• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2017
Visuals look like what we'd get if Rockstar made a 3D GTA 2.

I don't normally get hyped for games anymore but this one is definitely top of the list

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't really show anything that trailer

If its true this game already is keeping NextGen in mind i can see this being really far away
Stream lagged at the end for me - No release date right?

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
What a way to end the conference. Looking forward to hearing more before E3 is out! They're at least going to give us a release window, right?

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best looking AND the best looking game showed today. Holy shit man am I so in!! Massive western cyber punk rpg.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus fucking christ that was the best showing of an awesome conference

Takers on a date? Early 2020?

HHGaming

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk looks really good, love the atmosphere.
Now show us the gameplay, hopefully they will at least inside closed doors

less

Oct 25, 2017
Visually, looks very different than I imagined but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Bit bummed at the main character so far. Not really feeling him too well so far but hopefully we'll have plenty of leeway in shaping his personality.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
This was a completely different tone than I was hoping for. And the VA was kind of making me cringe. I'll still keep an eye on it but that made less interested tbh.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoping that V's gonna be a Commander Shepard of sorts--note the use of 'their' here:

'You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend.'

Hopefully that means gender selection/character creation.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
*Very* striking trailer but I wish there was some gameplay.

I wouldn't worry too much about the protagonist thing. Could be like a Shepard from ME thing where you have a "defined" character but can customize them heavily. V sounds like a pretty generic name.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to playing it in 2077.

Seriously though, I expected more considering how long ago it was announced.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract.

Noooooo why why, another one to the pile.

I would imagine it's just a set name for a customizable character. Similar to Commander Shepard. V is a pretty vague name I feel will allow being able to role play whatever we desire.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
Very exciting and disappointing at the same time. Cinematic trailer, no release date. Feels bad.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
That was one of the best ways to start a premiere lol as soon as everything went bezerk I knew instantly "this is cyberpunk" but holy shit if it wasnt amazing!

Vorador

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, a cyberpunk world without piss filter! and bright colors even!!

Seriously, crossing my fingers. The atmosphere of the trailer looks real good.

godawful generic tough guy white bald deep-voiced protag but the world looks great

We've been told there's a character creator for the MC. So its shouldn't been a problem.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You can play as male or female characters, by the way. Female all the way for me. Male protag is definitely Robbie Daymond (Prompto), he's okay, but in for female.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Super smart of CDPR to not go the usual "neo noir" route with the visual style. This game looks and feels new and fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.