• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm seriously starting to question the quality of the game. People pointed out that the game is probably a mess on consoles but it could also be a mess on PC. At this point there's no way that i'm buying it day one. I'll wait for impressions.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit of a mess on PC day one. I'm definitely not getting it day one, which is why I'm thinking of just getting it on next-gen when the patch releases instead.
Cancel the current gen versions

They're not going to just drop an install base of around 100 million people.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
some twitter replies are abysmal. Thinking it was "just due to problems with shipping" jesus christ

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this means less crunch?
tenor.gif

Facosao

Jan 13, 2020
Last of Us Part II it is.

Looking at Metacritic scores, the highest rated game of the year so far was Persona 5 Royal with a 95 score, but that game is kind of a remaster/Director's Cut so I guess it wouldn't count for GOTY. Then there is The Last of Us Part II, Hades and Half-Life Alyx all with a 93 score, so I guess these will all be nominated for GOTY.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at Metacritic scores, the highest rated game of the year so far was Persona 5 Royal with a 95 score, but that game is kind of a remaster/Director's Cut so I guess it wouldn't count for GOTY. Then there is The Last of Us Part II, Hades and Half-Life Alyx all with a 93 score, so I guess these will all be nominated for GOTY.
Yeah, I can't see it going to an indie or VR game (even though both will get nominated). TLOU2 will get an easy win.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

And Animal Crossing.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
As stated multiple times a game being sent to be pressed is supposed to be at least in a playable state and certified for launch already. Regardless of day 0/1 patches the game should be playable from what's on the disc, which doesn't seem to be the case for this so one has to wonder if they outright lied about the game going gold.

Only in your head. But over here in the real world.
The game has passed cert, outside of the internal Q&A there is nothing to prevent a publisher "releasing" a game in any state they please. As we've seen with countless games with bugs and glitches.

This won't be a decision they will have taken lightly.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
This is pretty much confirmation that this game is going to be a mess Day1.

Did you actually think it wouldn't be a mess on any date? Let's be honest no matter the date it was never going to be in a great shape on release. Witcher 3 was a big ass mess on PS4 and I would have done myself a big favor by waiting 3-4 months after it came out.

How ever much I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 it might be in my best interest to wait until next year.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck yes, I'm actually gonna be able to take some time off work in December.

First time I'm actually happy for a delay lol.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Did you actually think it wouldn't be a mess on any date? Let's be honest no matter the date it was never going to be in a great shape on release. Witcher 3 was a big ass mess on PS4 and I would have done myself a big favor by waiting 3-4 months after it came out.

How ever much I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 it might be in my best interest to wait until next year.

I have a watched thread right now of people giving this over a 90 metacritic. I said it was no way going to make that. I saved it just in case I needed to eat crow, but I think I'm going to be fine in my prediction of low 80's lol.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
I am not surprised in the least. Such a massive game, which is most certainly mismanaged if some of the stories about it are true, coupled with the huge ambition behind it can only mean this game is riddled with bugs or nowhere near the polish level people expect from it.

Some people are really excited to play it day 1, but I know I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much as I will a year from now when most of the kinks are ironed out. And perhaps 1 year won't be enough for that.

Hovahtsug

Backwards Compatible
Oct 11, 2020
Brazil
Only in your head. But over here in the real world.
The game has passed cert, outside of the internal Q&A there is nothing to prevent a publisher "releasing" a game in any state they please. As we've seen with countless games with bugs and glitches.

This won't be a decision they will have taken lightly.
You are right, but this is what CDPR said, that the game is playable from start to finish right now, without updates, but we can't know for sure. On december we will be able to test this out.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be some good news for the journalists who would have had to cover this + the next gen launches

Wonder if the next launch played into the delay decision.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
You are right, but this is what CDPR said, that the game is playable from start to finish right now, without updates, but we can't know for sure. On december we will be able to test this out.

Well we can know for sure : but it on disc and you will be able to play this version , from start to finish without any bugs.
They won't have delayed manufacturing.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Has there ever been a game delayed this many times after receiving a proper "month/day/year" release date? I can't think of any off-hand.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Seems to be some good news for the journalists who would have had to cover this + the next gen launches

Wonder if the next launch played into the delay decision.

The game was out on the same day as PS5 in Europe. Not an ideal situation when Xbox had the marketing rights. I imagine many will choose Demon's Souls and Spider-Man over Cyberpunk

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Honestly kind of happy about this, I'm really bust right now and by then I should have a lot more time on my hands.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
CDPR's recent moves -- whether it's the trans issues, the crunch issues or this news -- have not filled me with optimism. I think my Cyberpunk expectations have fully shifted from excitement to curiosity.

But in 2020, video game delays really mean nothing to me personally, because we're just so absolutely saturated in content at all times. This just means I'll get to soak in Hyrule Warriors and maybe check out Sakuna on launch day.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
This makes the disc copy worthless, right? Since it went gold, I believe they are already pressing copies. But if it's still being delayed, there must be a hefty Day 1 patch. Shitty.