• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
Crunching high horses and twitter brings out the best entertainment and drama, wowee.

They can't help themselves can they, also really looking forward to playing this game, hype too big. TOO BIG!

Nov 7, 2017
If your view is that any take that isn't your own is automatically a bad take, perhaps the problem isn't them? For a journalist to be so close minded was surprising. All it showed me was that he wasn't interested in having a conversation. And I'm not referring to the obvious trolls.
Don't take the internet too seriously

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Witcher 3 was fine on PS4 but not ideal and cyberpunk look way more demanding. If I was a base console owner I would be concerned too. Even with a 1070, I'm a little concerned for myself.

I'm certain you'll be fine based on the system requirements as long as it's 1080p/60fps, high settings, no RTX with a 1070.

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crunching high horses and twitter brings out the best entertainment and drama, wowee.

They can't help themselves can they, also really looking forward to playing this game, hype too big. TOO BIG!
Some guy was whining about having to wait for PS5 next gen patch and I dared to say they deserved a break after the crunch and got a load of polish people calling me a liar for saying they had to crunch....

rajinus

Banned
Sep 2, 2020
Local adult here. I'll block a person who has a bad take easily. Stop trying to police who others can block. That's big weirdo energy: YOU MUST LISTEN TO ME.

"Big weirdo energy"? The guy had an opinion about Jason's universal blocking, is he allowed to have that opinion? You seem upset by that opinion, demanding him to stop, almost like you're policing what opinions people can have about Jason. YOU MUST LISTEN TO ME. Jason is a public figure and people are allowed to give opinions about his public tweeting. Not sure why that bothers you.

If your view is that any take that isn't your own is automatically a bad take, perhaps the problem isn't them? For a journalist to be so close minded was surprising. All it showed me was that he wasn't interested in having a conversation. And I'm not referring to the obvious trolls.

You're making too much sense, but it seems people are intent on making straw men out of your posts, being intellectually dishonesty, and defaulting back to the lazy " lol Jason has a right to block trolls".

I've seen the people Jason has blocked over the years, and the posts he's blocked them for, and they were the furthest thing from trolls. They were engaging in good faith, but again, his philosophy is "if someone isn't celebrating me or isn't 100% in line with my opinion in every single category, they're blocked".

You can go ahead and pretend that's "adult" behaviour all you want, but we know it isn't. It's also pretty shameful behaviour for a "journalist", and something I've literally seen from no other journalist most of whom get much, much worse tweets.

Redbarrel

Sep 10, 2020
I imagine they are super nervous about showing it and keep on tuning it until last minute to have it as good as it can get with current-gen consoles. They must be running into all kinds of CPU bound scenarios with those Jaguars and scale they seem to be going for.
One of the reasons I'm hopeful about next gen is because they apparentely fixed this forever issue of CPU bottleneck on consoles. I would end up buying this on PC anyway, it's just a shame because the physical versions of their games are usually packed with map and cool manuals and stuff. Guess I'll have to skip it.
I could see a Skyrim PS3 potential experience for the base machines.
Given their hesitancy to show gameplay I could definitely see that as well.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Congratulations to the team!

A game going gold is a big fucking deal, and an amazing feeling when all your hard work is finally close to being in gamer's hands. I don't support crunch at all, and I hope that CD Projekt gets their shit together and manages their workflow better so their employees have a health work/life balance. There's no excuse for that shit. I feel very fortunate that I work for a studio that is vehemently against crunch time (every single one of us has worked for companies that enforced crunch, from our CEO to our Producers and everyone down the line; and we actively work to make sure we never crunch).

With that said, I do think the game going gold is something to celebrate. The team put in a lot of work to make that happen. They better be fucking compensated for it, and hopefully normal work hours can resume for them soon and they can slow the pace down.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
It truly feels like people who do not value their own time and energy cannot understand why someone would block another person instead of going back and forth. I do not have to engage with you or allow your posts to be seen by me. We are not team members driving toward a product or solution. We are not friends or family. You are a random person on the internet and so am I.

It took me a long time to finally understand this, but man was it freeing when I finally got it. I can just straight up block folks that I don't want to interact with. I don't have to read their shit. I don't owe random people online anything, and I definitely don't owe them my time or energy. Places like this and twitter and reddit and, really, any place where people gather in masses, can be straight up draining, with the frankly astounding amounts of garbage.

"Big weirdo energy"? The guy had an opinion about Jason's universal blocking, is he allowed to have that opinion? You seem upset by that opinion, demanding him to stop, almost like you're policing what opinions people can have about Jason. YOU MUST LISTEN TO ME. Jason is a public figure and people are allowed to give opinions about his public tweeting. Not sure why that bothers you.

You're making too much sense, but it seems people are intent on making straw men out of your posts, being intellectually dishonesty, and defaulting back to the lazy " lol Jason has a right to block trolls".

I've seen the people Jason has blocked over the years, and the posts he's blocked them for, and they were the furthest thing from trolls. They were engaging in good faith, but again, his philosophy is "if someone isn't celebrating me or isn't 100% in line with my opinion in every single category, they're blocked".

You can go ahead and pretend that's "adult" behaviour all you want, but we know it isn't. It's also pretty shameful behaviour for a "journalist", and something I've literally seen from no other journalist most of whom get much, much worse tweets.

Good lord my dude, you really should just calm down.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Yes its big weirdo energy to care about how people use their block feature.

Can you try to come to this discussion in good faith. I'm definitely upset WFH drinking boba right now. Woe is me. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers rajinus lol.

It took me a long time to finally understand this, but man was it freeing when I finally got it. I can just straight up block folks that I don't want to interact with. I don't have to read their shit. I don't owe random people online anything, and I definitely don't owe them my time or energy. Places like this and twitter and reddit and, really, any place where people gather in masses, can be straight up draining, with the frankly astounding amounts of garbage.
It is truly a selfless act to yourself and more people should block and mute others (including me if they do not care to read what I have to share)

Oct 21, 2019
I remember reading a report on what might now be the entire picture for CDPR, but they intimated the devs worked overtime (the equivalent of 45ish hrs in the USA) and are compensated for it, i.e. not working for free. I also saw CDPR tweet out that they were splitting the profits a certain percentage across the team.

I'm not justifying either of the above claims, but is this really overworking the team? I'm legit trying to understand it from a collective perspective and want to make sure I have all the facts.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
It's kinda "big weirdo energy" to say a public person can not block people who are trying to accuse them of having a hand in the jar while having a hand in the next jar themselves.

Not sure why it bothers you so much he did use a internet function for his own social media.

Oct 21, 2019

This is such a good point from you both and I should practice it more frequently.

I think it becomes a problem when you just make your point and disappear, however - almost as if you are just saying your side for the sake of it.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for this game, but at the same time I'm really disappointed that I have to wait for the next gen patch. This game should have been delayed and be next gen only.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019

I don't get all this with Jason today, I mean, he has been reporting on crunch for years now, recently reporting CDPR promised to not have crunch and they did it anyway, so his tweet reminding people of said crunch today for me makes complete sense.

Why didn't that guy called out Jim Sterling, I mean he posted a video about CDPR crunching today, to his point Jim needed to wait for tomorrow, since would bum out the devs who are celebrating the game going gold today, right?

For me, they should call out crunch every day. until it stops happening. Specially at launch, going gold, etc. The end result cannot justify the means, or else devs will face another decade of this without protections.

Jason didn't go out looking for the guy, he tweeted first.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Can't wait to play this used ( they're not getting my $) after people report how it runs on PS5 and when details like this become clearer
I knoy CDPR said it'd give out free upgrades for the PS5 version, but does that mean anything for saves on the ps5 version? We probably don't know yet

ara

Oct 26, 2017
This is such a good point from you both and I should practice it more frequently.

I think it becomes a problem when you just make your point and disappear, however - almost as if you are just saying your side for the sake of it.

Yeah, like all things in life, it's of course a balancing act. If you're constantly inserting yourself into conversations and promptly ignoring every response you get, you might want to do some good old self-reflection.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone here asking about next gen versions and excited about their new 3080s, meanwhile here I am waiting for some kind of current gen footage
tenor.gif

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Still remember that PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY trailer from 2013. 7 years ago. Can't believe we'll get to play this game in six weeks.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Oh man, I would pay for a documentary about the development of this game

I'm so happy for the team at CDPR. 7 years in production, imagine the relief.

Blood, tears, crunch ...

Hopefully, it will be very well received by critics and players alike, and they will get compensated for all of their sacrifice

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm hoping the game will be everything I hope it could be, hope its just not a Ubisoft skinned game.

I'm going to play on Ps5, just think its going to be janky on PS4 and would rather it run at a good frame rate, even if we have to wait for a proper Ps5 patch later on. Its funny that this is going to be my go to game for the PS5...

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder what the performance settings will be. I'm expecting a 30fps cap on the enhanced consoles, maybe higher resolution 4K/30 on PS5 & Series X, or the option for a 1440/60 performance mode with settings dialed down to maintain high framerate. On PC, I imagine those RTX effects will be framerate killers but I also think DLSS may step in and save the day. Wondering what it'll take for some great visuals and high framerates! Might have to lock it myself...

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I hope this means a less hectic work schedule for the development team moving forward.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
The save question is a good one actually on the PS4/5 side. So if you run Cyberpunk initially in PS4 mode, play, and then PS5 upgrade releases, will the saves transfer? So far we haven't seen that mentioned in any PS4 to PS5 upgrades.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I know so little about PC gaming that (before reading the spoiler) I had no idea if this was a flex or showing me how bad your GPU is lol
Ahahaha
It's an old GPU that is still serving me well :P
To give you an idea, for the worst example, in black ops 4 my gpu would average to 28fps when a 3090 would do 182.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
If you feel the need to respond "I prefer red" to me saying my favorite color then damn right you're getting blocked. What a shitty thing to say!
Hey. Just wanted to say I like your long form pieces a lot. I don't necessarily agree with your decisions today beyond your initial tweet to CDPR going gold. But I understand them, coming from the standpoint of covering this issue for many, MANY years and seeing the "hype cycle" obfuscate whatever momentum/conversation about crunch at that time.

If your agenda (that's 100% the wrong word for it and I'm saying it sarcastically) is protecting low-mid tier workers at these dev studios, people influencers would have absolutely zero access to, I can think of worse things to have an agenda about.