• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lol it went gold just release the game already and then patch it for the next month what's the difference? The game is going to sell a TON of units regardless.
Bad PR when the first month of press coverage is overwhelmingly negative regarding the (presumably) poor performance on current Gen consoles.

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
What's DNF? Did not finish?
sry for the confusion, it is duke nukem forever.
if should not know it, it was a running gag back then because it was supposed to come out during fall 1997 and eventually was released 2011. it was delayed numerous times to the point that they simply said: it is done when it is done. meaning, we dont know when we will release this game.

in the 90s this game was state-of-the-art and everyone's jaw dropped everytime when 3d realms released pics or videos about the footage.

in the end, the company went backrupt and the game was finished by gearbox. it was just another shooter.

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
Gone Gold has really lost its meaning... how do you gone gold but can't hit target release date?

Also, they just basically extend crunch for all the employees for another few weeks although I doubt it would get much better after the game is officially released.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
Works for me honestly. November is so stacked with PS5 launch AND Beyond Light for me. I was already likely pushing CP77 out to Jan anyway.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Now that game is in the print and copies are shipped around as prep for the launch... what are the odds that physical copies get out between now and Dec 10th, leading to leaked video of un-patched game, story spoilers etc?

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Officially announcing that the game is gold isn't "every reply". That's not something that is up to their PR department, and it definitely needs approval from someone higher up the ranks.

And if that tweet went out without their knowledge too, then it's just another example of awful management. No PR team just has the freedom to post updates on development of their own volition.
I thought you were referring to the above posts of the account saying no more delays not referencing the gold announcement. My apologies.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Lol it went gold just release the game already and then patch it for the next month what's the difference? The game is going to sell a TON of units regardless.

To me it sounds like the version that "went gold" still had severe performance issues and/or bugs. Why else suffer another, at this point rather embarrassing, delay?

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Gone Gold has really lost its meaning... how do you gone gold but can't hit target release date?

Also, they just basically extend crunch for all the employees for another few weeks although I doubt it would get much better after the game is officially released.
It means that they were relying on a gigantic Day 1 patch and in the end couldn't deliver. The "gold" version is probably extremely buggy. Console versions in particular probably run horribly (I think we haven't even seen footage).

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
they didnt push their dates 3 times.
Red Dead had two very large delays and GTA one very big one. You can throw The Witcher 3 on that pile as well. Sure the delays aren't ideal but the game will sell well if it reviews well. This delay will have little to no impact on sales.

Not announcing a specific date is a good thing for not adding extra pressure to a team. As soon as you announce a date publicly it almost guarantees crunch and obviously that's a topic R* and CPR are very familiar with.

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I was so sure that this was coming out Fall 2019; that when the initial release date was announced at E3 2019 in June to be April 16th, 2020 - that felt like the first delay.

Same, although like you I think I was probbaly blinded by my hype for the game :)

Rumours are internally they were aiming for Fall 2019, however pushed it back to April just to be safe.

Oh dear lol.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Yeah if you've got this thing pre-ordered and you're planning to play it on a base PS4 or Xbox One, I would cancel that pre-order at this point. That's probably where the most issues are

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that game is in the print and copies are shipped around as prep for the launch... what are the odds that physical copies get out between now and Dec 10th, leading to leaked video of un-patched game, story spoilers etc?
Its possible, we could have another TLOU2 disaster on our hands where spoilers are out way before the game launches.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017

There is still weeks before its release so the actual discs won't be anywhere near retailers meaning it is more likely it doesn't leak, although still possible, hopefully none will have been shipped yet at all and they can just hold the discs until they need to be shipped so leaks stay minimal.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
"Hey on the plus side, if they burn out their employees until they quit, I'm sure they won't have to pay their employees the bonus for game sales!"

or

"Totally understandable, it probably takes 3 weeks to make sure current gen can render a fetishized dick to an acceptable level."

or

"Wow, those devs must be really passionate, completely willingly volunteering to push back the game and working themselves to death so they can make this video game as good as possible for us."

Decisions, decisions 🤔

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I guess this would depend on how far into the manufacturing process they got. Assuming the discs were pressed or are still being pressed then I would say the probability is high although they could probably delay actual shipment to negate the chances.

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

I wonder if they actually started printing physical copies. Or was the gold announcement purely a PR move to try and take some focus away from Bloomberg crunch story?

If they knew they could never hit November and another delay was imminent, they probably wouldn't have started formal production.

Of course this is all speculation...

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I trust CDPR to give me a good game in the end, W3 also suffered numerous delays.
BUT, if you've taken on more platforms then you can chew, delay those, I don't see the point in delaying all the platforms just because you found out that you need to further optimize Stadia/next-gen etc.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It sure did hurt GTA and Red Dead when they did the same thing ...
Neither of those games had delays like this one come on now. The only similarity between the three is the level of crunch.

Yeah I'm not believing any release date anymore until I see an installer download the game on my machine.

Fucking absurd, but here we are.
*Game gets delayed mid install*

giphy.gif

TeacherDenz

Jul 7, 2020
User Banned (1 Month): Ignoring Staff Post, Trolling, Backseat Moderation, Account in Junior Phase
Can some people stop trying to force others to boycott Cyberpunk because of politics in this thread when there are already 4 other threads on the subject I'm here already?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I wonder if they actually started printing physical copies. Or was the gold announcement purely a PR move to try and take some focus away from Bloomberg crunch story?

If they knew they could never hit November and another delay was imminent, they probably wouldn't have started formal production.

Of course this is all speculation...

They were 100% committed to previous date, they made some insanely costly ad buys for it.

I have no doubt that game was in full print.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
There is still weeks before its release so the actual discs won't be anywhere near retailers meaning it is more likely it doesn't leak, although still possible, hopefully none will have been shipped yet at all and they can just hold the discs until they need to be shipped so leaks stay minimal.
It's the workers in the warehouses where these games are stored that ultimately make the decision to leak it or not.

One person taking a copy home unbeknownst to anyone will be what starts it - and it will be un-patched, play poorly and the internet will attack CDPR for it; like what happened with TLOU2.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Knowing what kind of nightmare it is to get even a small game to all consoles, i'm not surprised at all. This is most likely because the next gen consoles are in the same release schedule too. The certification and testing process is just ridiculous and this is a massive game.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Neither of those games had delays like this one come on now. The only similarity between the three is the level of crunch.
Look at their wikis. They certainly had release dates scheduled well in advance of their release. Also a three week delay is the most nothing thing ever in the world of video games. The only real news here is that they went gold and then delayed. That's obviously super strange.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Good. This will be the best game of all time, so I'm ok with them taking the time necessary to ensure it lives up to its potential. I'm a patient dude.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Now I'm really curious about how the game performs on a base PS4.

With its nearly 8 years of troubled development saga, I would love to watch a documentary about it. Such a crazy story.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't some 1.0 discs be already pressed? This was weeks before launch, unless the November date was smoke screen from the start and they knew that.