gold copy isn't used to print all the Blu-ray Discs. The reason companies tweet about their games going gold is to celebrate the developers. Jason taking that positive news day for them and telling them that they should actually be upset about the overtime crunch sucks to me. Maybe if he wasn't so stuck up and toxic it would make it more digestible, but as is I can't shake the feeling he's more interesting in pimping his own book and article and looking righteous than he is actually caring about the developers.

And for the record, I don't really care about CDPR. I never bought any Witcher games. I'll buy Cyberpunk when it drops in price a bit. I think their transphobic tweets and going back on their word about crunch sucks. But I just don't believe that tweet was sent in good faith.
I hope jason and jim and more people with influence bring the crunch on launch day, when they announce Dlcs, multiplayer, I hope they never let up until CDPR rethinks crunch. And I hope they do it to all studios that continue the practice.

So he quoted his book, hey a journalist who wants to monetize his work. Why is this being made out to be something wrong?

I really dont get all these takes for something positive, its beyond me.

The guy tweeted jason first, its not like he went looking for controversy.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not expecting a 60fps mode on ps5/xbsx until the formal next gen patch is released

That said, I'll be disappointed if there isn't significant improvement when compared to ps4/xbone right at release, at least higher res / graphics settings

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017

that's not at all what he said. sometimes you can take words at face value. if it was about front door access and not ruffling feathers with his reporting, he could easily be at an IGN or something. this was a bad take when the IGN guy posted it and it's a bad take now.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the most anticipated game release since GTA V?

It really feels like it.

Jan 10, 2018
There are dozens of us!

I mean, I don't mind waiting for the PS5 patch later, but if it'll just be the same experience on my PC now, might as well. The main difference is that I'll have to sit at my desk vs on my couch.

Why not just move your PC to the TV? It's probably a game that you will spend tons of time with so it should be worth the 5 minutes or so it takes to unplug everything and just carry it to your TV. And who cares if it takes up space or looks ugly in the living room - it's Cyberpunk we're talking about!

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Have we seen anything at all on consoles?
I feel we've seen so little in general, especially since the only lenghty demos date back to when the game looked very different from the latest build seen at TGS

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I feel we've seen so little in general, especially since the only lenghty demos date back to when the game looked very different from the latest build seen at TGS

no we haven't seen any console footage yet but they are apparently planning to show it off shortly. Certainly before release.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

We haven't seen any console footage, yet. They will show it before release.

imo they have shown quite a lot, it's just smaller clips etc. than single 50 minute chunks.

Version shown in the TGS also was old and out dated version of the game. Russian showcase from last weekend most likely is newest build we have seen.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
untitled1fgjka.png

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
anyone else going to wait for the first post release patch (i.e not the day 1 patch) before they pick this up? i imagine it's gonna be riddled with bugs, remember witcher 3's inventory and stuff that all needed fixing?

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
anyone else going to wait for the first post release patch (i.e not the day 1 patch) before they pick this up? i imagine it's gonna be riddled with bugs, remember witcher 3's inventory and stuff that all needed fixing?
I am willing to wait until next year. I'm afraid that despite their best efforts, there will be lots of kinks to polish in such a huge game.

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
It truly feels like people who do not value their own time and energy cannot understand why someone would block another person instead of going back and forth. I do not have to engage with you or allow your posts to be seen by me. We are not team members driving toward a product or solution. We are not friends or family. You are a random person on the internet and so am I.

Local adult here. I'll block a person who has a bad take easily. Stop trying to police who others can block. That's big weirdo energy: YOU MUST LISTEN TO ME.

to them blocking people is a violation of the True Internet Warrior Code. a move of great dishonor in the trenches of internet battling

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017

romey

Mar 2, 2020
Which online retailer has Cyberpunk 2077 for the cheapest atm for PC? CDKeys had it in the 40's and I regret not pulling the trigger then.