• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
People scorning/maligning others for suggesting that the delay in some way may bring a bit of ease into the current predicament of the developers should either provide conclusive evidence that these folks are in a worse position due to the delay (no one is arguing that they will be stressed and crunching, as opposed to being absolutely overwhelmed, till the day the game is released and then some due to inevitability of patches and DLC) or shut the fuck up.

It is fucking tiring to see some people drive by with these smart-ass comments.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
YES!

Now I'll actually have money to buy all the games I want in the first half of the year

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Well, now people can't complain about next gen consoles launching with limited AAA titles to play!

And shouldn't we be happy because developers don't have to do excessive crunch?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Delay games if you have to for sure but please stop announcing dates before you are really sure. Every single person on Era said that they are not hitting April release as soon as it was announced.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Take all the time you need.

Hell...delay it 3 years and make a next-gen version instead.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
They did out of respect for ff7r and re3r. Ill think that until proven otherwise. But now i def expect a ps5 and xbsx patch for launch taking advantage of higher res fps and graphics

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Genuinely really glad about this! Insider gossip was talking about how stretched for time they were, and this means a new series of ray tracing GPUs will be on the market before the game releases.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Oh thank god, now I can play Animal Crossing for six months uninterrupted.
TogqDm3X_400x400.jpg

Animal Crossing will be next guys, I tell ya.

All the "too good to be true" highlights for the first half of the year were exactly that, too good to be true.
Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate-Isabelle-924x520.jpg

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Reminder: The Witcher 3 was delayed, for several months, twice, and virtually no one remembers or cares anymore. Because the game was good. They took the time to make it that way.

We're getting a more polished game out of this, and there's a colossal mountain of other quality games to go through in the meantime. It's gonna be okay, y'all.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Knew this was going to happen, but it still hurts! I'm all for spreading these releases out though.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Whoa. Damn. This was the most exciting release for me of 2020. Guess I have time now to actually build a computer to play it like I wanted.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
So many of us called this so we shouldn't be surprised. I couldn't see how this game would possibly be done in Q2 2020 considering that it's only been in active development since mid-2017.

Glad they're taking the time they need though. This game's got way too much potential to be released buggy and/or incomplete.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
What is kind of cool is that GTA V and Cyberpunk 2077 will share release date anniversaries.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
If they ship this in September and there isn't support for the next gen consoles a couple months later, it's going to make them look silly..

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Annoying but fine with me. Make it awesome. Polish the hell out of it. Make it a launch title for one of the consoles that might now launch in Sep.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
It's hard to give an accurate estimation for the release date of such a complex project. I have no idea why anyone is disappointed by this news. Just let them work at their own pace and release it when it is ready.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Pretty much means a next gen version at launch. Good news coming at ps5 reveal event

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Yeah, was pretty obvious. At this point we should have seen way more videos and/or coverage. I'm not even mad though because a) RE3 in April and b) I still have to write my final thesis at university and I'm done right before September so I can enjoy it without any kind of burden (if it won't get delayed further).

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Unless Square-Enix knows something CD Projekt Red hasn't announced yet, CD Projekt Red needs to stand firm on their release date and not be bullied by other companies releasing their big titles near theirs; because in that case it would just seem like they're doing it to see if they can scare them off lol

We shall see :)

It's pretty obvious though that something's going to have to move, because April is way too stacked.

giphy.gif

Think how much better CP2077 will be come September, though! ;)

xMM4nsonx

Nov 1, 2017
Three years of full development, release date announced in June 2019 and now a delay? Fuck off CD Projekt RED. I will play it on my PC. No sense buy a PS4 version that will be old after two or three months.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how I feel about this delay - I figured if it was delayed, it would be maybe by a month or two...definitely not by 8 months.

Going by the release date announcement at E3 last year - we are basically right back where we started from waiting-wise [give or take two months] :(

For me, this is devastating news and I am crestfallen - but I'll pull myself back together.

🤘🏻

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Well maybe the RTX3080ti will be on time.
It's very possible the good health of The Witcher (W3 switch port and long leg for Witcher games elsewhere thanks to the TV Series), allows them to dedicate more time and resource to that one project.
The more Polish polish, the better. Don't rush it.

Feeling for ya Black Chamber though, should be all the more sweet when time comes.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Same happened with Witcher 3 isn't? I even remember some nasty rumors saying the game was going through development hell and that the game will turn out to be a mess but then got delayed a bit more and it turned out to be one of the best games of the generation. Delays like this will always be good despite the dissapointment of waiting a bit more.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Yea there's no way I'm getting this on the current-gen consoles then. Hoping they're quick with the next-gen versions.