• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
So this is indeed CDPR's take on the Deus Ex/System Shock/Prey style gameplay? Sounds good.

This is the impression i also get, it is an immersive sim/rpg hybrid game with much dialogue and choices. it is definitely no shooter in the first place.

i think for immersive sim lovers there is a lot of good stuff in this game but i am still not sure about the tone with the constant swearing and the distinct "hey, this here is cool and edgy, isn´t it?" vibe.

Oct 25, 2017
vm67vysqs4751.jpg
I'm too much of a pathetic weeb to not instantly fall in love with her.

Top tier waifu.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the combat and how it felt in some of the previews, could it be the system CDPR has mentioned where you aren't terribly proficient with each class of gun at first?

CDPR has said before that as you gain combat XP with the different types of weapons you'll actually start to handle them better as far as aiming and recoil, reload speed, etc.

Last edited:

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Thank-you for your valuable input to the thread.
You don't need to police my "contributions". Your reason for not caring for the game is funny to me. I find it kind of absurd, really. Everything on display and you find such a distaste for the placement of fucks and shits that it's a bargain bin purchase at best. *shrug* I have to laugh.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You don't need to police my "contributions". Your reason for not caring for the game is funny to me. I find it kind of absurd, really. Everything on display and you find such a distaste for the placement of fucks and shits that it's a bargain bin purchase at best. *shrug* I have to laugh.
I find a lot of the game disappointing and unappealing to be honest, the excessive childish swearing is just the most stand out highlight of it all. Sorry for not liking a thing you like.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I find a lot of the game disappointing and unappealing to be honest, the excessive childish swearing is just the most stand out highlight of it all. Sorry for not liking a thing you like.
You had only mentioned swearing. No need for the fake apology. You don't like what you don't like.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is one of my absolute most hyped games, or at least had been for a while, but the more I've seen, the more pensive I get about it. Watched the VG247 gameplay video, and a lot of the combat gameplay, melee etc just looks a bit janky and unpolished? The way animations play out and transition, the wonkiness of some of it, the way heads pop off like they were a plastic toy or something, the weak enemy AI etc.

The actual graphics, world, sense of atmosphere etc all look stellar however, but the actual gameplay or combat gameplay, less so.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Me being a weeb leads me to seeing her as a waifu. Being a waifu has nothing to do with nationality.

...I think.

Maybe Im out of touch.

But both those terms mean something very different to me, both in what you are describing yourself as and what you are seeing/saying about the character.

Search Waifu and you will likely see anime/manga/japanese girls.
Search weeb and you will likely see peope using it to describe someone with a passion for anime/manga/japanese culture.

So yeah calling her a waifu, because you are a weeb sounds very strange considering she isnt Japanese or from Japanese media.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Im out of touch.

But both those terms mean something very different to me, both in what you are describing yourself as and what you are seeing/saying about the character.

Search Waifu and you will likely see anime/manga/japanese girls.
Search weeb and you will likely see peope using it to describe someone with a passion for anime/manga/japanese culture.

So yeah calling her a waifu, because you are a weeb sounds very strange considering she isnt Japanese or from Japanese media.
You're overthinking this, but discussing waifu mechanics is too pathetic even for me, so please let's not continue.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
You're overthinking this, but discussing waifu mechanics is too pathetic even for me, so please let's not continue.

Haha bloody oath. I have zero idea about that anime/culture stuff and I knew what you meant by your post, did not expect technicalities to be bought up, good ol ERA.

The more I read and see the harder this wait is becoming! Tempted to get some prints done up from some of the media they gave out on GOG.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
FashinPunk 2077 is going to be hectic.
We__u3imaaMcvVv9w4X4cGTX5RmTw6IwvKF-cfSodsE.jpg

P.S Am I the only one who doesnt like the new default V female face?

Oct 25, 2017
Haha bloody oath. I have zero idea about that anime/culture stuff and I knew what you meant by your post, did not expect technicalities to be bought up, good ol ERA.

The more I read and see the harder this wait is becoming! Tempted to get some prints done up from some of the media they gave out on GOG.
Same, and I don't even understand why I'm so hyped. I don't even like Witcher 3.

Whatever, I'm all in.

Mossiah

Aug 28, 2018
New York
This is shaping up to be exactly the game I wanted, loving everything I'm hearing about the game not ever shying away from being a true RPG. Can't wait to sink tons of hours.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I appreciate the work mate!
Damn. OP putting in work with all them bullet points.
Great work with the bullet points Black Chamber
Thank you - but I'm not done yet - I've got 7 more videos to watch and 4 more articles to scrutinize lol!
Regarding the combat and how it felt in some of the previews, could it be the system CDPR has mentioned where you aren't terribly proficient with each class of gun at first?

CDPR has said before that as you gain combat XP with the different types of weapons you'll actually start to handle them better as far as aiming and recoil, reload speed, etc.
That's probably why. Good observation!!
Cyberpunk [the Cyberpunk tabletop game and the history of the genre] is filled with incredible amounts of violence, profanity and heavy adult content. If you didn't know that already, fine - but if you are averse to those things - this game isn't for you👍

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
im keeping my expectations in check. Seeing as how they seem to be making it rpg focused, I worry enemies might become damage sponges. I just hope the shooting feels good, along with the stealth; I played Deux Ex MD last year and while I love the game, the shooting never felt good.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure what it is, but the game just isn't grabbing me. Feels like it's trying too hard to be edgy and badass.

Haven't followed the thread. Am I the only one?

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Black Chamber, with your history of love for the setting, style, Cyberpunk 2020 etc etc, after pouring over so many videos and impressions how are you feeling about the game? Same as before it was all shown? More/less hyped?

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, old female V looked better. But I'm guessing there are face presets that you can cycle through?

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah yeah graphics are pretty good.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HAVE ONE OF THE DEVELOPERS COME ON HERE AND TELL ME THAT THERE IS GOING TO BE A BUTTON PUSH TO TOGGLE ALL HUD ELEMENTS COMPLETELY OFF FOR TOTAL IMMERSION AND SCREENSHOTTING.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cyberpunk [the Cyberpunk tabletop game and the history of the genre] is filled with incredible amounts of violence, profanity and heavy adult content. If you didn't know that already, fine - but if you are averse to those things - this game isn't for you👍

The trailer makes the game look and sound like an edge-lord simulator. I don't have a problem with lots of swearing and violence but the way this game portrays it comes across as they spent most of their time focus testing the game with 15 year olds. If that's their target market that's fine, like you said not for me at 32.

It's a shame as The Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games of all time, yet this game is doing nothing for me.

I'm not sure what it is, but the game just isn't grabbing me. Feels like it's trying too hard to be edgy and badass.

Haven't followed the thread. Am I the only one?
You certainly aren't.

Last edited:

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
the way this game portrays it comes across as they spent most of their time focus testing the game with 15 year olds. If that's their target market that's fine, like you said not for me at 32.

Why do people throw age in there like you HAVE to be some kid to enjoy what they have shown? People have different interests, likes and dislikes. You are allowed to differ on those without having to throw shade and seemingly state that somebody over 30 simply could not enjoy this. Each to their own at the end of the day.

Maybe I misinterpreted what you said but just seemed a bit silly.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
So did we get any actual videos or just people talking about playing it?
Both!

Check the OP👍
Black Chamber, with your history of love for the setting, style, Cyberpunk 2020 etc etc, after pouring over so many videos and impressions how are you feeling about the game? Same as before it was all shown? More/less hyped?
More hyped.

Everything I've seen since they announced the game has been 100% faithful to the source material and if you're a fan of Cyberpunk - the genre itself and especially Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk 2020 & Blade Runner...you are going to absolutely adore this game.

The short answer - it is 100% what a videogame based on Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk should be.
The trailer makes the game look and sound like an edge-lord simulator. I don't have a problem with lots of swearing and violence but the way this game portrays it comes across as they spent most of their time focus testing the game with 15 year olds. If that's their target market that's fine, like you said not for me at 32.
As I said before - if you had played Cyberpunk 2020, then you would know what to expect from this game in terms of content. This game is doing everything right by fans of the tabletop game and Cyberpunk in general.

If you don't like what you are seeing and hearing from what has been shown - then this game is not for you and that's fine - just don't deprive others of their excitement and incessantly bash what you've seen of the game - just don't play it👍

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Who is hyping up all of the first person immersion stuff? Is it the devs or the journalists? For all that talk this shit doesn't even touch GTAV first person mode in terms of feeling connected the game model.

Environments are looking damn fantastic, though.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not gonna judge the game based on a single trailer, but when this new one opened with the guy saying, "Are you ready to get your cherry popped?", I definitely did a Drew Scanlon blink.

It just seemed distasteful and something you'd expect to hear in a game maybe a decade ago or something but certainly not today. It was a super regressive look, esp. as it's setting the entire tone as the opening line.

Still trying to be open-minded overall though.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah yeah graphics are pretty good.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HAVE ONE OF THE DEVELOPERS COME ON HERE AND TELL ME THAT THERE IS GOING TO BE A BUTTON PUSH TO TOGGLE ALL HUD ELEMENTS COMPLETELY OFF FOR TOTAL IMMERSION AND SCREENSHOTTING.
You can go completely HUD-less. I remember it being mentioned in a video interview last year.

Here's an article with the UI Coordinator saying something similar: https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/0...rdcore-mode-will-allow-you-to-turn-off-the-ui

edit: although that article seems to be talking about a difficulty mode and not necessarily a toggle.

True_fan

Banned
Mar 19, 2020
I couldn't finish Witcher 3, but this game seems to have a much more engaging story. I cant wait to play it!!!!