• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks incredible, they nailed it. The combat looks really fun, excited to mess around with it. Hopefully it's not too long before they show some more of the RPG stuff.
People saying that it's not that impressive visually don't seem to understand how much is going on here, the world seems really dense with details with lots of AI walking around and the animations are top of the line for an open world RPG. This is really impressive for this type of game, and I don't expect the PS4 and Xbox One versions to look this good, only the PC and next gen console versions (assuming it's cross gen).

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
6cc8e934-d676-48ac-ad7f-d59701779a94.png

Whew. Should be up on Gamersyde servers soon.
Hell yes, this is what we've been waiting for! Gamersyde da best.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
What I liked:

- The seamless world. Yeah it looks like a current-gen game mostly but I'll accept the sort of flat visuals if it means the world is truly sprawling and load-free

- Possibilities for storytelling. This is definitely a tough sell from this trailer alone but the various competing factions and interests means there is some REAL potential for an interesting and dense story....... if they can pull that off

- The sense of place was pretty solid, loved the little shops and apartment

- Great sense of giving you a sense of danger. Lots of guns shoved in your face and the like

- Vehicles!!!!

What I didn't like:

- Why is everyone so ANGRY? I know this is a dystopian place and all but I'm hoping for some tonal variety

- There was a LOT of gunplay in this, and even the non-violent path led to a huge firefight. I do fear it falls into the Mass Effect trap, where the gunplay isn't very good, but the game is 40-60 hours long and filled with gunplay.

- The destructible environments were so cheesily scripted

- The choices didn't seem super impactful

Still in a wait and see attitude so far. It will absolutely 1000% need a knock out of the park story with a great world and characters for this to work. And I'm going to need a little more than what they've shown so far.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Demo is definitely not running at a native 4K. Definitely looks softer. Looks like it could be 1080p even.

Last edited:

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Overall that looked great, and more importantly, looked like a real product. All the hitching and graphical defects made it look believable on current-gen hardware in a way that the trailer did not.

I'm not really convinced about the actual shooting aspect of the game, even less about all the aimbot guns in the game, but I'm sure it will be serviceable at least like the combat in The Witcher.
Yeah, every little blemish actually made me happy because it seemed a lot more achievable. Very different from something like the original Watch_dogs demo where everything was so perfect with custom animations for every little detail and interaction.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Superb and very thorough first-look. More color and personality (and punk!) than Deus Ex yet with an even higher level of grit. More scope yet with no visible loading.

Nice to see there's a real game behind all the hype that gives me no doubt it's genuine. No single aspect is above your regular combat or RPG game but it is the volume and cohesiveness of what's on display here that lifts it above.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, though a little overhyped. Hopefully the rpg systems don't mess up the action gameplay too much. So far it looks like they're doing a good job of differentiating upgrades in more natural, action-based ways, like being able to cling to walls and stuff, but we'll see how the final product turns out. I imagine it was overhyped because this is the kinda game where showing an intro mission doesn't really give you a good sense of what's in store, so you just trust the devs and let your imagination fill in the rest. They say what you do here will have lasting impact, so you just believe them even though we having seen what "lasting impact" means or actually leads to. Whether it's something meaningful or not. So if you just take it on face value then it's clearly very good but nothing mind blowing. But, if things are actual as natural and meaningful over the course of the full game as they (and our imaginations) want us to believe, then yes, we're in store for something special. So we'll see. As of right now it looks like a game I'll pick up and might even really enjoy. But whether it lives up to its "gamechanger" reputation it's already building up sounds like a tall order.

Oct 25, 2017
I was impressed with the combat when I wasn't expecting to be. Not as impressed with the writing however. Every chats get felt like a collection of walking stereotypes.

Also, looked like there was an Npc with a hijab. Cool to see.

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of choices and open ended gameplay was the best part. I am expecting RDR to be scripted like all Rockstar games, and not dynamic like this one.

Hopefully they do make it dynamic (as they said in the previews bit that remains to be seen).

Agreed. Rockstar's games are always so disappointingly linear in their mission design.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking back to the expectations some built for games like NMS I'm convinced some people just can't contain themselves and are pretty detached from reality of videogames.

If this doesn't impress them then I can only feel sorry for them. This looks like a top tier borderline next gen videogame from a studio with a stellar track record. The fact that this is the quality they can put out with the game one or two years out is insane.

Totally agree, I kept thinking how other games pale in comparison to all the things going on in this game, it's firing on all cylinders.

This is ResetEra. We don't enjoy video games or feel excitement here.

Some things never change.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Every games have different goals. I'm comparing 2 gameplay videos of 2 open world games. And Ghosts of Tsushima looks way more impressive than Cyberpunk 2077.

I remember some journalists at E3 claiming the game was so visually advanced, they weren't sure it was feasible this gen.... It was a lie. This looks like a very good looking current gen game.
No way. I don't want to get too off topic, but no way. Some of the gifs posted itt are way waaay above what was shown of Ghosts at E3. The sheer density of npcs, buildings, etc.

No, lol this is easily looking like the most ambitious open world game in a very long time

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate how Borderlands it looks with the damage indicator and stuff on the screen.

I know it is an RPG but I want it to look like GTA Cyberpunk visually when I walking simulator the shit out of this game.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
You've been bitter about this game ever since they announced it will be an FPS instead of 3rd person. I get to each his own, but your bias towards the view perspective makes it clear why you would deride this game and prefer Ghosts of Tsushima over it.

But to each his own in the end.

I thought Ghost of Tsushima looked more impressive to me as well. People made it out like cyberpunk was like some next gen level stuff, but it looks absolutely possible for current gen. As mentioned before it pretty much looks like a more polished fallout game(which doesn't say much tbh) in a different setting.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Well. I'm impressed and can't wait to see more of it. The game is still a work in progress as stressed by CDPR so.... I'm kinda hoping this comes out in 2020 just to see how much more massive they can make this game

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Still cant believe this happened. Pinch me please. The full 48 min gameplay who expected this. CDPR are fucking legends.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017

No one should be surprised Mark Henry is alive and kicking in the year 2077, he had a lot left in the tank.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Especially interested in how they handle stealth. I always like to play a pure stealth character. We saw the spiderbot had an invisibility cloak so I'm hoping there's something similar for the player. Stealth killing, hacking, and engineering skills sounds like a good combo.

CattleCalypto

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
No way. I don't want to get too off topic, but no way. Some of the gifs posted itt are way waaay above what was shown of Ghosts at E3. The sheer density of npcs, buildings, etc.

No, lol this is easily looking like the most ambitious open world game in a very long time
i don't see it as being more ambitious than RDR 2

Oct 29, 2017
Jackie dialogue was rough, I am not a fan of throwing a Spanish word every now and then, because I don't think I it happens in real life, just in movies. The doctor scene was top notch in every sense however. That looked ready for shipping.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I don't really get why RDR2 keeps coming up other than 'huge AAA blockbuster'. One is a FPS, the other TPS. They are set against completely different time periods. One is shipping in 2 months, the other has no release date.

RDR2 was like the furthest game from my mind when watching the demo.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It looks pretty damn good. I didn't particularly care for the swearing, though. I don't have a problem with swearing at all, in general, but it felt really juvenile here. I genuinely laughed out loud when they followed a particularly vulgar line by saying the game is 'mature'. I'm worried this will end up catering to 4chan edgelords and katana owning bedroom-dwellers more than people with an actual interest in and love for the setting and its possibilities. And 'a female' actually made me snort. Oh dear.

Still, pretty much everything else looked really, really great.

Pretty much agree, when they were cursing up a storm it felt so forced, like they want to be taken seriously like a HBO show or something. It might work better once you actually know the characters but segmented out like that it was a silly look. The other conversations are generally a lot better, at least, although I'm worried how many stereotypes they're going to lean into.

I'm impressed so far but I think I wanna see how the world flows together and how much impact your dialogue really has.