• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrocoDuck

Oct 28, 2017
Wished the game was more darker, grittier in the style of blade runner. Looked pretty good overall.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Trailer looked fucking great. Not so happy about ditching our create a character and all that it seems but anxious to learn more.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Tone is like some 2 fast 2 furious gangsta GTA cyberpunk shit, hopefully that's for the trailer only and the actual game is or can be depending on your choices more esoteric and rpg-ish than that.

ThePunisher

Oct 27, 2017
wasn't the aesthetics I wanted. way too much day light. I wanted a dark, neon, blade runner type environment.

Last edited:

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Like some say, I hope character creation and classes are still in. This setting offers so many possibilities both aesthetics and gameplay-wise that it'd be a crime not to be able to have this stuff.

I didn't expect gameplay or the game releasing anytime soon, but it's still dissapointing. This looks godly, hot damn.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
I honestly don't think the guy in the trailer is a playable character. He's probably one of the many NPCs in the game we are going to encounter and the trailer is just showing their stories and the world at the same time.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping it was more neo-noir but whatever this was such a good trailer regardless

Dope music and graphics and they've fleshed out the world big time. There was so much going on in that vignette

I got hella faith in this being excellent after how steadily improved the witcher series was until they made arguably the best game this gen in the third one

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
For all the hype about this, that did nothing for me.

I loved Witcher 3 but I'm not feeling this.

Hoping gameplay makes up for it.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Underwhelmed tbh.

It was my most anticipated game from the conference and there was no gameplay (like a full uncut segment). It looks good but I was expecting more. :(

Also if there is no character creation... that main character looked extremely generic.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Looks great. More colorful than I was expecting which I'm very excited about. Definitely not just trying to ape Blade Runner's aesthetic.

Vorador

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Where the gameplay at

In private booth of CD Projekt :( they where doing 1 hour passes for press...i think?

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I don't think it's a set protagonist at all, it's likely just a generic PoV/character with a preset like all other RPGs where you make your own character do. CDPR specifically went for the Cyberpunk IP and has Mike Pondsmith working on the game, I don't know why they'd deviate from it and make you play a designed protagonist, seems like a waste to use the Cyberpunk TTRPG IP and then throw away its classes/character customisation.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly didn't expect it to be so well lit... These games are usually all nighttime and neon in the rain.

Isn't CDPR actually at E3, though? Think we'll get some gameplay somewhere else?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the future of every 80s straight-to-vhs movie

i like the designs, really wanna see gameplay

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wait wait wait, where did that info come from in the OP? I don't see it on the youtube video or on cdprojekt's site/twitter.

I Hope that's not true, from the start they talked about making your own character, it would really really suck if you were forced into a set protag for this game, Cyberpunk should be like Vampire: TMB where you get to make your own character and choose the class and how you want to play within that world. There's so many different WILDLY different classes in Cyberpunk that it would suck to be stuck to a generic set protag.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Again, YOU CAN PLAY AS MALE OR FEMALE PROTAGONIST.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really dont like how colorfull it looks.

It makes it feel like a Cyperpunk themed GTA :(

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
Looks neat. I was hoping we'd see gameplay but it may be a little too early for that :P hope it turns out good!

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still confident(ish) that we will get to at least choose the gender of our character based on that blurb... Gender neutral name, using "their" instead of "his." Still hoping there is some sort of character creator, cause I don't want to look like that dude. Classes will probably be more about a background and an ability set, rather than having a huge impact on the story... which isn't surprising.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
That looked AMAZING but I wanted more :( all this wait for for just this was a bit disappointing.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also love the visual diversity of characters. We've got punk, we got dudes in cowboy hats, got turbans, got suits. Really feels like a CITY, not a set. So many sci-fi games have character designs that say nothing about the characters and instead look like they're just pulled from the same runway collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.