• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imo, they're doing these micro delays as a unscrupulous way to keep morale up in the face of unrelenting crunch. The use the idea that the end is almost there to make one final push across the finish line and then they move the finish line.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol shit or get off the pot, this is embarassing

its telling that they are hiding the console versions

Last edited:

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
That frees up a slot in my November budget. Anyone have any suggestions?

On the docket:
Miles Morales
Demon's Souls

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
F40-E2-AC3-D172-421-A-8-A22-445-B3-D791768.jpg
It is toxic for sure, but the poster has a point.
CDPR's management is garbage.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

It might have changed but in the past sometimes you get refunded credit when a game is delayed - but in the case of reward points when they are refunded they might be expired at that point. Again - not sure if it's the case now but I've heard of this happening in the past.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Not on the same scale as big games, but we release on ios/android and smart TV platforms. If there is a strongly required go live date (eg tied to marketing) the certification can be an important critical path to deal with. So you may choose to go to cert with a version that you know isn't ideal or that will need patching, but because you know cert can take a couple weeks and need to account for perhaps 2-3 passes (worst case hopefully) you go early knowing you'll fix the snag list later
This is basically what I was thinking about.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Just release the juicy PC version and delay consoles as long as needed/ or just cancel current console versions and release on next gen only some time next year. Biggest mistake was to try and squeeze such a game on the crippled current gen consoles in the first place!

Oct 27, 2017
Only a 3 week delay seems crazy to me on a game of this size and complexity.

This tells me that the Gold version isn't good enough to sell and patch later. I wonder how long their test cycle is.

I wasn't buying the game, but I am fascinated by the dev / PR cycle on this one. It feels like management have made deals that required unrealistic deadlines. And instead of giving the team the time they need, they keep making small extensions.

I hope the game turns out well but there are a ton of red flags right now.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Well expect the day one patch to be fucking huge then. Whats stopping them delaying this till next year. I suspect that is going to happen now :/

Vanquished

Oct 16, 2020
wait, i'm lost

are they planning to drop the next gen version of the game at the same time as the current gen version ?
I understand it's just making sure that BC works as intended on next-gen.

I'm bit disappointed on the delay but it's not a bad thing afterall personally. I'm looking forward to several titles by the end of this year so I'll have some extra time before CP2077 drops.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn. This one hurts. The 19th release date was going to lead right into a week off of work for me due to Thanksigiving.

Oh well. Maybe now I'll be able to get a 3080 before release.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Getting ridiculous with it now. Also this:

Holy shit.

Also, a reminder:

www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

Preface: To avoid the usual suspects I want to start out by saying that you are not being shamed for your purchase of Cyberpunk 2077. If you feel slightly bad about buying the game as a result of the issues being highlighted then, honestly, good. Interfacing with problematic products should...

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
I guess I'm not playing Cyberpunk until next year
I wonder how long the wait will be for the next gen versions

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if its missing Nov release then it has serious issues. Don't be surprised if it gets delayed again.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
"Since Cyberpunk 2077 evolved towards almost being a next-gen title somewhere along the way"

Translation: It'll run like shit on current gen.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Now you can see Cyberpunk vs God of War Ragnarok in the 2021 game awards
By the time GOTY 2021 happens, there will be more AAA games fresher on people's minds. Potentially Hogwarts Legacy, Starfield, maybe even Elden Ring, and others. So it will be far more difficult for Cyberpunk to win the 2021 GOTY when it isn't the shiny new game anymore.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Yes! With Beyond Light coming out on the 10th and the raid launching on the 21st I was going crazy about not being able to play Cyberpunk on the 19th. Now I don't to worry about that.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been following this game closely. Have they showed any gameplay recently? I was concerned with what I saw last time I watched uninterrupted gameplay but that was ages ago.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I think it's the gross for them to make joke about this, like, one delay? Ok. Two? Ok.
But fucking FOUR times, and less than two weeks before release, c'mon, this is a total shitshow regarding management.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
failed certification most likely.

You gotta love that "6 weeks of mandatory crunch; nearly at the finish line!" statement, just to add another 3 weeks.

Dreadful, poor devs.
p.s. fuck CDPR's transphobia.