• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I love Blade Runner and the whole vibe and philosiphical aspect of that movie so are there other Dick/Shirow style Cyberpunk movies/Books/tv shows you can recommend?
After that first teaser 7 years ago I also hoped for a Blade Runner type Cyberpunk game but it's obviously not what they're aiming for which I'm totally fine with albeit a bit disappointed due to my expectations.

Gaming related there is nothing else I wish for more than for a competent dev team to make this tech demo into a game. Exactly the kind of eery vibe and atmosphere I love

So a game that is about you driving a car in a barren land towards barren techy buildings?

or what kind of game are you envisioning here?

And Cyberpunk 2077 is based on the table top game, which is far more punkrock, unlike the noir esque bladerunner.

From the first showing of cyberpunk it was very clear its not gonna be bladerunner.
Def far more leaning towards johnny mnemonic and stuff like that, altho the first trailer was def in its very early stages.

Little advice, when you see CG trailers for games, its never gonna be like that in the final game. especially when that game will take yeaaars and years of development. better just take the trailer and enjoy it and not expect anything to come from it. this goes with almost anything in life. you are owed nothing, and expectations only lead to dissapointment. since life never follows whats in your head.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS

ad3bada097136336843a3d78a4b030fb41742af8_00.jpg

Gogol?

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I just want to be a cyber ninja. Thats all, just give me an all black armour, augmentations for stealth and blending in and aweome meele weapons.

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
Gaming related there is nothing else I wish for more than for a competent dev team to make this tech demo into a game. Exactly the kind of eery vibe and atmosphere I love

have you played Death Stranding? That's the closest game that resembles the video that I can think of -in term of atmosphere and environments.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
So from what i've been hearing it sounds even more solid that I'll be able to make my full melee/body mod (but not insanely beefy) character with hidden arm rockets, high melee skill for counters and combos alongside a high "revolver" weapon state? Imma live out my ghost in the shell dreams here for real - with 30 perks and multiple expertise levels of all the stats it's sounding more and more like a reality come november!!

With that said - has anyone had a chance to play and report on the quality of the PS4Pro version of the game? I feel like i'll probably double dip on this and TLoU2 for the PS5 as long as the experience on the Pro is not VASTLY inferior to the PC version. I'd love comparison crowd shots just to know that it's not sacrificing too much of the atmosphere of a clogged, congested, crazy future city.

I cannot wait to throw someone out of a skyscraper window during a brutal fight. Crossing fingers

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Sorry, I was playing on a meme.
knowyourmeme.com

Like Skyrim With Guns

“Like Skyrim With Guns” is a memorable quote by Adam Kovic of the Machinima YouTube channel comparing the open world first-person shooter game Far Cry 3 with the action role-playing game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim which was widely mocked by the online gaming community.
doh! got me good aha

This in VR is all i need from gaming. I wouldn't play anything else at all.

dude after playing Alyx and seeing just how wild and immersive VR can be, I would fucking LOOOOOOOOVE to play this in VR and hope that they have it planned. Shit would be absolutely surreal, even if it didnt feature the same level of interactivity, just being in the 'place' would be worth it

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Yes on PC. I have great reservation about the game looking as good as the preview on something like Pro and X, let alone Slim and One S/OG.
Yes, this is an enthusiast forum. We compare games on all platforms. We compare base and pro consoles, we compare PCs that are close to pro consoles to each other and pro consoles, so we can compare high end PC to consoles. The most annoying thing people on this forum do is WELL AKSHUALLY this is a 1k dollar card.

I don't give a fuck, I'll buy it anyway and I want to see the comparison just as much as I want to see the base and pro consoles compared and just as much as I want to see nvidia and amd compared on PC.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
Could not be more excited for this game. Since starting to work in games I don't really get excited about new releases (don't have the time!). But I repeat: I could not be more excited about Cyberpunk 2077.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Yes, this is an enthusiast forum. We compare games on all platforms. We compare base and pro consoles, we compare PCs that are close to pro consoles to each other and pro consoles, so we can compare high end PC to consoles. The most annoying thing people on this forum do is WELL AKSHUALLY this is a 1k dollar card.

I don't give a fuck, I'll buy it anyway and I want to see the comparison just as much as I want to see the base and pro consoles compared and just as much as I want to see nvidia and amd compared on PC.

Hey, if you don't like my post, feel free to put me on ignore. Cheers.

And yea, you do you.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Yes on PC. I have great reservation about the game looking as good as the preview on something like Pro and X, let alone Slim and One S/OG.
I mean if context matters as far as hardware goes then it should apply for actual games and what they're doing scope wise and complexity wise.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Someone should add this song from 2:20 onward to that clip:

Until then, skip to 2:20 in the video I provided and keep the clip video volume off🤘🍻

Last edited: