• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Can't say I'm too bothered. Hopefully they'll do some decent dives into the game between now and September.

mueske

Apr 11, 2019
I knew it. Happy that I waited, I'd prefer a PS5 version over my laptop that will really show it's age when new cards drop later this year.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile at SE:

sMDszzv.gif
rip Avengers though, that got bumped to september right?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Was waiting for next gen consoles anyway, but I'll likely wait for BF or new year of there are known issues.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone saw this coming from miles away. I hope they are making a day 1 PS5 patch because i dont want to play this on my Pro

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
These threads really bring out all industry insiders on ERA, "I knew, HAHAA!" :D

Also could be worse. I just move my booked time off around and maybe have 3080Ti to run this with.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
This is actually good for me. With the Final Fantasy VII Remake delay the games became way too close to each other.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Many of us were predicting this would happen. Please take your time, CDPR!

This also 100% seals it as a PS5 purchase now.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Knew it was coming lol. Glad there's more time between all these games now.

Feb 5, 2018
Theres literally:

- Animal crossing
- Doom Eternal
- RE3 Remake
- FF7R
- Nioh 2
- Persona 5R
- Yakuza 3-5 Remastered
- Likely rereleases of Pikmin 3 and SM3DW

And more coming out in a span of 3 months, so im entirely content with having this pushed out, especially not in the summer to compete with LoU2 and Ghosts.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like a hyped game actually hitting its first announced release date is more the exception than the rule at this point. In just the past few months:

- Doom gets delayed from November to March
- Ori gets delayed from February to March
- Watch Dogs gets delayed from March to who knows when
- Same for Rainbow Six
- FF7R gets delayed from March to April
- Cyberpunk gets delayed from April to September
- Avengers gets delayed from May to September
- Last of Us gets delayed from February to May

Honestly, this, lol.

At this point I'm expecting one more short delay for TLOU2, and/or Ghosts of Tsushaima.

First half of 2020 went from bonkers to only great, which ain't bad, but especially for things like Avengers and Cyberpunk, unless they release day-1 on next-gen consoles, they're definitely gonna lose some of their luster.

(Moreso Avengers than Cyberpunk, but still)

Feb 12, 2019
Well, the good news is that's one fewer game I'm tempted to pick up during the March/April frenzy. Now I just have to decide between... Doom, Nioh 2, Resident Evil 3, and FFVIIR.

Damn it.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
That's a shame especially since I expect a delay for Half Life Alyx and Doom already got delayed.

I'll have Ori and the Will of the Wisp to play but now Spring is at serious risk of being sparse of newly released games I want to play. Hopefully the next Nintendo direct changes things.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
It was so expected this was going to happen, I never onc ebelieved that the game was going to come out in March 2020.

I just don't know why they took so late to announce it. You don't go from "Maybe this will be ready to release" to "Oh we'll need half a year more" when you are under 3 months from the original release date.

And poor OP and everyone who posted in this thread

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Had a freeling that would happen but its totally fine with me.

Ryzen 4000 and Ampere will have a good launch game then