• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
This game needed a year to cook to be released in the first place. The next update is in 10 days and I'll probably be done with it before then.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's pretty insulting that their excuse comes down to "We just tried too hard to make a perfect game on PC", as if the PC version wasn't also dense with bugs and a mile off from the advertised product.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I'm satisfied knowing that updates are coming soon. I'm already enjoying it a lot on PC, and it'll be even better.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
The next-gen update not coming until late this year is exactly what I expected given how the game launched. It's fine with me, as I wouldn't even consider buying it until it drops in price and has a massive amount of bug fixes to begin with.

Oct 27, 2017
Q: Didn't you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we'd deliver in the final day zero update.
This part is golden.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How about fuck the multiplayer and just focus on fixing the game and releasing the next gen versions?

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
What a disaster. Damn.
I'm glad I decided to wait for the next-gen update on PS5. But not until the fall, and that's assuming there's no delays...

I'll buy this game when it's on sale for like $20.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at all about the next-gen update getting delayed. Good thing I have no interest in trying to play it again right now.

What a disaster though.

Last edited:

MeepMerp

Alt Account
May 2, 2020
Step in the right direction, though it does seem a bit late. Hopefully in the coming year the game gets a lot better on consoles and PC.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Leadership decisions born out of ignorance, maliciousness, or more likely some combination of the two. And beyond the bugs, the game design decisions in this game are largely bafflingly amateur. The illusion that CDPR was at the forefront of the industry has been totally shattered. The game might not be a total disaster on PC, but to pretend it's anything particularly impressive is disingenuous.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
It's odd that they keep saying that the PC version is good, I mean sure it's much better than the console version but it's still super broken.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Bug fixes are the least of this game's problems. I played this game on a high end PC and there's just so much half baked content/unbalanced mechanics/poor AI etc...This feels like they made an alpha version of the game and just called it a day.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they keep patting themselves on the back for the PC version despite that version also being a fucking mess says everything, I think.

Deleted member 49438

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I can't imagine being one of the people in this thread that thinks the game should have been delayed, but is also pissed that their next gen update isn't coming for a year. That's like, what you asked for...? Either way, not the best apology, but at least better than non apologies from other CEOs (Guillemot at Ubisoft comes to mind after all their shit). Hopefully the devs aren't going to be crunched too hard for this, although I'm not getting my hopes up...

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Im refunding this shit. I was waiting for the nextgen upgrade but fuck this

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
This...does not at ALL look good for CDPR.

It's the boy who cried wolf - why give the benefit of the doubt now? Especially when the lies about earlier are so hard to believe?

Pushing the next-gen update until fall/winter 2021 (at the EARLIEST), and relatedly, delaying any significant DLC until 2022 or later, is gonna be ROUGH for them.

Especially when the underlying game, even on PC, still has a ton of issues/underbaked ideas.

SAINT_

Banned
Oct 4, 2020
Next Gen upgrade scheduled for the fall??? I was expecting Summer at the latest jfc.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Good to know that I can wait 7-8 months and pick it up used for probably less than 30 bucks. Really glad I didn't pick this up at launch.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Wow, they are so full of shit. And the worst part is that people will actually buy into their bullshit

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
The only good thing about the next-gen update coming at the second half of 2021 is the game will discounted to a few dollars by then.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I think they really needed to address the issues they have with LGBT community representation and handling by the studio in this public apology. For the development stuff, there's stuff I can believe and other things that I think they are not mentioning over contract with third parties.

The people asking for the studio to crunch to deliver the next-gen update in Q1/Q2 seem like haven't learned from this situation at all neither.

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
I still don't understand how people believe the whole "it's the old consoles fault" when we had close to perfect games released on said consoles.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
It pisses me off so much how they keep trying to use the console versions as a scapegoat, as if the game isn't an incredibly buggy mess on PC full of blatantly cut content. Just own up to the entire thing being launched way too goddamn early.

This. They aren't being honest. Shitty PR move.

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities "

That is the important part.
Because all these other crunch stories told us, that all these crunches weren't "obligatory".
But it was always implied by their superiors

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I know this industry keeps on giving promises than cannot deliver often and keeps lying. But, as a customer and press, I never felt been lied that hard. What a fucking shitshow.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this faq sounds like a student explaining what what wrong with their class project looooooooooool