• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
Wow this demo was pretty disappointing. The narrator wouldn't shut up, they kept jumping from scene to scene, there wasn't any time to actually appreciate what was happening on screen, and what they showed didn't look as polished as last year's demo. Game still looks great but this demo was pretty bad IMO.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the person in charge of all the black gangsters we saw, named 'animals', is a white person. Lmao thanks for the context. You really didn't make it sound better.

Are you being obtuse on purpose? Its not a "Black gang with a white leader", the whole gang is varied between different kinds of people and genders.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
How the fuck is that supposed to make this scenario any better?
The narration chose coupled with the scene shown was chosen poorly, I'm just going to let it be there....
D88MZDBVsAA1rr1.jpg
did u post this tweet lmao

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
That was not worth the hype.

Last years look was way more impressive.
Still very hyped for the game but this seems like a typical Deux Ex mission.
I agree. It was a nice video, but not as impressive as last years uncut gameplay. Gave you a much better feel about how the game works. They should have gone with the whole presentation.
This looked good enough, but really close to Deus Ex.
Graphics still look great, but it looks downgraded. Maybe it's just the surroundings and the game still has a while until release. So that's not really important now.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Compared to gameplay video from E3 2018, 100% agree. I dont think this years video was PC. Looks more like console.
They went through hella pains to say HEY GUYS THIS IS AN IDEALIZED VERSION OF WHAT WE WANT TO DELIVER. THIS WILL CHANGE. THIS WILL CHANGE THIS WILL CHANGE.
edit: not just in the gameplay demo too, but in interviews with the developers. They said they were all very worried that people would see it as a downgrade and not just an in-development stepping stone like it should be viewed as.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to need screen grabs of the backstory creation section and the perk skill tree.

Street kid, stealthy net-runner

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
It looks good. It doesn't really leave me dreaming of possibilities the way the first demo did. Most of what we see here is pretty standard features.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
After seeing the video, the people in the animals gang is varied enough that I don't think it's an issue really.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
Jesus Christ, its a Haitian gang . Haitians are predominantly black, get over it.

Hint: Im a black guy!

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
I was listening to a Twitch streamer the other day who said they cut this "Deep Dive" to around 15 minutes as they had lukewarm feedback while showing it off behind closed doors and they didn't want to release another 50+ minute video like previously so they chopped it up.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I love how a week ago I said the new images look downgraded and everyone jumped on me, now most here are saying it looks downgraded... oh well.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I wanna know games y'all are playing because this looked just as good as some of the best games graphically this gen.
And its logical to assume a game in development will change during development.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
I still don't understand how people who have been following games for so long judge the quality of graphics on a highly compressed stream. This is why developers hate showing their games during development.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this demo was pretty disappointing. The narrator wouldn't shut up, they kept jumping from scene to scene, there wasn't any time to actually appreciate what was happening on screen, and what they showed didn't look as polished as last year's demo. Game still looks great but this demo was pretty bad IMO.

Alot of people have mentioned this, it was cut to avoid story spoilers since it was taking place in the middle of the game. They explained this right away before the demo started.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Although I believe these problematic representations of race in the game are worth discussing, be prepared for the majority of discussion on CP2077 now shift towards "DOWNGRADE!"

It sucks.

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
I am deeply concerned right now for the actual level of depth available in the game. I know it's unwise to expect some crazy hyper accurate adaptation of the pen and paper RPG but I really wanted to see more depth to the gameplay beyond your traditional "Loud" and "Quiet" combat paths found in stuff like Deus Ex. I wanted to see more of a social approach to gameplay, where the combat comes not in the form of bullets and neck snaps but one's knowledge of people in ther world, their loyalties, their agendas, and how to play toward and against them for your own personal progress. What I'm seeing here so far is a new Deus Ex and yeah I'll play it, as a Netrunner, but right now consider me disappointed until we see more that shows this game is an evolution rather than just another iteration of this type of action game.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
The game definitely looks now realistic in terms of scope and innovation, atleast from a gameplay perspective . Definitely seems like a game you would see today in market, nothing too innovative on that part. Let's see how deep the quest lines and world building really is tho.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
you really think they'd use a console to demo their prized possession? It's just the downgrade we all knew was coming. Better if you reset your expectations now so that blowback later isn't bad.

Prized possession or not, compared to the last video this looked bad. Are you saying this one was PC gameplay. Whoa dude are you sure?