• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just finished it. 90% items found, 320 lives lost (!), just over 11 hours. That last boss fight took me about 90 minutes and 40 odd attempts on its own

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
How did people forget the dash? Some of the later jumps seem to require it. I am speedrunning with the dash cut. Cutting through poison bubbles.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
How did people forget the dash? Some of the later jumps seem to require it. I am speedrunning with the dash cut. Cutting through poison bubbles.
Later on there's more use of the downward strike to chain jumps. The dash cut is cool though, I love the invincibility it offers too

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
You're making the game harder for yourself if you aren't using the dash cut to get through the alarm lasers without triggering them.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The game feels so different to play at chapter 8 compared to chapter 1.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I feel like I'm the worst kind of person. I'll download this game and try it for 10 minutes because of game pass. But then I never pick it up again. Makes me feel terrible

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Just reach chapter 5.... and this is seriously getting pretty challenging... if you think this is hard it get way harder....

This is the Dragon or the one after ? If the dragon just spam fire ball spell when he stop, you will destroy it
Just reach chapter 5.... and this is seriously getting pretty challenging... if you think this is hard it get way harder....

This is the Dragon or the one after ? If the dragon just spam fire ball spell when he stop, you will destroy it

Thanks. Beat him.

straight after in the dream sequence. What's the the challenge. Am I supposed to defeat all the ninja's. Keep getting overrun.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm the worst kind of person. I'll download this game and try it for 10 minutes because of game pass. But then I never pick it up again. Makes me feel terrible

Why? Thats why I like using gamepass. For this game I tried it on gamepass to make sure it wasnt total crap and ended up buying it on Switch cause Id rather play it there. Though the gamepass\PC version had some weird issue where it would slowdown\stutter every 3 seconds for me.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Why? Thats why I like using gamepass. For this game I tried it on gamepass to make sure it wasnt total crap and ended up buying it on Switch cause Id rather play it there. Though the gamepass\PC version had some weird issue where it would slowdown\stutter every 3 seconds for me.
Because it's a good game. I know it's a good game. I just... idk I can't convince myself to play it

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I keep finding myself playing this on autopilot. It's a fine game, but not quite as engaging as I was hoping.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
This thread made me wary of the chapter 4 boss, and then it ended up being the simplest one for me so far, don't forget your triple fireballs!

This game's dolling out of health and energy top ups is all over the place, within that same stage it was feast or famine.

Macheezmo

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished this game. 4 hours 29 minutes. 133 deaths. 80% completion. A lot of the deaths were from dash strikes into oblivion. I never quite had a full grasp of how it worked. Sometimes when I did a jumping dash strike and turned around and attacked again I would dash strike back, and sometimes I wouldn't. I didn't spend any of my essence at the checkpoints until the final boss, which I didn't really need, but it was just faster. Not a really hard game, but it was pretty fun. I imagine the speedruns will be pretty cool to watch.

Pipyakas

Jul 20, 2018
I do feel like shit for using the Swag Blade on Biohunter and basically decimating him with zero challenge. =/

Speaking of Swag Blade, is there any way to manually turn it off without having to kill or damage yourself thrice on purpose? It's pretty much killing my ability to Air Strike bounce off enemies since the Swag destroys them by accident.
And as I see it, the game dont allow you to replay bosses even if you travel back from the teleporter. Looking forward to my second save file that I dont unlock any special weapon
As for the said special weapons, there's no other way to drop them than reload/get damaged/die and restart. I had to do that to complete the monkey race

Apr 24, 2018
Waiting for the other shoe to drop and for this game to get extremely difficult...first two levels weren't what I'd call easy, but weren't particularly difficult either imo. But, I've already had a couple of deaths foreshadowing what's likely in store for me in the near future - several deaths due falling off an edge from knockback damage. Some things I really wish would stay relics of the past...

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Finished it, 100%. Took a little over seven hours, 252 deaths. Final boss was a pain in the ass. Enjoyed the experience thoroughly.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Man, your moveset toward the end is awesome. The power progression curve in this game is classic Metroid, even if the game's structure isn't.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
I no longer have the patience for these types of games now that I've gotten older lol. Got stuck on level 2 and uninstalled the game. I used to adore these games when I was younger.

Don't grow old Era.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Got the platinum yesterday. It's a very decent game, but it could have been more. It has cool ideas (the air dash and parry mechanics are great). Too bad the story and lore are so dull and that it takes so long for movement to feel good. The level design and enemies weren't particularly inspired either. Looking forward to see what these guys do next though.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Because it's a good game. I know it's a good game. I just... idk I can't convince myself to play it
You don't have to beat it now. I played 30 minutes of The Messenger back when I bought it when it came out and I've put in six hours in the past two days. Sometimes, you just play enough to see that the game is good and come back to it later.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
So I'm revisiting levels to clear them out before moving onto Chapter 9 when I see I somehow skipped Chapter 7 entirely. I have no clue how this happened or was possible.

EDIT: Okay so I do remember that level after consulting Youtube but on the map it says unknown and has it at 0% as if I never was there. Trying to figure out how to get back there...

Edit 2: Okay I figured it out. What a bizarre handling of it though.

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So I'm revisiting levels to clear them out before moving onto Chapter 9 when I see I somehow skipped Chapter 7 entirely. I have no clue how this happened or was possible.

EDIT: Okay so I do remember that level after consulting Youtube but on the map it says unknown and has it at 0% as if I never was there. Trying to figure out how to get back there...

Edit 2: Okay I figured it out. What a bizarre handling of it though.
I was wondering that too. How do you get there, is it that the map room is no longer accessible so you have to access through 6 or 8?

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Played up to Chapter 4 last night and I just have to say... I absolutely love this game. If it gets better from here this could end up being one of my favorite indie games in a long time. The design is tight, the game controls extremely well, and the soundtrack is fantastic. Exactly what I was looking for.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
finished the game, 7h30 hours and 347 death at 100%

is there other mode? The save mode clearly indicate normal, but i can't see anyone talking about hard mode or anything else.... a boss rush mode would be great to get those feats

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Btw just wanna say the parry mechanic can suuuuuuck it. Ugh. Those projectile doors can die in a fire.

Okay so what's up with the dash. Is this another one of those skills you unlock super late in the game because when I hit the button mapped to spring, nothing happens. Literally nothing. With the -> -> to sprint both enabled and disabled. Nothing. This is an ability unlock later, isn't it?