• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this was perfection. The way it just got more awesome by the minute.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
They don't - they're public, look them up. They're doing very well.

Yeah I have absolutely no idea what he/she is talking about??

Their results are on their site but I still have no idea what that has to do with releasing gameplay

"As of the end of March, 2018, the Group held cash, cash equivalents and bank deposits valued at 662 million PLN, and had no outstanding debt under any credit or loan agreements."

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
World is cool wish it was 3rd person. Another Cyberpunk game in first person.

Could have given the player the option to switch on the fly and have it automatically switch to first person for certain scenes just like the game has cutscenes where you see your character.

I just wanna travel through a world like this and see my character. First person really just isn't more immersive to me

Was cool but not super impressive

CattleCalypto

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Rockstar has yet to prove they can put decent gameplay into an open world game though.

Also, two completely different games.[/QUOTE
Have to give it to CDPR, this is embarrassing for everyone else in the industry (looking at you Rockstar and Bethesda especially). Watched the stream in awe, and I have a lot of questions how exactly CDPR develops their games and what is so different compared to other studios.
why would Rockstar be "embarassed", have you seen the greatness that was the RDR 2 gameplay video

i mean the demo looked great, but the hyperbole in here

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Have to give it to CDPR, this is embarrassing for everyone else in the industry (looking at you Rockstar and Bethesda especially). Watched the stream in awe, and I have a lot of questions how exactly CDPR develops their games and what is so different compared to other studios.
Bethesda, sure, but Rockstar? The stuff in the RDR2 gameplay is on par with what CDPR was showing here

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed. All that noise from journalists with the behind closed door presentstion was overrated. It looks like a good looking current gen game. Ghosts of Tsushima looks way more next gen. Easily a PS4/Xbone title. The textures were meh. Animation was ok, but many games are above. The lightening was top notch.

Of course the Sony template game looks better /s

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stuff I liked:
  • They don't shy away from full-frontal nudity but also don't seem to use it gratuitously.
  • Lots of different ways to approach quests
  • The world looked amazing. If it's as alive and interconnected as they say it is, wow!
  • Some of those negotiations actually felt pretty tense.
  • There's a good amount of proper character interaction going on in dialogues, not just two characters standing across from one another.

Stuff I didn't like:
  • V's underwear just looked too sexed up and uncomfortable/impractical. (I'm guessing underwear may be customisable but still, they picked this for the demo.)
  • Jackie using "pussy" to mean "coward", one of the guards using "cocksucker" as a slur
  • The game's UI referring to grown-ass women as girls
  • Art style seemed a bit bland, honestly

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I thought I would buy one of the new RTX cards for Battlefield V and Metro, but no.

This. This is the reason to upgrade my PC. I NEED to play this now.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Rockstar has yet to prove they can put decent gameplay into an open world game though.

Also, two completely different games.
What? RDR had great shooting and the best horse riding in the business.

GTA V had amazing arcade driving physics and good helicopter and plane controls as well.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was sitting glued to my 55" plasma like a meter away from the screen it was so good

Just improve the driving physics and give me mouse for shootouts and we are off

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It looks really great, but I agree with the people who say the media overhyped the game.
It will still be an easy Goty/GotG candidate whenever it comes out.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is gonna be equal to this Witcher III gif

CloudyOddballFoxhound-size_restricted.gif

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Cannot see those encounters working well in third person unless they made the maps much bigger tbh, cannot see them changing the camera (Which is fine by me, I prefer first person).

Looks great.

Oct 26, 2017
The gif that's getting reposted shows that daylight works for this setting. Lots of people were wary that the initial trailer didn't show off much of the night of "Night City". I am fully convinced that the setting works regardless of time of day now.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Writing/acting are cringe, action is generic, and.. I guess the achievement is impressive in terms of graphics and the scope of the game, but I think I'll pass.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen such variety in NPC's ever in any open-world game. I was looking if I can notice the same looking NPC's, but I couldn't and they all look busy doing something in the world. This is without a doubt the most believable open-game ever from this demo.
The enemies looked like the same guy copy+pasted over and over, just one model for each faction.

Monorojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given their recent transphobic remarks, I think I'll just buy this game used from GameStop.

But looks great!

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Nice little detail is that throughout the whole mission, the boxing match is played on the TV, we see it in Dex's car and then in Ripper doc's clinic, pretty sweet.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The game is definitely shaping up to be impressive. Sure, there are some rough spots, but it's early gameplay.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
whew that was the best gameplay showcase in for ever.
Really hyped for this.
The combat, traversal, world, characters, like everything looks amazing and next gen

Oct 25, 2017
The lower salaries in Poland are a big factor for sure. It gives them the opportunity to create more for less $$$.
The rest? Fuck me, just talent I guess.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Looks amazing, this is basically what I want from a next gen Deus Ex. Can't wait to explore the city, looks really dynamic.

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
This is looking like what I expected from Bethesda in the future. A big open world FPS RPG in a believable world. Hyped!

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I was confused when I read someone who saw it backdoors at GDC compare the combat to Titanfall but I get it now. Game looks absolutely amazing, please come out next year.