• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
That's really cool. Seems like it's relatively "flat", lip syncing wise (you can't see many letters in that mouth), but it's really nice.

EDIT: Actually, checking the video you can even see the correct tongue position and everything, it's impressive.

MrOblong

Oct 27, 2017
I can't watch the video just now, but does anyone know if it'll be possible, as a UK-based person, to play the game with non-English voices and English subtitles?

I think that could be kinda cool.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Was already impressed by the system in TW3. More developers should use it or similar tools.
Yeah, TW3 had a similar system. I didn't even know about it until I saw a pre-release leaked gameplay video from Russia, and the lip-sync was spot on for the Russian dialogue.

I don't know if it's the same system they used in TW3, but we already knew they had the tech, so this isn't a surprise at all.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Woah. Cool. I might even give this a try in Spanish, and I don't usually dare to do it unless it's a Sony game.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really cool to see how it even goes beyond lipsyncing and includes the whole face animation. The example that they give is that German, as an highly inflective language, has Judy move her eyebrows more compared to Japanese, which is very non-inflected.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
It's shown in the Cyberpunk GoG page.
English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Brazilian portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Spanish seems divided in two, one for EU Spain and another for Latin America players. Mainly because this video has Latin Spanish for the lipsync, but we have seen trailers for Castilian Spanish as well.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Currently wishing Ghost of Tsushima had this. Playing with the Japanese dub and English subtitles, it's like watching a reversed old movie. The lips are moving in English, but the people are Japanese, and speaking Japanese lol. It's jarring.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very impressive. Do we know the filesize for this yet? I can only imagine what it must be with this much data.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Spanish seems divided in two, one for EU Spain and another for Latin America players. Mainly because this video has Latin Spanish for the lipsync, but we have seen trailers for Castilian Spanish as well.
As of today the game has only been announced to have a Castillian Spanish dub. So this video is different in that regard.

OYEp1pu.png

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
1. JALIresearch's work is fantastic and a boon to gaming. A big leap over automated lipsync 4 years ago. Bravo!

2. Expensive actor facial work is still better.

The bottom line is people who play in english (possibly subtitled) will lose a little and the people who play in different languages and no subtitles will gain a lot.

As a subtitles-loving guy, I am ambivalent about it.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Jackie has a Mexican accent too in the Castillian dub if I remember well.
That is true though, maybe they have a mixed cast, we'll see in a month! In the Castillian Spanish trailer though, everyone else are really recognizable voice actors from here.

Jackie is the only one I'm not sure lol Either he's native Mexican or he's just fucking great imitating it

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
It's pretty basic looking but I appreciate the effort! Tech is a bit too slow for the speed of japanese speech though

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
The amount of work around this game seems to rival R* offerings. Truly insane.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of work around this game seems to rival R* offerings. Truly insane.
I love Rockstar's original voices, but I would love to see a dubbed game of theirs. If Ubisoft or CD Projekt can release enormous open world games with fantastic dubbing, Rockstar can.

(hell, even 2K does with Mafia lol)

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The juxtaposition of so much work done for all choices of languages with the voices being very limited to gender.

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
The game sounds(by hype) and looks great, but the gameplay I have seen looks VERY mediocre. I hope it is better than it looks.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
This must have taken an insane amount of time and money to do.

PIkkonX

Oct 27, 2017
Thank goodness for this. The one thing I can't stand about Tsushima is the lack of Japanese lip sync. Unbelievable for a game of that caliber and setting in 2020.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I can't watch the video just now, but does anyone know if it'll be possible, as a UK-based person, to play the game with non-English voices and English subtitles?

I think that could be kinda cool.

Isn't that possible with basically every game? I can just go to options and set the audio and text languages separately from each other.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, Ubisoft is by far one of the best ones in translation and dubbing. I can tell you in Spain maybe only Sony is above it.

You can say a lot of Ubisoft, but in that part in particular they're top notch.

I meant lip sync. Since they went RPG route their animation quality including lip sync went down.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Was great to see open world games looking to automate processes, stuff they are doing in horizon and also what I saw square doing for environments, this is great stuff that will help localization and cut down animations on speaking.