• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Nice catch, it wouldn't surprise me either. It's looks humid as shit in there. It actually looks right too, looks like the weird smudges that happens when you have clammy hands.

Yeah, hot and humid... i bet most animals are extinct but Mosquitos thriving... damn mosquitos...
It would be funny to have V lose 1HP and clap a mosquito on their neck :P

by the way, the excerpts start at 32:25 in the video deepdive+qa (for better clarity).

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Man I hope they release a proper high quality encoding of that gameplay demo. The YouTube vid is hideously compressed.
They need to actually render the game at higher than 1080p then IMO
Nice catch, it wouldn't surprise me either. It's looks humid as shit in there. It actually looks right too, looks like the weird smudges that happens when you have clammy hands.

This looks 100% like a temporal ghost from RT AO, not a overly crazy detail of it being humid and leaving condensation smudge.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Nah he got his self banned and I say that even though I was agreeing with him the thread. He needs to stop responding to every person that has a different opinion then him. Once he joins a thread he'll pretty much take over the conversation. He's a good guy, but he has no chill at all.

I mean, yeah. That's just how he is, he really need to cop a ban for that? Oh well, let me not argue for NetWatch gets me too.

I really want that uncut/raw footage. But seriously, this thread and the other is EXACTLY why developers are not open with their development because the internet will destroy them if they change anything even when they say and put in big bold letters NOT FINAL GAME, SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I'm wondering if anyone know the answer to these questions:

1) Do we HAVE to dress like street punks? I want to dress like a Corpo. Sleek and fashionable suits etc. I also may want to go Ninja and wear a tight fitting body suit or something. So do we have confirmation of different styles of wearable clothes?
D9B-6NhXYAAjrlm.jpg

2) Can we get that full chrome body mod on our player character? I want to be shiny and silver!
j68TY.jpg

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
I don't know if we're getting a high quality version so I enhanced a few snapshots.

234141.030-editsgjue.jpg

000834.813-edit5fkcy.jpg

233912.621-editdgkbe.jpg

234244.837-edit60k56.jpg

233853.733-editbrkbi.jpg
tenor.gif

God damnit that looks good, and that's just the Pacifica which is a poor district with not much luxury and lights going on. Now imagine the richest districts.... I might actually delay playing this game just so I can get my hands on a 2080ti and a new CPU. Playing this on anything other than High-Ultra is a damn crime against humanity. I wanna experience this in full glory.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
Nah he got his self banned and I say that even though I was agreeing with him the thread. He needs to stop responding to every person that has a different opinion then him. Once he joins a thread he'll pretty much take over the conversation. He's a good guy, but he has no chill at all.

Kinda funny that the poster who made idiotic "lazy dev" posts got off scott free

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Just an aside here everyone:

I'm going to surmise from the fate of the other thread, that debating the fact that there are "very occasionally third-person cutscenes" in the game vs. none at all, isn't going to help anyone and the debate on said subject will just go in circles; so it would be exceedingly refreshing if we all just adhere to the discussion of the Deep Dive video and it's contents, as well as our hopes and wishes for Cyberpunk 2077 itself :)
If there were no news about the alleged scrapping of TPP cutscenes, people wouldn't even notice when playing the game. It's all a big outrage over nothing. There will still be cutscenes that "start" a chapter/cycle like the one waking up in your apartment and the ones in the elevator.

So much wasted breath over nothing.

RIP to Crossing Eden.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for that as well. Gamersyde blimblim got the E3 2018 demo after a few days it was revealed. I'm hoping they upload this one by tomorrow.

There were a few uncut bits from the demo tucked in the Q&A session. NPC count is still impressive.

How can someone see this and be disappointed with the graphics.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States

1) Do we HAVE to dress like street punks? I want to dress like a Corpo. Sleek and fashionable suits etc. I also may want to go Ninja and wear a tight fitting body suit or something. So do we have confirmation of different styles of wearable clothes?
D9B-6NhXYAAjrlm.jpg

2) Can we get that full chrome body mod on our player character? I want to be shiny and silver!
j68TY.jpg
I'm sure we'll be able to wear nice suits as well as tight-fitting, Matrix-esque/Ninja outfits as well. In the latest gameplay Deep Dive demo, you can see the Netrunner class is wearing a tight-fitting Cybersuit.
If there were no news about the alleged scrapping of TPP cutscenes, people wouldn't even notice when playing the game. It's all a big outrage over nothing. There will still be cutscenes that "start" a chapter/cycle like the one waking up in your apartment and the ones in the elevator.

RIP to Crossing Eden.
Well said :)

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018

Outstar is apparently former CDPR, so take this with a grain of salt, they themselves say they might not have great information. But this is practically what many of us surmised, that a reply was taken out of context and that people read too much into it.

Not in an overhype sense, but something tells me that when this game comes out, many people's concerns are going to be put to rest within the first hour.
Brain rot?

Game looks insane visually. Anyone disappointed with these graphics will never be satisfied.
The NPC density in that last part is pretty great, with the little bridge, the bright ambience of the windows. Looks really nice.

Also, confirmation about the quality of the video from Dictator.
I would not guess that - since there is official word it is RTX 2080Ti footage with RT on. But for some reason it is 1080p footage in a 4K file. I am not sure how or why CDPR released that instead of the ultra crisp 4K resolution footage we saw at Gamescom, but here we are.

It is also missing any of the areas and shots that make the graphics super obvious - RT features which look really nice look pretty hidden in this footage. None of the eye candy areas :(
The quality of the video is indeed screwed to 1080p for some reason. Really strange, but that kind of explains why the fidelity looks off yet the game is being rendered with a 2080ti lol. And apparently we (the public) didn't get footage of some cool areas.
Doesn't seem so weird if it's with raytracing features enabled, unless people want them to lie to us and render out 4k raytraced footage at 8fps for this video?
EDIT: The demo that people saw (DigitalFoundry talk about it in their video) was in 4K and they said it was more spectacular than the public one. They said only some dips below 30 in certain areas like pulling up to the mall. So it sounds like even now it can achieve 4K/30, but I can't make assumptions about the devbuild versus the eventual release.

Last edited:

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
The quality of the video is indeed screwed to 1080p for some reason. Really strange, but that kind of explains why the fidelity looks off yet the game is being rendered with a 2080ti lol.

Doesn't seem so weird if it's with raytracing features enabled, unless people want them to lie to us and render out 4k raytraced footage at 8fps for this video?

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017

RIP to Crossing Eden.
Wait... most cut scenes are in first person now!? What is even the point of customizing the look of your character in this game then? Profoundly disappointing development if true.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Can't answer either of your questions with certainty. However with regards to question 1. In the recent Deep Dive video they show this image of male V in a full netrunner bodysuit suit -
tevbovozapj31.png
In the inventory screen you can also see several different pieces of clothing icons at one point, with one of them appearing to be a white-ish trenchcoat looking jacket.

That's obviously not solid confirmation of anything. But I would honestly be kinda shocked if they didn't allow us to go beyond the streetpunk / low level gang banger look

With regards to question 2. I don't think they've shown chrome body mods yet. However we've seen a female V with these arms -
6Xwd2gc.jpg
And likely such modification won't be limited only to the arms.

Also don't quote me on this, but I think I remember reading or hearing someone from CDPR at some point hinting at being able to go full on chrome

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Wait... most cut scenes are in first person now!? What is even the point of customizing the look of your character in this game then? Profoundly disappointing development if true.
You'll still be able to see your character in the menu screens, reflective surfaces and mirrors and in the occasional third-person cutscene.

It's going to be super immersive and a true role playing experience - nothing to be concerned about whatsoever.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
They already were. Nothing is being changed. There were under 2 minutes worth of TPP cutscenes compared to over 20 minutes of FPP cutscenes in last year's demo.

That ratio will most likely remain true for the entire game. CP2077 is an FPS RPG first and foremost, with most cutscenes intertwined with the gameplay perspective(FPP).

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Not now, they always were just like we got to see in last year's and this year's demos.
You'll still be able to see your character in the menu screens, reflective surfaces and mirrors and in the occasional third-person cutscene.

It's going to be super immersive and a true role playing experience - nothing to be concerned about whatsoever.
Ok thanks guys. I thought maybe we would be getting even less than we saw in the demos when I read that!

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok thanks guys. I thought maybe we would be getting even less than we saw in the demos when I read that!

I mean, it might be less than what we saw in the 2018 demo. It's hard to tell because being able to see your character in cutscenes "very occasionally" doesn't really tell us much. That could mean its like the 2018 demo. Could also mean it's like 4 times during the entire game

How often do you see your character's face in Skyrim? People still spend stupid amount of time customizing that.

Well I dunno about you. But I spent A LOT of time in third person while not in combat, and would regularly detach the camera just to pan around my character and admire how badass she looked.

So you know...different strokes for different people. Some of us actually do care about that stuff, sorry

Last edited:

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is the game I'm finally going to upgrade my PC for. My current build is from 2011 so a pretty good innings all things considered.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
How often do you see your character's face in Skyrim? People still spend stupid amount of time customizing that.
You're talking to a guy who spends most of his time in Elder Scrolls/Fallout games in TPP, so throughout the entire game lol
I mean, it might be less than what we saw in the 2018 demo. It's hard to tell because being able to see your character in cutscenes "very occasionally" doesn't really tell us much. That could mean its like the 2018 demo. Could also mean it's like 4 times during the entire game
Man that would suck. What a missed opportunity not to show the player character during potentially most cut scenes, let alone actual gameplay, in a game with so much style and even non-binary gender options. I know animations are resource intensive and I get it, but still deflates my hype significantly.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man that would suck. What a missed opportunity not to show the player character during potentially most cut scenes, let alone actual gameplay, in a game with so much style and even non-binary gender options. I know animations are resource intensive and I get it, but still deflates my hype significantly.

Well we're gonna have to wait for them to either clarify properly, or for the game to come out and see for ourselves. I'd be more than happy if it's like the 2018 demo.

But the face is always facing away from you though...?

You can easily enable free cam on pc and look at your character though. I did that often, as did/does many others

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
DF vid confirms that the game looks better in some areas than the 2018 demo we saw and a pretty sizable leap from W3. Also good to know the live demo was even more impressive. Dispels a lot of concerns people had over the game's quality

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
you know what i don't get with the whole TPP/FPP controversy thing. why doesn't cdpr implement a simple feature so that when you stay idle for a little while the camera zooms out and you see V from a third person perspective smoking a cig or doing something else in one animation. you wouldn't have to search for mirrors or search for a bike or open the menu for a static picture of V. you'd just wait a couple minutes. if you tap an arrow key or move the joystiq, the cam goes back to being first person. would make a lot of people happy, shouldn't be hard to implement at all.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
you know what i don't get with the whole TPP/FPP controversy thing. why doesn't cdpr implement a simple feature so that when you stay idle for a little while the camera zooms out and you see V from a third person perspective smoking a cig or doing something else in one animation. you wouldn't have to search for mirrors or search for a bike or open the menu for a static picture of V. you'd just wait a couple minutes. if you tap an arrow key or move the joystiq, the cam goes back to being first person. would make a lot of people happy, shouldn't be hard to implement at all.
Not a bad idea!

I think future expansions and/or DLC will add a 3rd person perspective.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I doubt that. It would require them to redesign so much of core mechanics and overdo scaling of the whole world.

It isn't some .ini value you just add for proper and well done 3rd person.
Oh I didn't mean to play in 3rd person, i.e. fighting, shooting, etc.

I meant just for walking around. Actually, the photo mode will be even better for seeing your character.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Can't answer either of your questions with certainty. However with regards to question 1. In the recent Deep Dive video they show this image of male V in a full netrunner bodysuit suit -
tevbovozapj31.png
In the inventory screen you can also see several different pieces of clothing icons at one point, with one of them appearing to be a white-ish trenchcoat looking jacket.

That's obviously not solid confirmation of anything. But I would honestly be kinda shocked if they didn't allow us to go beyond the streetpunk / low level gang banger look

With regards to question 2. I don't think they've shown chrome body mods yet. However we've seen a female V with these arms -
6Xwd2gc.jpg
And likely such modification won't be limited only to the arms.

Also don't quote me on this, but I think I remember reading or hearing someone from CDPR at some point hinting at being able to go full on chrome

Sweet. It's looking promising.I hope they go nuts with the mods.

One of the devs mentioned that the "Mr. Studd" mod from the original book is in the game (basically a vibrating function for your dick. Female version is called the "Midnight Lady"). So I'm hopeful some of the crazier stuff is in.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States

One of the devs mentioned that the "Mr. Studd" mod from the original book is in the game (basically a vibrating function for your dick. Female version is called the "Midnight Lady"). So I'm hopeful some of the crazier stuff is in.
I was surprised when it was said that the Mister Stud cyberware is in the game. They really are putting everything from the Cyberpunk 2020 Sourcebook into this game!

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Finnish gaming magazine Pelaaja (means "Gamer")

pe203_01_kansi_fin_rgb.png

Oooh thanks for the share... very nice illustration ! aaaand... not a render of V :D
He has a serious suitcase... i wonder what he is carrying...

At least i think it's his and not the property of the recently deceased. Maybe it's his soul.

Too bad it's not on switch hey ? ;) Could have used some advanced 3D rumble.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
But the face is always facing away from you though...?
Actually you can pan around and look at the player character in BGS RPGs. You also see them in all those kill shots. And of course there is more to a character than just their face. Clothes, armor, hair, body type, etc., can all be enjoyable to look at during gameplay, despite the jank.

May 18, 2018

A great idea!