• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Countdown:
t1567188000z4.png

Next week we're going to host a stream during which we'll unveil a 15-minute edit of what we've been showing to journalists and gamers here at gamescom, and then interview devs from the studio for additional information on what you just saw. Expect a lot of insight into the thought process behind creative decisions, information about Pacifica—one of the districts of Night City—and TONS of stuff on playstyles you'll be able to adopt when you launch Cyberpunk 2077 next year.

Hosting the entire thing will be our very own Hollie Bennett, our UK head of comms, and the dev line up will include some familiar faces you know and like.

There's one additional announcement we have for you: we initially planned to showcase gameplay at PAX West, but there's been a change of plans, and we'll be streaming from Warsaw.

Watch the stream August 30th, 8PM CEST (11AM PT) on the official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch and Mixer channels.

Hopefully we get that 1 hour demo from E3 to public realm like last year later on, 15 minutes is painfully small taste :|

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019
Hmm, they know they have one of the most anticipated games of next year. They're probably of the mindset to not show too much anymore, so as to build anticipation. I like that train of thought personally.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Didn't they also release the footage last year as a downloadable video? I hope we get that again because streaming probably won't be the best quality.

Oct 27, 2017
The 30th is going to be quite the day. New Tool album, Astral Chain, Man of Medan, and Blair Witch and now Cyberpunk gameplay.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
While I don't think we're going to get this in this demo, I really want to see what the streets in open world Night City looks like at night. Give me screenshots, gameplay anything.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
For information, the original communication has been deleted, it was a little too hastily posted as plans are not final.

edit: it's back... no more 404... anyway, it seems CDPR is not too sure about the thing. Discord has the keys since CDPR is discussing about it from what i am told.

Hedonism Bot

Oct 27, 2017
Hollie Bennett, fondly missed from Playstation Access! Will be weird to see her leading the PR of arguably the most anticipated title in gaming right now, but I'm sure she'll be great!

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
15 minutes is ok. I actually think it's more than enough because I'm little burnt out given all the coverage, news and screens we've gotten is from the same demo since E3.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, 15 minutes is still a lot for a gameplay demo lol

Of course I would love the 40+ minutes demo, but let's be honest, the only thing they'll cut are transitions between the big setpieces they show. And it's not like it's going to be the last one until April.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
They're saying they've edited it down to 15 minutes due to massive spoilers in the full demo...which doesn't make sense when, again, just about every outlet has covered and done a breakdown of the demo since E3. lol

ItsJonesy777

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't it supposed to be shown during Gamescom?

There's one additional announcement we have for you: we initially planned to showcase gameplay at PAX West, but there's been a change of plans, and we'll be streaming from Warsaw. The PAX cosplay contest is still on; we just won't have the dev panel on-site this time around. There are many logistical (and some creative) reasons behind this decision, but the most important thing we want to say is that we're sorry for the change of plans. We know that many of you waited to meet us face to face in Seattle and it bums us out that we won't be able to see each other there.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This is such a bs.

Especially after they made us wait 2 extra months compared to people that saw it at E3.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
They're saying they've edited it down to 15 minutes due to massive spoilers in the full demo...which doesn't make sense when, again, just about every outlet has covered and done a breakdown of the demo since E3. lol

yeah i wonder what the real reason is. Maybe they are not satisfied with certain parts in the demo and don't want to show them

Static Veins

Oct 25, 2017
UK
People on Twitter legitimately crying that we're only getting 15 minutes of footage, condemning CDPR for "lying to their customers" for it not being longer and threatening to boycott/pirate the game at launch.

Give me strength.

Between this and the new Tool album, next Friday is going to be good.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
They have no obligation to show us that demo, or even anything. They could stick to a regular marketing cycle and just show trailers and screenshots like many others.
Other devs/publishers who do regular marketing cycle don't promise to show a gameplay demo and then cut it down. Also, other devs show gameplay demos as well, so this isn't a unique CDPR move.

At the end of the day yea, this is their own game, they can market it however they want. That doesn't mean that I can't criticize them or get frustrated by their marketing.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

If that's the official explanation, that's indeed not convincing.
There was no non-disclosure agreements for the closed doors event and as you wrote we got every thing in ample details, beat by beat, from the press and content creators.

The length is a little sad, that means we won't get enough time to be "in the mood" from an uncut experience. It will be point cut point cut point cut ... too jumpy for my preferences.
However, i am eager to watch it :)
It's positive.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
15 mins is so chunky, happy for the curated edit rather than a longer, more spoilery 30 mins.

notme2020

Dec 3, 2017
The 50 min demo is 2 walk throughs of the same mission with Netrunner and the other with a brawler build right?

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Make us wait this long for a 15 minute slice. I'm ok with it. I would rather they post the thing on YouTube so I can skip story stuff & just take a look at gameplay. Yeah I'll just wait for YouTube upload.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Directly into my veins, please.
I don't know when was the last time I was so excited for a game

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Look at the fucking entitlement in this thread.

They are giving you 15 minutes of gameplay which is quite a lot. They don't have to give you anything the games not out until next year and it sells itself.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Aaw, was hoping for it to be longer. I'm excited anyway and it's not like I need to see more to know if I want the game or not, I definitely do even if they had shown nothing so far. Cool that they're doing those interviews too.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people care so much about how much gameplay we're gonna see? Nothing matters until around launch when the game releases and we start seeing reviews come in.

Game's gonna be awesome regardless of whether or not they show us anything soon. How much gameplay of The Witcher 3 did you guys need to see before you decided to buy it?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao at some of the replies here.

I already said that this is their game and they are free to market it however they want. You don't have to act like CDPR Gods are bestowing this gameplay demo on us unworthy masses just to counteract my first reply.

I don't like the way they are marketing the game and it made me frustrated which led to my original post (which was admittedly a more reactionary comment). I feel the same way about other games with similar marketing cycle, Avengers being another one that comes to mind atm.

We'll see how the game looks whenever they decide to show it. It's whatever.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Why do people care so much about how much gameplay we're gonna see? Nothing matters until around launch when the game releases and we start seeing reviews come in.

Game's gonna be awesome regardless of whether or not they show us anything soon. How much gameplay of The Witcher 3 did you guys need to see before you decided to buy it?

Seeing full quest played in real time tels a lot more than that same quest edited to fit smaller time frame.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao at some of the replies here.

I already said that this is their game and they are free to market it however they want. You don't have to act like CDPR Gods are bestowing this gameplay demo on us unworthy masses just to counteract my first reply.

I don't like the way they are marketing the game and it made me frustrated which led to my original post (which was admittedly a more reactionary comment). I feel the same way about other games with similar marketing cycle, Avengers being another one that comes to mind atm.

We'll see how the game looks whenever they decide to show it. It's whatever.
Gearbox didn't start showing gameplay of Borderlands 3 until recently, and that comes out next month. Now we're absolutely oversaturated with gameplay from it.

We haven't quite hit Modern Warefare levels of marketing yet. Give them until next year at least before panicking.

Seeing full quest played in real time tels a lot more than that same quest edited to fit smaller time frame.
Does any of this tell us anything accurate when the build being played is potentially a year or so older than the launch build?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
is 15 min enough to really showcase the multiple approaches to the same task? We will see.

Although I'm super-stoked for the game, I'll wait for the reviews to showcase just how much Deus Ex is in here before grabbing my GOG copy.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
People on Twitter legitimately crying that we're only getting 15 minutes of footage, condemning CDPR for "lying to their customers" for it not being longer and threatening to boycott/pirate the game at launch.

Give me strength.

Between this and the new Tool album, next Friday is going to be good.

Jesus, lying to their customers? Hilarious. I don't recall that CDPR ever mentioned how long the demo would be that they were gonna show. I sure don't recall them promising us a hour or anything like that. Boycotting/pirating the game at launch, just wow, yeah... sad.