• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Animals is a term designating the mindset of that gang. They're terrifying in terms of physical threat etc. leader is a white woman
Sasquatch doesn't even seem to be the leader of The Animals as a whole, unless I read it wrong, she's just the leader of this certain group that have stationed themselves in Pacifica. The narrator of the demo implies that The Animals don't usually congregate in large groups like they have unless there's a big score to be had. Which is why you're there to investigate.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Man, I love everything about this. It looks incredibly crafted, with many different playstyles to choose from, a vast number of branching narrative choices, and what sounds like a hype soundtrack.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Sasquatch doesn't even seem to be the leader of The Animals as a whole, unless I read it wrong, she's just the leader of this certain group that have stationed themselves in Pacifica. The narrator of the demo implies that The Animals don't usually congregate in large groups like they have unless there's a big score to be had. Which is why you're there to investigate.

Yeah point being its a designation for a gang. Gang is a group of like minded people having the same objective, behaving in the same way. Race doesn't matter at this point, unless it is very ostensibly inappropriate

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I agree with this but my expectations for Cyberpunk always bore this in mind. We always knew the gameplay would be bad and that progression would be a bit dull. This game exists simply for the spectacle of the detailed world, so if that hook doesn't work for you then I don't think the game is meant for you.
We knew gameplay was gonna be bad? And the game exist for spectacle of open world ? This is some huge news im reading

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
The deep dive video was a bit too monologue heavy, I was hoping for more of an uninterrupted gameplay video like the one they showed last year.
I'm still sold on the game but the video was slightly boring.

Jul 9, 2019
That part of Night City doesn't look particularly interesting. Odd choice to show off the game. Reminded me a bit of New Mombasa in Halo 2 and some areas in Deus Ex Human Revolution. And these looked bland way back when they were released. Obviously, Cyberpunk's levels will be on a much bigger scale, but this one doesn't really interest me visually. However, the characters made up for it and there gotta be more visually interesting districts.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Wait so the footage was captured on 2080 TI? Looked disappointing honestly graphically

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
LMAO of course the first thing I see in this thread is downgrades

Anyway looks really cool and I love the 1st person bike

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is basically why this E3 was all CG bullshit.

You can't ream every game for being downgraded and also complain that devs aren't showing their games off early.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Didn't blow me away like the 2018 demo but still looks fun.
And the whole downgrade discussion is pointless. Judge the game on how it looks and plays when it's released. All of this pre-release stuff doesn't really matter.

boskee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
I wouldn't say you are moaning, just more skeptical about state of the games development than I'm. I can admit that I'm giving somewhat more benefit of doubt to CDPR than I would other dev because how much I have enjoyed their games and have trust they can pull this one off too. I'm also curious to see how heavy traffic can get aka something else than borderline abandoned Pacifica, but for me more important would be on-foot NPC density over car traffic for that "mega city immersion".

Also I prefer your arguments over just crying wolf with "DOWNGRADE CONFIRMED!" :b

That's the thing tho, Witcher 3 had jank and meh elements to it, but it was forgiven/overlooked because of the lore and its story. Cyberpunk may very well be that (although they are yet to prove they can write original content that doesn't have an entire series of novels behind it), and it will be a great RPG game, but this project is also make or break for them. To get to the major leagues, they have to nail game play too.

DG5000

Nov 14, 2017
Looks pretty mundane, but I was never expecting something genre defining from the dudes that made Witcher 3. Just never sparked my interest, I'm sure the game is great but it's RPG systems looked very simplified and the gameplay looked boring and based on pretty much combat and little else (and even the fans of the game generally say that it's weak and the worst part of the game).

Witcher 3 was a tremendous success so I'm sure they're not looking to change the winning formula that much.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, this game is a HUGE step up for CDPR compared to Witcher 3 in everything!

The options to progress how you like, classes, enemy gangs etc.

Can't wait to lose myself in Night City.

I honestly can't feel that way. I really dislike the UI and this footage reminded me I really can't enjoy this with the 1st person view. Same as Deus Ex.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Overall I loved the video, and I definitely want to drive a motorcycle in the game now lol.

I kind of wish that melee combat was in third person though, like how they let you drive in third person, melee combat would just work so much better if you had a third person view imo.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm excited, especially at the prospect that I can create a sassy pants stealth/hacker-focused female (EX. Sombra from Overwatch).

iu

God I can't wait to be a super badass hacker lady.

At least we got a lot of good games to tide us over until April.

Two minds think alike. :3

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't finish the TW3 because the combat was was just too unappealing. I hope this doesn't end up the same way. Not buying it at launch.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
When I say theres downgrade I m not hating or trying to be a troll. Its what my eyes see. Really. Apart from that, we can discuss whatever, of course.

The Witcher 3 was downgraded too and its relatively reasonable because presenting a videogame its not the same as showing a "realistic" gameplay. Cyberpunk 2077 is supposed to run on an og Xbox One. Just saying. Game will be superfun to play, addictive and Im convinced they are creating a very interesting world.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
just like last year's, it looks the way I imagine it to in my mind and there's no higher compliment. it isn't gonna cure cancer but it looks like the game I want to play. I would have loved a two hour video where they just walk around the world but I am also fine if they hold back and just let us do that in April.

RAWcolour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I wish I could see what you all are seeing in this game. Sure it's from the guys who made Witcher but the gameplay and mechanics of this game doesn't seem interesting or fun at all.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
More than this game, I can't wait for the sequel when they really expand on everything. Hopefully they can add in all the stuff they spoke about early on that they've had to cut back on.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly can't feel that way. I really dislike the UI and this footage reminded me I really can't enjoy this with the 1st person view. Same as Deus Ex.
Even if you don't like it you can see how much it is deeper than Witcher 3 on every regard (gameplay-wise)

I hated the fps decision at first but the world has so much interactivity and this view is better for it imo.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I'm not satisfied with how NPCs or especially their faces look. Looks hugely downgraded, though I hope on PC they will add some better/future proof options. I still see some nice screen space reflections there.
I like the hand to hand combat which reminds me of Mirror's Edge, which was pretty cool in that regard (also with parkour). Music's great, too. Love those dark electronic tunes. I hope for some even darker and rougher tracks like in RUINER, though.

Anyways, I'm still amazed by the game it's definitely a day one purchase.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Now this looks like a game I can see running on current hardware. Not that it looks bad, just doable. I am a bit disappointed though by the RTX implementation. I was hoping it'd fix the lack of indirect shadows in scenes without direct lighting. Lots of stuff is barely casting a shadow and just looks floaty.

Like this dude getting knocked on the ground.

watchvtue5zwcovku-0004vkzu.png

There should be a sense of impact from the shadowing alone. Instead he's just bouncing on a surface that barely changes.

There is still some time till release so I hope they'll improve the game in this regard.