• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
PtGvSk9.gif

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
FUCKING FUCK YES

The only thing wrong with this trailer is that I don't think it emphasizes enough that every other shot seems it could have a different version of the protagonist.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Do people really think this rpg open world that will almost certainly have a day/night cycle will always be bright and sunny?
Reminds me of when people lost their shit at MD for having actual daytime - despite Prague being one of the best hubs in games imo

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
The protagonist is not my cup of tea. Guess I'm getting old and I can't relate to the young cocky archtype.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do people think cyberpunk worlds are permanently raining and dark 24/7? You know there's going to be sunlight at some point?

Blade Runner has clouded their minds with this set tone that cyberpunk settings must follow because reasons.

Y'all are going to get your pink mohawks and you're going to like it.

The protagonist is not my cup of tea. Guess I'm getting old and I can't relate to the young cocky archtype.

The protagonist is a custom character, bruv.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Do people think cyberpunk worlds are permanently raining and dark 24/7? You know there's going to be sunlight at some point?

Some comments here are really funny. I remember when CDPR showed more Witcher 3 gameplay and a lot of people claimed it was "too colourful" and "generic".

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm hoping that V's gonna be a Commander Shepard of sorts--note the use of 'their' here:

'You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend.'

Hopefully that means gender selection/character creation.

I have a feeling there is because I noticed that a woman in the trailer has the exact same jacket that the male protag is wearing.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I see there were a couple of MS codes in the trailer after running ICEBR.exe but they've all been redeemed. Anyone grabbed one, or are they all expired codes<?

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
For new page — did anyone from ERA manage to snag one of the Xbox codes??

Nov 4, 2017
People complaining about no gameplay.....considering this won't see the light of day until 2020 you're lucky you got to see anything today.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Damn, 2020. I was hoping for 2019, it's going to be so long lol.
See you at next E3 for gameplay blowout so ? Can't wait.
What an excellent trailer. Some real good camera's placements and editing, real direction here I loved it.
I want to play a cop, can't wait.

Oct 27, 2017
Do they even have the team 100% on the project yet? If so, when did they start fully developing it? Not releasing before 2020 makes me think they were waiting on next generation dev kits.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks so good, I thought it was going to be grimdark from the first trailer but I'm so glad I was mistaken.

Looks amazing, the game I am waiting for, can not wait.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
hard to tell from the trailer obviously but i really hope this is still third person

incredible aesthetic though

Ruken

Oct 29, 2017
Really disappointed with the artistic direction so far.
Just make the game look like this or maybe don't call it Cyberpunk:

4651057f97ee8f42b6c04cb581c5c69f.jpg

That said, I'll keep an eye on it and see what they do with this surprise in tone. Maybe I'll end up loving it.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
I love everything about this, the setting, design, style, vibe, atmosphere, characters...this is gonna be amazing.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
I'll be honest and say I feel quite disappointed. Something about the trailer just felt off about the world. Maybe it was just my expectations for out of hand but I guess I was hoping to see more like what the teaser teased.

The Mad Mango

Oct 27, 2017
I love the first Blade Runner, but the neo-noir thing has been done a whole lot at this point, so I'm fine with this brighter, poppier aesthetic.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Man that trailer was giving me strong Rockstar vibes. CDPR is bringing it hard with this game. The wait remains excruciating.

Oct 26, 2017
I love how 80's this looks.

The trailer description and the hidden text seem to conflict with each other. The trailer description mentions playing as V while the text highlights a character creator.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
They nailed the cyberpunk vibe in their own way, but yeah, sounds like a next gen game at this point.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Really disappointed with the artistic direction so far.
Just make the game look like this or maybe don't call it Cyberpunk:

4651057f97ee8f42b6c04cb581c5c69f.jpg

That said, I'll keep an eye on it and see what they do with this surprise in tone. Maybe I'll end up loving it.

1. Daytime in the concept art too
2. How do you know a market in the game doesn't look like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.