• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one is your preference?

• The thirst is killing me, just give me the less polished (current gen) version

Votes: 100 6.8%
  • I can wait for the better (next gen) version

Votes: 777 53.1%
  • PC is the way to go

Votes: 585 40.0%

• Total voters

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
April made it a tough call, but September makes it much easier to wait. Would be silly to get current gen version now

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to be playing it on PC anyway, and thought "It sucks that the Nvidia cards won't be released until months after this"...
Next-gen PC it is.

Definitely for PC. While I have an RTX 2080, I am expecting to upgrade again this year to something maybe 50% better. And honestly, graphics cards sell for a good bit still, even used.

Might even be able to play 1440p/60fps with Raytracing too.

edit: You guys are using the wrong image.
cavill.jpg

Last edited:

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
CDPR wasn't going to have the patch ready for next gen launch when it was an April game. So you can put 2+2 together on the state of that now that the game is delayed to 2 months before next gen

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Isn't latter console limitation though? (At least PC they're compatible for Witcher 3)

I have no idea.
What I do know is that with other games on console, PS4 specifically, this never ocurred to me.
The Witcher 3 is the only case where I couldn´t play my vanilla save on a GOTY edition, and I still mad about it...never played the DLCs because of it =(

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
Considering my pc is better than my PS4 Pro but will be likely be dwarfed by the PS5, I think i'll be kicking myself if I don't just wait.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
It depends on the price of the those boxes... If they are less than 499, I think it's gonna be nextgen. Anything higher, current gen for me:(

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
We're all saying just wait for next gen now, including myself, but how many of us are really going to break?
I'm playing so much fewer games than I used to, and September will already have so many other choices. Once you get over that initial launch week FOMO hump, it's fine.

You're right though, lots of folks here will break.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on what's around that time in terms of game releases. But I am definitely leaning more to waiting at this point when I pick up a PS5 sometime next year.

No promises if I actually do wait though lol

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i planned on waiting for next gen consoles either way, but this makes the choice much easier for many.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
PC but I have to change my graphics card for an Ampere and I just got my 2080 super during my 32nd birthday this past October.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I think people are seriously overstating how big of a jump we're going to see at the outset of next gen. Cyberpunk will probably get a next-gen remaster yes, but I wouldn't expect it for a while.

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
The game seems extremely replayable, so you could easily play the current gen, and then next gen for a second playthrough.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
They just need to confirm PS5 day 1 support before launch. I dont want to wait 2+ months for nothing

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I will absolutely wait because it's so close to next gen anyway

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Gonna pick up a 3070 or 3080 and a new monitor and play on my PC

I couldn't imagine wanting to play it on console after how bad The Witcher 3 is on them.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'll likely buy a current gen copy, then play it using backwards compatibility with either console.

Jan 29, 2018
With the emphasis the new consoles are putting on backwards compatibility I'm hoping there isn't a next gen SKU, and instead they'll do performance patches aimed specifically at the new consoles.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
PC if I had a GPU and monitor that could take advantage of it. But as of right now I'll plan on getting the Series X version.