• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks good but as usual games media/journalists go overboard with their hyperbolic statements for the behind floors doors demo they saw (which I can assume was this). The first person only view (apart from driving) is the most annoying part.

Yeah let's include clothing with stats and things that boost your agreed cred but wait you can actually see yourself wearing it. Meh

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Looks alright graphically and gameplay wise hopefully it gets better by release nothing really mind blowing in this video.

I laugh that we have to have the "hispanic" character that has to speak ever other word in Spanish. Usually its a swear word too.

Oct 30, 2017
These comments about the language
B3mfd40IMAA2NZ2.jpg

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
People complaining about nudity from both sexes when people are getting their heads blown off. I dont understand.

Oct 26, 2017
It looked very good, but there was something lacking in there...

I think it was, simply, the lack of a good story hook, or some good charismatic characters or dialogue (the dialog shown was pretty average). Graphics were there, gameplay was there, story wasn't. It was the missing pillar.

Of course it doesn't mean the game won't have a good story, it just this video didn't focus on it. What's going to be the main plot here, apart from doing missions to 'climb up' in the crime ladder? I guess eventually we will have a story trailer.
And the main characters right now are very standard & generic gun-for-hire. Even other characters like the fixer or the corp lady felt generic. But that can be just how the game starts, and as the game progresses they can gain depth and show other type of characters.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
You are fucked if you don't show early gameplay like this publicly.

You are fucked if you do show early gameplay like this publicly.

Not really. Remove the elements that are 50/50 from the showing, or wait til closer to release.

wow, entitled much?

Shit happens, things change, they have to make a disclaimer so when the inevitable nerds come down berating on them because they dared to remove a pixel from the car's dashboard they can defend themselves by saying "tould you it could happen".

Not wanting false advertising is entitlement now?

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
That looked amazing. Especially jacking that gang member and hacking his neural interface and hacking the rest of the gang through that, it was pretty wild. That's what I call Cyberpunk. Can't wait!

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I know what you mean.

If this is the UI element you meant, here's one of the boys:
58iWS3r.png

The narrator also mentions the celebrity rockerboy Johnny Silverhand.
I meant one of the mission descriptor thingies in the top right corner that referred to the woman in the bathtub as a girl. But yeah, if the game does also refer to men as boys in general then that's fine.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
I meant one of the mission descriptor thingies in the top right corner that referred to the woman in the bathtub as a girl. But yeah, if the game does also refer to men as boys in general then that's fine.
Ah, shoot, I was just editing my post. Yeah, I completely missed those objectives, you're 100% right.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Impressive world and some good RPG systems (provided that they work the way they talk about them in the final game) but man that gameplay was really boring to me. The combat felt way too easy without any real threat and the shooting guns just didn't have the impact that I expect/want from shooters gameplay.

Visuals look nice but this is something that I def see being doable this gen. Not sure what journalists were talking about hyping the visuals to no end. It looks good but not that good.

Also this demo just showed me that yeah, I really dislike the FP view in this game. There was literally a "look at this awesome looking jacket I got here" moment in the trailer followed by "lol I guess you won't be seeing that tho" reality when she put it on. I just hope they add a TP view to the game down the line.

Anyway, the way I see it, I can def wait for this game for a few more years.

P.S: Hope we get a spin-off Witcher title before this. Not holding my breath tho.

May 26, 2018
Update from a PC Gamer article (https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-gameplay-video/) what the game director Adam Badowski said about this gameplay demo:

"Since many of the assets and mechanics in the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 are most likely to be modified, we initially decided to show this gameplay only to media. Elements like gunplay (both in terms of visuals and how RPG stats influence it), netrunning, car physics, or the game's UI — everything's pretty much still in the playtest phase and we felt uneasy about publicly committing to any particular design," game director Adam Badowski said, explaining CD Projekt's initial reluctance to release the gameplay video to the public. "Animation glitches, work-in-progress character facial expressions, early versions of locations—all this made us hesitant to release what you're about to see."

"However, we are also well aware that many of you want to see what the media saw. Although this is probably not the same game you'll see on your screen when we launch, we still decided to share this 48-minute video with you. This is how Cyberpunk 2077 looks today. Let us know what you think!"

Honestly, I love that there were glitches in the video. Lets you know the dang thing's real. I appreciate the courage to show their game's unfinished content + flaws. Couldn't've been easy!

RobotMoses

Jun 3, 2018
I'd also wager it's hard to butcher (cause that's what they do considering the first corpse we see on the table) somebody for their mods if they're wet AND fully clothed lol.

Yeah. I don't get the criticism.
Nudity: it's dark, gritty, modifications are being made on human bodies, parts are being harvested - how is nudity a problem?
Cursing: why would criminals be polite? And why would it offend you in this universe?

The gore and murdering is fine, but too much nudity and cursing is a no-go? Please.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
see this is why i keep bringing RDR 2 up, the hyperbole in this thread

it is absolutely not a generation above RDR 2 based on the gameplay video and previews, and RDR 2 is just as ambitious

I only talked about RDR2 because people were saying that RDR2 looks better than this, and that, imo, is simply not true at all. I admit that I wasn't blown away by the RDR2 gameplay reveal and nothing about it seemed that innovative for me. But that was under 10min with different bits, this was a full blown 48min gameplay reveal. From what I've seen of both games, Cyberpunk 2077 does indeed seem much more ambitious and "next-gen" (as in RDR2 looks like a end-gen game and 2077 looks like an early next-gen game)

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
RDR was a mostly shallow, repetitive open-world action game with horrible quest design, bad combat, clunky movement, and Rockstar's classic overwritten stereotypical bullshit. It honestly blows my mind to me that anyone could be more impressed by its sequel than by the potential of what CDPR just presented—a truly ambitious spiritual successor to classic first-person RPGs and Looking Glass games—but different strokes, I guess.

I often find comparisons between Cyberpunk and RDR to be poor groups to hold side by side, but I do hold some of the experiences you noted with RDR. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE westerns as a genre, and loved Red Dead Redemption. Hell, I still play the multiplayer section of the original Red Dead Revolver on the PS2, and that game was clunk as hell. It is inevitable that we are going to have comparisons made here. As much as I had fun with GTAIV, RDR and GTAV, I have been more and more disappointed and underwhelmed with Rockstar with each new game. I have had so many mixed feelings with the RAGE engine used in their games, and it provided a lot of my complaints of clunky movement and somewhat underwhelming combat. GTAV had fine-tuned a lot of features from GTAIV, but I wanted more environmental interaction and a bit more realistic physics with cars and movement. The open-world nature has been what has underwhelmed with Rockstar's games. They are amazing at producing incredibly detailed worlds, but only GTAIV and RDR actually had narratives that I cared for. Even then, the worlds are largely empty, and the mission variety, number and depth left me deeply disappointed. Which is what I am hoping with Cyberpunk, but the game needs works on the gameplay mechanics, HUD,and dialogue. Since it is still a ways from release, I have no doubt they will fix these issues. I wasn't that sold on RDR2 even with the gameplay, but I hope impressions and reviews can change my mind. I can't lie and say I am beginning to get tired of "open-world" games with limited interactivity, and wasted space.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
My first, quick impression... in terms of the environments, the NPCs, the UI, the seamlessness, the everything...I was blown away, even though I'd already heard tons of impressions about the demo. They've really put together something jaw-dropping. If the rest of the game and the world can live up to this, I think it's going to feel like the first time we played GTA3.

The combat and the acrobatic stuff was the only thing I was a bit ehh on. Many of the weapons lacked punch, and the reality of the wall-climbing and such vs. how people described it was less impressive than I was expecting. I'd like to see the acrobatic elements have a bit more rhythm to them, a little more Ninja Gaiden meets John Woo. But it was definitely serviceable.

I'm still unsure how I feel about Jackie's voice. I live in Southern California and dudes just don't talk that way. Like yeah there is some Spanglish that goes on, but this feels over-the-top, so it feels a bit stereotyped. But I'm not Hispanic, so I'm probably not the best judge.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Those names are pretty much established cyberpunk slang

http://orrange.tripod.com/glossary.html

Wire Boy/Girl A decker.
A-Boys A type of boostergang whose motif is a specific animal.
Doughboy/girl 1) Derogatory term for someone wearing too much body armor. 2) Psycho
Glitterboy/girl A rich person, media figure, rock star or simsense star.
Razor[boy/girl/gal/guy/etc] 1) Heavily cybered samurai or other muscle-for-hire. 2) A person who uses various bladed implant weapons.

etc.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Be honest, there was popping in the visuals , the ground textures, etc, and it was amazing.

I love the way the driving was tight in narrow roads and it looked like GTA but nextgen! the Combat looks more appealing to me than the quick bethesda shooters or COD as well.

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
I'm really surprised to see some much negativity here. I know it's the internet but damn give the dev a break, they just showed us a 50 minute demo of a pretty promising game even if there are some low points.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
It's still unclear how extensive the driving aspect of the game is. Seems like you can navigate around the city but the roads look pretty desolate. Not that big of a deal when walking around the city looks so damn good.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't want a Witcher anything until this game has released. That IP can take a short break for now.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks increidble; even if the final game manages to capture a fraction of what was shown I will be very happy. I'm actually shocked that people can't see the potential in all this and how amazing this looks.

blimblim

Oct 28, 2017
That fucking sucks, man. Any reason why that is?
No idea, it started happening this year, and all publishers do it (Sony, Ubisoft, and others). I'm guessing they simply can't handle distributing the 4K files themselves, and their press sites already die every time something big happens.
Anyway, even at 1080p it will still be much higher bitrate than Youtube's 4K, so we should get more details when things start moving.