• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Subhero

Nov 18, 2018
The timeline for updates/DLC/NG version being pushed further back is really unfortunate and a tell-tale sign that they still do seem to have significant challenges in getting the game through the door of intended design/scale/performance.
I've stopped playing in hope of a timely update for fixes and a general upgrade of game-systems, because I think the games is good, just simply not finished in terms of extensive QA, content and finishing touches. And it might never reach the scope of the intended design :(
Oh well, seems I'll have to wait til summer...

The video message might have been meant as a gesture just like Japanese corporate fuck ups do the bow of shame, but comes just off as awkward. They should really try to do better!

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
lol @ "old-gen" consoles as if they're talking about PS2. If the game had come out a month earlier than it did they would be current gen.

This kind of annoys me the most out of the whole response, the constant referral to "old-gen" like it's some get out clause. This was current-gen for literally the entire development cycle, they knew from day one they would be launching on PS4/Xbox One. Calling it old-gen is some mealy-mouthed bullshit.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
lol @ "old-gen" consoles as if they're talking about PS2. If the game had come out a month earlier than it did they would be current gen.
Hence the delay, now they can say its an issue with "old gen" consoles as an excuse. All part of the grift

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
  • Doesn't address the strict NDA that contributed to the deceptive review phase
  • Doesn't address the scale and scope changes
  • Doesn't address the representation issues in and out of the game
I'm probably done with CD Projekt at this point. I was as hyped as everyone else for this game but I didn't end up buying it after everything leading up to and during launch. Pair that with their post-launch response and I don't have much confidence in their ability to make games I might enjoy.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Yeah...no.

Even if all the bugs and performance issues get fixed, Cyberpunk's writing, world design and quest design leaves it a mediocre-at-best game - and that's not getting into CDPR's rampant crunch, racism and transphobia.

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I mean, I don't buy this either. Just one tester playing the game for one hour could have told you this thing ain't close to be ready to be shipped.

There are MANY glitches that never fails to happen during the MAIN STORY. In any platform.
There is no way that wasn't caught in QA.
They knew it and just opted to leave it like that.

For example, V spawning at the driver's seat inside of Pannam while she drives to get her revenge or Johnny clipping inside the seat of his own car while he talks to you can be considered part of the cannon of Cyberpunk 2077 at this point.

Plum

May 31, 2018
This kind of annoys me the most out of the whole response, the constant referral to "old-gen" like it's some get out clause. This was current-gen for literally the entire development cycle, they knew from day one they would be launching on PS4/Xbox One. Calling it old-gen is some mealy-mouthed bullshit.

It plays into the whole "consoles holding the PC Master Race back," shtick that the whole r/pcmasterrace crowd loves. In reality a game like Cyberpunk 2077 releasing exclusively on PC, or even just on PC and 'current-gen' would completely unviable financially; that was the case back with Crysis in back in 2007 and it's definitely still the case now.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Ill wait for the PS5 GOTY (lmao) edition. Once that hits like 20 euros in 3 or 4 years (considering they will release next gen patch unfinished so waiting for all patches, plus all the dlc plus releasing the GOTY edition plus that one needing to decrease in price)

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
They really should have gone the No Man's Sky approach, kept their mouths shit and then come out with a big content update. Everything he said just made me more annoyed.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I can confidently say CDPR has managed to completely put me off from their work in the span of just a game. I had them in high regard thanks to The Witcher 3. Now....

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
It plays into the whole "consoles holding the PC Master Race back," shtick that the whole r/pcmasterrace crowd loves. In reality a game like Cyberpunk 2077 releasing exclusively on PC, or even just on PC and 'current-gen' would completely unviable financially; that was the case back with Crysis in back in 2007 and it's definitely still the case now.
The truth is though they were never aiming to be crisis, it was always aimed for the PS4 and Xbox One, the majority of their release dates were before next generation would come out, they don't actually have a next gen version and their whole marketing deal was with Xbox. The PC aiming thing is just them lying, the problem wasn't that they were too ambitious for current gen, it's that they had troubled development and were lucky that some of the major issues were able to push through with extra power from very high spec PC's. But the games still has those massive issues. The "should have cancelled current versions " people are ignoring that the game was meant to be made for current gen, and wasn't meant to be Crysis

LdSe

Dec 16, 2020
So this finally pushed me to actually return it.
It seems they'll keep going without addressing the backlash with real honesty (letting aside the social issues). I'd never expect "honesty" from companies, but when you sell your company with the motto of "we're so honest, transparent and receptive" and so on, try to comply at a minimum, at least, on a corporate level.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The truth is though they were never aiming to be crisis, it was always aimed for the PS4 and Xbox One, the majority of their release dates were before next generation would come out, they don't actually have a next gen version and their whole marketing deal was with Xbox. The PC aiming thing is just them lying, the problem wasn't that they were too ambitious for current gen, it's that they had troubled development and were lucky that some of the major issues were able to push through with extra power from very high spec PC's. But the games still has those massive issues. The "should have cancelled current versions " people are ignoring that the game was meant to be made for current gen ", and wasn't meant to be Crysis

It was never aiming to literally be Crysis, yeah, (Crysis was literally PC-exclusive, after all) but I really wouldn't be surprised if the game's entire design was based around PC first-and-foremost, with consoles coming afterwards. They had marketing deals with Xbox and had promised the game's console release for sure, but they were clearly not building a 'console' game until relatively very recently.

I'd liken it to Doom Eternal's Switch version. It was advertised as coming to Switch from very early on, but the game itself was not in any way being built in consideration of the Switch's specifications in the way, for instance, Monster Hunter Rise is. So the game was delayed quite severely on Switch because of that. The major difference here, however, is that the Switch version not being the target for the game was justified whereas CDPR decided to choose the minority of their customers (high-end PC gamers) as their primary target market was not.

For another example look at Crysis; the PS3/360 ports of that game had to be built in an entirely different version of CryEngine because the original game simply wouldn't have worked on those platforms. Meanwhile Crysis 2 and 3 were fairly decent day-and-date ports for the standards of the time because those games were built with console in mind.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
You are correct here, but I think it's a bit of a flawed comparison considering the context in which it's been made. Whilst Cyberpunk may have a lot more in terms of lore, and is almost undoubtedly more detailed graphics-wise, those are simply not as important as GTA's focus on sandbox gameplay. In Cyberpunk there are very few ways to create your own gameplay once you've done what the game has to offer you whereas GTA has a whole bunch of dynamic systems and extra-curricular activates to mess around with that are completely separated from Rockstar's own pre-scripted missions.

Yeah, I don't agree completely but I can see what you mean, I personally think CP has more options to customize how you play. Anyway, even tho is obvious that I'm really enjoying my time with this game, I want to clarify that I'm not trying to excuse all the other issues it has.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
It was never aiming to literally be Crysis, yeah, (Crysis was literally PC-exclusive, after all) but I really wouldn't be surprised if the game's entire design was based around PC first-and-foremost, with consoles coming afterwards. They had marketing deals with Xbox and had promised the game's console release for sure, but they were clearly not building a 'console' game until relatively very recently.

I'd liken it to Doom Eternal's Switch version. It was advertised as coming to Switch from very early on, but the game itself was not in any way being built in consideration of the Switch's specifications in the way, for instance, Monster Hunter Rise is. So the game was delayed quite severely on Switch because of that. The major difference here, however, is that the Switch version not being the target for the game was justified whereas CDPR decided to choose the minority of their customers (high-end PC gamers) as their primary target market was not.

For another example look at Crysis; the PS3/360 ports of that game had to be built in an entirely different version of CryEngine because the original game simply wouldn't have worked on those platforms. Meanwhile Crysis 2 and 3 were fairly decent day-and-date ports for the standards of the time because those games were built with console in mind.
I just disagree that they choose to aim for their PC version, I've seen different devs say for months that this game looked like it was going to come in hot which was true and the only reason some PC's don't have as many issues (still have a lot of issues) is it brute forces the issues but the underlying problems still seem to be there.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Throwing QA under the bus, the lowest paid staff probably not on full time contracts that have no comeback is just as shitty as everything they have done until now.

I worked in QA and there is zero chance their QA team didn't report thousands of issues up the chain, they are impossible to ignore.

worked in QA. can confirm there is no fucking way this is true.

I'm sure they are some bugs qa didn't catch, like the ones where you do some things out of order and it may make progress impossible,

But those are not the ones people are complaining about the most.

you decide if that makes what he said a lie or a deliberately misleading statement.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Cyberpunk's AI is non-existant on every platform. Fundamentally the game is the exact same on PC as it is on console; it just runs better there (if you have the hardware) and looks better as well (again, if you have the hardware for it).
Youch, I am super intrigued to see how basic the AI is for a game that purportedly worked hard to make the world feel alive. AI is the one thing you can not fuck with and have half-baked in an open-world game, hell even AC does a wonderful job with their AI being interesting enough. I'm not exactly having the greatest start so far, I run an ultrawide 34" curved monitor at 3440x1440 and the menu is dogshit to use because its squished to 16:9. Reading up on whether there were any fixes and apparently it gets bad in-game with black bars and even inventory use being impacted by the devs not supporting the screen size. How the hell does that happen when CDPR were hyping up how they were going to be prepared for ultrawide screen in 2018?

pepone1234

Feb 19, 2018
Throwing QA under the bus, the lowest paid staff probably not on full time contracts that have no comeback is just as shitty as everything they have done until now.

I worked in QA and there is zero chance their QA team didn't report thousands of issues up the chain, they are impossible to ignore.

I also worked in QA and i also find impossible that all of this wasn't reported by them.
This is a typical case where QA reported things that then went unsolved because of lack of manpower / time / resources or whatever, but not because QA did their job badly

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

This. This all screams "we had to do so much crunch, that there were issues in builds that nobody had time to test."

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The entire game structure seems underbaked. Even if they fix all bugs and get all consoles versions at stable 30-60FPS there are issues that won't be fixed. Seems more like an Anthem situation

That's exactly what going on. That's why I am surprised people are looking forward to DLC. It's anthem all over again.

Some PC players don't want to admit that a game they bought is half baked just cause they can power through with a good graphics card. A beautiful looking car with a shitty engine is still a fucking shitty car.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to play Cyberpunk in 8 months on next-gen once they've actually finished the game. And I can buy it a cheaper price too.

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest issue with the game is not so much the bugs/glitches (which some are game-breaking, though) but how empty it feels. I logged in 55+ hours completing all side quests, main storyline and some gigs and nothing about the game really feels groundbreaking compared to previous games. My biggest complaint is the lack of actual paths in the storyline. There's no difference between being a Nomad, Street Kid or Corpo. Also, it's weird how much content they ended up cutting from the original trailers.

Oct 30, 2017
I knew next gen version will comes much later specially with the mess condition the game was released with last month.

Take your time CDRP, I will be there day 1 for PS5 version.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see any mention of enhancing and fixing all the issues apparent even on pc. Game is a lost cause.
Because right now the only accomplishment they can pretend to have is that the PC version is actually great and its just the console versions that are bad, and most people won't be able to call them out on that because the vast majority of people don't have the PC hardware to see that, even if the game is looking and running better, it's still a fucking mess in terms of bugs and underdeveloped gameplay systems.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
That roadmap lol.

"See, here somewhere in between 2021 and 2022 we will do these things. Please support us."

Droid

Banned
Nov 27, 2020
I've had a great time with this on PS5. The whole atmosphere and characters are great. Best RPG I've played in a long time.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Ignoring and Dismissing Concerns Regarding Cyberpunk by “Just Asking Questions”. Had Been Made Aware of the Issues Regarding the Game in Prior Cyberpunk Threads
Can someone cite me the general transphobic criticisms towards the game (I mean ingame, not the twitter blunders).

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Hard to take with a straight face when you've been posting in every single thread around Cyberpunk 2077, including the OT, defending it from all angles.
Take what with a straight face? Im just asking for something to read up about. Which you know.. you could have just done instead of wasting time.

I think its a good game, with sub par last gen release and bugs. Its not the next gen sandbox that was promised, but its not the worst game of the year by a long shot. I cant see how you would for example like Deus Ex MD but not this.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I am very shocked about the like/dislike ratio.
I'm not lol

screenshot2021-01-14a97jm9.png

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Man, i want to see the person who thought that this "roadmap" picture was a good idea lmao !

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Take what with a straight face? Im just asking for something to read up about. Which you know.. you could have just done instead of wasting time.

I think its a good game, with sub par last gen release and bugs. Its not the next gen sandbox that was promised, but its not the worst game of the year by a long shot. I cant see how you would for example like Deus Ex MD but not this.
I mean, it's literally stuck to the top of every page of the OT.

Here though. Last few pages also detail a conversation that reads like it was written by a TERF and how even the decent crumb of representation is wrapped in relation to a beast. Yes – her questline, I know. They made a concerted effort to relate trans women to beasts elsewhere so when the sole trans character in the game is also related to a beast I'm not going to give grace over it. You want something to read, there you go.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Cyberpunk 2077 is the only game I have played, in 30+ years, that has crashed during the Credits. Twice. Never seen than before. You just don't expect it. Spanish Inquisition and all that. Crash during hectic gameplay - ok, not good but ok - but this game would crash for me standing still. I think my controller might be broken as I had to quicksave like it was going out of style. How they or the console makers decided it was worthy to release at all on last-gen consoles is beyond me. Money, I know. After finishing it I have forgotten that game too. I still remember shit from Witcher 3 but 2077.....crickets in my memory.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
There's nothing they could add to make me come back other than a big expansion story dlc. There's no way they'll be able to fix everything that is wrong with the open world, there's just to much, it would take years of further dev time. At most they could fix all the bugs, and make ai a little smarter.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I do not understand how they didnt know that the previous gen consoles had major problems. You can tell within the first 15 mins of the game that things are not working correctly ESPECIALLY on the street kid and corpo paths. I just dont see how they didnt see what we saw.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
The real hilarious part of all of this is that any other year this would have blown over in a month by the appearance of a different scandal. But because it's COVID, and because loads of big AAA releases are getting delayed, this is still the freshest news in the industry. CDPR have only themselves to blame.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I do not understand how they didnt know that the previous gen consoles had major problems. You can tell within the first 15 mins of the game that things are not working correctly ESPECIALLY on the street kid and corpo paths. I just dont see how they didnt see what we saw.
Yea they basically dropped "but it works on my machine" argument which is super lame.
Their external QA company did not have WFH measures, according to CDPR if we believe them, so all the work fell on the internal teams and they had more on their plate than anyone else in the studio. Small bugs might've fell through the cracks but crashing? Hard to believe.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
This is thrash IMO.

I beat the game in a decently playable form on the Series X a few weeks back but this game felt unfinished 100%. Felt unfinished because of some of the bugs I saw like not being able to shoot, jump or change weapons until I reset, that kind of stuff scream lack of proper, if any, QA.

I am done with the game and I will eventually play another go but it seems the game won't be properly finished in Vanilla status until Fall 2021. Why not delay the game until that time or closer? Why rush to release in 2020 during a pandemic, with a lot of controversy and with an unfinished game.

This game is getting no GOTY awards, it has damaged their brand in one go, it has left a bad taste on many players mind. Who was or were the dumb people making the decision to rush this out last December?

I'm baffled. If this was a next gen only game that was properly finished maybe they would've done good, even with controversy of cancelling last gen consoles. I'd imagine people would rather take the disappointment with honesty that the shit they did.