• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
How are they going fix the trash tier AI for NPCs? Like it isn't a bug or a glitch. The game was designed for the NPCs to behave the way they do.

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Q: Didn't you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?
A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we'd deliver in the final day zero update.

"Boss, I swear it was running just OK on my machine before sending to production 😭"

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I've only played the PC version but aside from the significant disparity in performance, are the console (xbox one/ps4) versions just more buggy as well? That's what it sounds like when reading stuff like this, but I've also pretty much encountered bugs here and there almost every single time I play.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
lol @ the people who held onto their copies instead of refunding because they thought next gen copy is coming soon
Yeah, I mean a lot of the first page of comments seem more upset at that than anything else? That's especially sad considering the game runs well enough in backwards compatibility mode. Obviously they should be fixing the base game and worrying about PS5/XBS versions after that. If they put out a PS5/XBS version and the previous gen versions were still broken I'd be thoroughly dissappointed.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Q: Didn't you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we'd deliver in the final day zero update.

Lol. That's same Halo MCC levels of BS. They should try digging up instead of down.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Returned it awhile ago when they announced the two current gen patches. Knew next gen would be quite a ways away.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Man, blaming the QA department is low. The whole crunch response gets a massive side eye from me too, because overtime being mandatory or not matters very little in crunch culture.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
"Testing did not show many of the issues you experienced."

WTF? Really?
519.jpg

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
so something like October for next gen.........

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
None of this gives me confidence that there are going to be significant improvements to the massive issues with the game's underlying systems that aren't bugs or glitches. In fact he immediately pushes aside the PC version as having "reviewed well". He seems to think the only problems they need to solve are the QA issues with the console versions.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really care about this statement from CDPR. I might get the game at deep discount in some years when there is a full version including all extra content.

I feel for all the employees who spent years and years to develop the game. But there's no way that I can support this type of exploitative and deceptive behaviour by the CDPR management.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
No next gen update until second half of the year is ridiculous. I can't refund this bc it was a gift purchase and not on my account.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I really hope their plans and hotfixes aren't just for the console versions cuz the PC version is also borked.

But aside from performance fixing, are they going to address all this?:
  • So many street vendors everywhere, can't buy anything from them aside from the select few marked on the map.
  • Vinyl and records can be picked up and put into junk, no where to play the records.
  • So many vehicles to steal and drive around, no where to store them.
  • Player has an apartment with zero function.
  • Red light "district," only 2 options.
  • Monowire was supposed to allow you to jack into enemies, reduced to melee weapon.
  • Mantis Blades were supposed to allow you to climb vertically (lots of building tops have some hidden loot that seemingly was meant to be accessible), reduced to melee weapon that's outclassed by swords.
  • Gorilla arms were supposed to allow you to bypass strength checks at locked doors, but reduced to melee weapons.
  • Clothing was supposed to affect street cred, completely removed from game. Street Cred is reduced to a meter that unlocks items at vendors and vehicles with fixers. Doesn't affect dialogue or missions, no way to lose street cred (afaik).
  • Entertainment braindances advertised everywhere in the game, no way to actually enjoy them. Red Dead literally lets you walk into a movie theater to enjoy short films.
  • No driving AI, no way to taxi around the map. GTA IV on the PS3 had this.
  • No self-driving cars when there's an actual mission in the game about...self..driving..cars...
  • Hundreds of buildings, almost all are superficial with no actual purpose aside from background noise.
  • Civilian AI has only 1 reaction - fear.
  • Arcades everywhere, no way to play any of the games. No side-games in general (no Gwent competitor).
That's a short list. The whole game feels superficial at best and it tries so hard to give life to a city that clearly is lifeless. It feels severely incomplete, soulless, and playing this game made me appreciate TESV and Red Dead Redemption 2 so much more. Those games did so much world building and made sure the world itself is a living-breathing place that you can interact with on a deep level aside from just doing the missions.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Oof at some of the comments in this thread.

Truly feel bad for the devs that poured their lives into this title. They along with the consumbers are the real victims here.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Any game with NPC AI, so all of them.
I played on PC, but I actually didn't have too much issue beyond of course police AI being nonexistent. The combat AI I actually thought was pretty good. Enemies would take cover, throw explosives, and the enemy netrunners would keep harassing me if I didn't take care of them. As far as NPCs themselves go, I didn't have any issue when River was following me or when I was supposed to do something with Panam. They all behaved pretty well. So at least as far as my playthrough was concerned, I didn't see much issue with AI. Is it a pathfinding issue on consoles or just not working at all?

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
THEY ALWAYS START WITH "Despite amazing reviews on X" Yeah the PC version is still a fucking mess. And of course no apology and continue to be transphobic. of course

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Next gen upgrade in the second half of the year...I feel the game and hype will be non existent by that point. They completely fucked this release up beyond belief, this will go down as one of the biggest fails in gaming.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
This was always a 2021 game that was pushed to 2020

Giving CDPR too much credit there. It was announced before last gen machines were even officially revealed.

CDPR were either always lying about the state of the game, or the direction changed and they refused to tell anyone, which is lying by omission.

With how long the game was supposedly in the oven, there was no reason it couldn't have made it out for 2020 with good management and a strong design document. And that is without crunch.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
Sucks about the next gen update time frame. Glad I picked up on pc but if the next gen update is legit, is probably be down to pick it up on console too

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope their plans and hotfixes aren't just for the console versions cuz the PC version is also borked.

But aside from performance fixing, are they going to address all this?:
  • So many street vendors everywhere, can't buy anything from them aside from the select few marked on the map.
  • Vinyl and records can be picked up and put into junk, no where to play the records.
  • So many vehicles to steal and drive around, no where to store them.
  • Player has an apartment with zero function.
  • Red light "district," only 2 options.
  • Monowire was supposed to allow you to jack into enemies, reduced to melee weapon.
  • Mantis Blades were supposed to allow you to climb vertically (lots of building tops have some hidden loot that seemingly was meant to be accessible), reduced to melee weapon that's outclassed by swords.
  • Gorilla arms were supposed to allow you to bypass strength checks at locked doors, but reduced to melee weapons.
  • Clothing was supposed to affect street cred, completely removed from game. Street Cred is reduced to a meter that unlocks items at vendors and vehicles with fixers. Doesn't affect dialogue or missions, no way to lose street cred (afaik).
  • Entertainment braindances advertised everywhere in the game, no way to actually enjoy them. Red Dead literally lets you walk into a movie theater to enjoy short films.
  • No driving AI, no way to taxi around the map. GTA IV on the PS3 had this.
  • No self-driving cars when there's an actual mission in the game about...self..driving..cars...
  • Hundreds of buildings, almost all are superficial with no actual purpose aside from background noise.
  • Civilian AI has only 1 reaction - fear.
  • Arcades everywhere, no way to play any of the games. No side-games in general (no Gwent competitor).
That's a short list. The whole game feels superficial at best and it tries so hard to give life to a city that clearly is lifeless. It feels severely incomplete, soulless, and playing this game made me appreciate TESV and Red Dead Redemption 2 so much more. Those games did so much world building and made sure the world itself is a living-breathing place that you can interact with on a deep level aside from just doing the missions.

Crafting and economy are an absolute joke as well. Literally no thought put into any of it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, I lost almost all interest in this game already. What a shit show.

Maybe I will care again in two years when the game is truly finished.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
What a bunch of fucking lies... fuck this company and this dude in video as well. I am never supporting them again...

They couldnt even tell the truth lol.