• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Vacation? For sure i'm not wasting my day off to play a videogame or getting a new console.

COVID puts a cramp in the whole vacation thing for us. As a result I am having to "waste" PTO because we can only carry so much to the next year and it's a "Use it or lose it" situation. I'm taking the 11th-13th off just for new consoles because why not. I'm taking some for the holidays too of course.

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Oh well, was just talking to a few friends who are very excited for cyberpunk and I was complaining there was too many games coming out!

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
I'm thinking absolutely awful.
I wouldn't at all be surprised to hear that it has severe issues on the original platforms. PS4 and X1S had mid-tier PC specs even in 2013. Try to now make a game that looks amazing in 2020 while still supporting these old consoles, it's honestly incredibly difficult. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Cyberpunk drops into the teens on both those platforms regularly.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to say to take their time but I'm sure that extensive crunch probably got extended as well, this is just demoralizing for the devs.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Every dated game can be delayed, especially during COVID.

Absolutely. COVID is fucking my work up too. I don't expect different from anyone else right now.

I hope the kids of CDPR devs are on twitter so they know why their parents can't make it home for Thanksgiving.

Not every place on the planet is the United States of America.

Whew, I guess that's one saving grace. Hope they don't care about Christmas either or it's gonna be a rude awakening.

Lol, nicely done.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Everyone over at Ubisoft today:

giphy.gif

mattypacker

Oct 29, 2017
Bristol UK
Genuinely shocked by this. What worries me is that this sounds like a "last chance to make this year" sort of date. They won't go any closer to Christmas than that.

I reckon if December 10th isn't made then there may well be another more substantial delay into mid next year. Hopefully not though.

Edit: Also this sucks for the workforce. I can't imagine the pressure and crunch they are having to go through right now

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
I knew it!!! I freaking knew it they will postpone it again. It's just terrible that the devs will have to be on full-speed mode for another few weeks

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Feel awful for the workers. They must be getting crunched into oblivion.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
giphy.gif

You can't make this shit up. "No more delays" has to go down in history after this.
On a serious note, fuck, I really hope the employees are alright.

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of all the burnt out employees :/

There's already enough bullshit with the game's content itself (which we'll be able to fully judge once it's out), so don't destroy the lives of all employees to absolutely release a video game before Christmas.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Just release the juicy PC version and delay consoles as long as needed/ or just cancel current console versions and release on next gen only some time next year. Biggest mistake was to try and squeeze such a game on the crippled current gen consoles in the first place!
current gen discs are literally already printed why on earth would they cancel it.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't at all be surprised to hear that it has severe issues on the original platforms. PS4 and X1S had mid-tier PC specs even in 2013. Try to now make a game that looks amazing in 2020 while still supporting these old consoles, it's honestly incredibly difficult. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Cyberpunk drops into the teens on both those platforms regularly.
Yeah this game is barely gonna run on base consoles.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, those fools saying CDPR had one more delay in the tank were right.

From where I sit, this is nothing but good news. November was looking uncomfortably crowded.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Good, I might actually be able to grab a 3080 before then. Meanwhile, spidey and demon's souls should hold me nicely until december.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
You know they are gonna be crunching beyond release if the bugs are so visible and bad they have to delay. Whatever updates or DLC are planned for this need to be worked on ASAP to the people in charge so they aren't going anywhere.

JarrodL

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh.

They're repeating the same thing they did with the Witcher 3, it's becoming a studio tradition.
www.gamespot.com

The Witcher 3 Delayed Again

Release date pushed back to May 19, studio confirms.

The Witcher 3 release date has been delayed again, seven months after its developer promised the title's deadlines would not be pushed back any further.

Poland-based developer, CD Projekt Red, has set the game's new launch date for May 19 next year.

High ambitions for the next-gen title were cited as key reasons for the delay.

"The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected," the studio wrote in a prepared statement.

CD Projekt Red's announcement marks the second such delay for the Witcher 3 project. In March, studio co-founder Marcin Iwinski assured that there would be no further setbacks.

"This is not our first game; we are not newbies," he said at the time. "It's not like 'hey we are delaying and we'll keep on delaying'.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Kinda refusing to buy the game at this point, for a company who treats their customers so well they treat their employees like utter garbage.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is unreal. I am speechless.

These fucking clowns, delaying a game 3 weeks before launch, after it has gone gold. What the FUCK is going on. Current-gen must run like dogshit.

My condolences to all CDPR staff for the upcoming crunch brutality.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
If we are using sales and "lasting impact" then FIFA, COD, Fortnite should be GOTY all years, but that's not how things work.
TLOU 2 is going to win easily.
But none of those games have critical acclaim like Animal Crossing. The sales and impact are just the aspects where AC surpasses Last of Us 2, that's why I mentioned those.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
This must be a mess on OG Xbox One, isn't it? Anyways I'm not mad Ubi unexpectedly convinced me to get Valhalla so enough time to finish that is good news.