• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
PC, console and cloud streaming

TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates_1.19.2021_update.jpg

Nice. The silly thing is I saw this same image a few days ago and didn't connect that the game listed there was this one.

At least I'll be able to try it for free!

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First digital game I ever pre-ordered on console. Can't wait to get stuck into this.

It's been something I've been following for a long time, and when Yacht Club got involved... well I knew I was going to be in for a good time.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I pre-ordered it and thought it came out today. Was totally clueless of why it wouldn't let me play 😅

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
My first hyped game of the new year. I agree with a lot of others that I largely feel tapped out on 8bit nostalgia, but this looks polished enough and drawing from enough different inspirations that it looks like a big winner to me. I don't really see a ton of Ninja Gaiden inspiration besides 8bit ninja and cutscenes, but after how much I didn't like The Messenger I think that's a good thing for me

There are alot of indie games that try and go for the retro look and unfortunately a large chunk of them look and feel like trash.

Games like Cyber Shadow, Shovel Knight, The Messenger, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon etc. Are definitley considered more "hi-bit" with greater detail and fluid animation and push the 8-bit look past what the NES was capable of. I think Cyber Shadow looks freakin' amazing. As long as retro looking indie games look as good as this im all in.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Fair enough! In any case, I'm looking forward to the game now. Have you been following it for a while/excited for it?
Haven't followed it but been aware of it since its announcement in some Nintendo Direct or PAX stream or whatever it was.

I'm always wary of games claiming inspiration of big name classics of yore because they share a mechanic or a certain element. As someone who has no fondness for 8bit Ninja Gaiden, this looks extremely cool for all the things that don't remind me of that.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
waiting for it to come out on Steam, goddamn
Same, it does not even have a buy button sadly.
It's out on Steam tomorrow, just doesn't look like you can pre order it.
store.steampowered.com

Cyber Shadow on Steam

The world has been taken over by synthetic lifeforms. A desperate plea for help sets Shadow, the sole survivor of his clan, on one last mission to uncover what started the path to perpetual ruin.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
It's out on Steam tomorrow, just doesn't look like you can pre order it.
store.steampowered.com

Cyber Shadow on Steam

The world has been taken over by synthetic lifeforms. A desperate plea for help sets Shadow, the sole survivor of his clan, on one last mission to uncover what started the path to perpetual ruin.
I know. but thanks for the info and link.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for a physical edition, I'll hold off on it until then. Game looks great, I remember the trailer from a few years ago and was already interested in it then.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
As much as I want this, I'd rather a physical release as I'm not a big fan of digital software.

Looks like there's currently no plans for that though, so I guess I'm sitting on my hands for now.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How are the keys being distributed to Steel Assault backers? I don't think I have one yet.

Jan 10, 2019
Looks good! Can anyone confirm I'd have to download the PS5 version on the PSN store in order to play it on PS4? There's only that one version and it says "only playable on PS5", yet further down they state it also grants access to the PS4 version.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Anything that evokes OG Ninja Gaiden immediately goes on my radar, so I've been excited about Cyber Shadow for what feels like a very long time now. Can't wait!

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Does anyone know if the discount on Switch is only for pre-order or if it'll still be there tomorrow?

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
The only negative review (5.5/10) is affecting the Opencritic score quite a bit, so hopefully the next batch of reviews will give it a nice boost (for my Fantasycritic team, hehe...). Was thinking about taking advantage of the pre-launch discount on PS5, but if it's on Game Pass I'll at least check it out there first.