• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Expected. it was slated for April and no one has had any hands-on time with it which worried me. I'd also rather they delay than have another witcher 3 on consoles at launch situation. witcher 3 on base PS4 was so bad for me i had to wait a couple months for patches and then i really enjoyed the game.

with it coming in September now i may just wait till PS5 and play it there.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Cool, I had mentally sent Resident Evil 3 to my Black Friday 2020 purchases since I wanted Cyberpunk 2020 but now I'll get the latter om BF.

No fucking way I'm paying full price for a game that is launching in September that isn't either 1. A Nintendo game or 2. A next gen game.

I'm willing to bet that one of the two consoles will be launching in September now.

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
I'm ok with this. Maybe the RTX 3080 Ti will be out before the game releases. Hopefully that card will allow for 4K 60 with RTX. Exciting times ahead!

Oct 27, 2017
I was planning to wait for a PS5 version anyways so this is all good. Also gives them more time to work on the game comfortably and release a version they can be proud of so win-win. Hopefully with better boosts for next-gen

(I also wouldn't be surprised if a lot more games are also getting moved to later lead to boosted next-gen versions)

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Animal Crossing will be next guys, I tell ya.

All the "too good to be true" highlights for the first half of the year were exactly that, too good to be true.

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wouldn't be surprise if it has 1 more small delay into October or something.

That would be nice. The closer to November, the better.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
Make it good. Also a bit relieved because I want to play it on the Series X and had it come out in April I would have totally got the X1 version, and now March/April has more room to breathe.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
If you're a day-one purchaser of next-gen consoles, there's basically no reason to pick up Cyberpunk at launch now. Not that it's a bad thing, necessarily. It just wouldn't make much sense to wait that long and not wait an extra two months.
These are my exact thoughts. I was planning on picking up Cyberpunk 2077 at launch and playing it on my 1X. Now though, I might as well hold out in the hopes it gets a next gen patch, or at the very least, runs better on the more powerful hardware.

This also puts it in a tough spot, cause if I'm going to be waiting that long now, I'll probably end up playing Halo Infinite as the first game on the XSX. And if there's no next gen patch by then, I'll probably move to the new Assassin's Creed game first (since it's rumored to be cross gen).

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even upset. There was too much to play this spring as it was and I would rather they take their time and get the game done and polished without too much crunch involved.

I know some will be disappointed but this is best for everyone. And hey maybe it will launch with the PS5 nearby as well.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. A delay was expected, but not this long. This year might still be a "good year" for games, but it got way delayed that's for sure. The upside is that I should actually have a new Nvidia card before it releases now, instead of getting one after.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Damn this means Cyberpunk 2077 and Halo Infinite are going to be launching within 2 months of each other..... too much.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile at SE:

sMDszzv.gif

MovieFlask

Nov 1, 2019
Maryland
Could see this coming, but it still sucks. I guess we'll be playing this on the newer consoles (for anyone not getting it on PC)...

I want to see them make the best game they can, so I have no problem with this.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Now all the people asking if new GPUs will come out in time can rest easy, they'll either come a month before or the same month.