• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
$250 is a lot better than the $330 Square-Enix is charging for the FFVIIR "1ST Class Edition" that comes with literally half the stuff the Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition includes...

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of disappointing that they went from a cool marketing protagonist like this one from last year
D8pYziQUwAAG1vM.jpg

to this one
6352276_sd.jpg

The front cover is reversible, so I would expect her on the opposite side.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
So it was just the collectors edition and standard right? I was going to go all in with the collectors edition but it's all sold out! Which is kind of a good thing since the figurine probably won't be high quality if that Witcher 3 one is anything to go by, lol. Standard version still comes with a bunch of extra stuff so I'll go physical for this one. I can't remember the last game I actually bought a physical copy of. I think it was the deluxe version of FF XV.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Is it just me, or is it really nice to see cyberpunk have a collectors/deluxe edition without in game items as an incentive for these editions. Sick of devs who lock digital content behind a higher tiered version.

Apophis

Nov 6, 2017
Germany
Don't think it was much better than this. Wasting 200$ in this is crazy. I basically skip it and ended buying Witcher 3 Dark Horse figures much better quality and more variety for 40 bucks or less each.

Usually videogames collectors edition figures are crap with some honourable exceptions like Kotobukiya's Arkham City, Doom Revenant and BioShock Songbird. You can just wait a bit and end buying them in eBay after a while for a cheaper price.
Yes it was much better. The statue btw wasn't the only thing it that CE BTW. Huge Artbook, Steelbook and signatures from all the devs.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
After the poor quality witcher 3 statue, they should have gone with mass produced pvc figures and lower the price. The main char is not even a known or iconic character like Gerald. Same with the cover.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I would be extremely dubious of buying such late gen games physically.

KINGofCRA5H

Oct 25, 2017
Napa, CA
IIRC there is the steelbook that comes with the CE itself, and then Best Buy is the retailer that is doing the additional random steelbook as a bonus. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the sound track for the physical version digital or CD?

Looking on getting this for my brother but would love to have a physical CD I can play in my car.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Question on these collectors editions.

do they constantly release up until the game launches? or is it announced, sold out and THATS IT? seems kind of far fetched for a product to be sold out a year from release before any marketing push for the mainstream media.

How limited will this be? numbers?

Nov 1, 2017

do they constantly release up until the game launches? or is it announced, sold out and THATS IT? seems kind of far fetched for a product to be sold out a year from release before any marketing push for the mainstream media.

They get put up and they sell out within minutes basically. That's it. That's all. There might be a chance right around release that some cancelled pre orders mean a few pop up but they'll be snapped up quick enough.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL

Bestbuy and amazon will surely add more. They always do. There are usually at least three waves of adding CEs. Expect to see it throughout the year and also sometime in feb or march, before release. Other places like Gamestop ive seen restock once after selling out on stuff like Sekiro CE for example.

Bestbuy themselves have it saying coming soon, not sold out

Mar 18, 2018
They get put up and they sell out within minutes basically.
Whereas it was true for Witcher Collectors Editiona, the CP2077 CE is still available to be purchased on PL CDPR store even though they were available for week and a half already.

But a) xant be purchased for abroad and b) it's quite more expensive than previous ones

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Glad they're offering PC editions afterall. Despite all my searches found no CE for either PS4 or XB1 accross all the supported retailers so had to go for a US purchase. Hopefully I manage to snag a PC CE from a Canadian retailer :3

Status
Not open for further replies.