• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Just beat the first stage, solid little game so far but your character feels a bit limited for all the vertical platforming we're doing so far. I know you unlock more later but it's annoying right now.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game seems pretty decent. Unexpectedly easy for the first 4 chapters.

Protip: If youre using a Dualsense on PC, you have to use DS4Windows option to emulate the X360 controller to make it work.

Untitled.png

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing the windows 10 version, and my framerate is reading at 55fps. Is anyone else encountering this?

On Gamepass I've had a couple of odd framerate issues. For the most part I get a solid 144 fps but very rarely get 1-2 second dips where everything feels sluggish. I also encountered a bug where, I think after alt-tabbing, the game ran at a locked 50 FPS. Had to restart to fix it. But 99.9% of the time it's a perfect 144.

EDIT: Disabled FreeSync and all my framerate issues went away.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Just beat the first stage, solid little game so far but your character feels a bit limited for all the vertical platforming we're doing so far. I know you unlock more later but it's annoying right now.
I didnt get very far before I started missing a vertical attack up/down while jumping around.. Unless thats unlocked later on.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i am so happy that you can turn off the flickering/flashing. should be a fucking standard feature for games in 2021.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Is this achievement list for real? It looks like they are all random numbers? I honestly won't play this game if it's going to result in some wonky achievement number, and I'm sure I'm not alone. If this is real, I'm surprised there isn't a stand alone thread about it. Shame, I was all ready to give this game a go and now I'm going to pass.

www.xboxachievements.com

Cyber Shadow Achievement List

Cyber Shadow has 40 Achievements worth 1000 points. View all the Achievements here

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Played through the first 3 stages, this is the good stuff. Responsive controls, varied and interesting stages and bosses, and great music.
There's in-game feats (like Shovel Knight or Monhun, a list of 'achievements' of stuff to aim for) too.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
i must be blind, i can't see anything wrong on those pictures

can you point at where exactly i should look at? Lol sorry about that
I can't see anything either lol.

cspixe6j06.png

imo you really don't notice it unless you're looking out for it all the time, but it clearly should be fixed. in the heat of the moment, it just fades into the chaos though.

in case this got lost in the shuffle: this happens when the CRT filter is turned on (even with the "bad wires" extra filter set to off), not in the default clean pixel mode.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Is this achievement list for real? It looks like they are all random numbers? I honestly won't play this game if it's going to result in some wonky achievement number, and I'm sure I'm not alone. If this is real, I'm surprised there isn't a stand alone thread about it. Shame, I was all ready to give this game a go and now I'm going to pass.

www.xboxachievements.com

Cyber Shadow Achievement List

Cyber Shadow has 40 Achievements worth 1000 points. View all the Achievements here
Personally I love this having an odd number. I used to be like that too, and obsess over having 5 or 0 at the end, but now its just a number growing 🤷

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
So to upgrade checkpoint you need money and that huge orb thingy? I'm not sure cuz I lost one of my huge orb thingy you got after boss fight.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So to upgrade checkpoint you need money and that huge orb thingy? I'm not sure cuz I lost one of my huge orb thingy you got after boss fight.
I think the large yellow orbs you get after boss fights are just you absorbing your new abilities. Blue ones after minibosses just refill the spirit gauge, and the flaming ones that sit on the inside lid of your locket, in the top right of your inventory screen, are the ones you are collecting. Not sure what for yet though.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
This feels like an actual NES game, which is both good and bad. Platforming with bullets shooting at you and flying enemies swarming you that are hard to hit is pretty annoying. Most of my deaths are from getting hit onto spikes or into pits.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
This feels like an actual NES game, which is both good and bad. Platforming with bullets shooting at you and flying enemies swarming you that are hard to hit is pretty annoying. Most of my deaths are from getting hit onto spikes or into pits.
Except an NES game wouldn't have these really good checkpoints that you can upgraded to also recharge all your stuff including giving you the power ups.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I think the large yellow orbs you get after boss fights are just you absorbing your new abilities. Blue ones after minibosses just refill the spirit gauge, and the flaming ones that sit on the inside lid of your locket, in the top right of your inventory screen, are the ones you are collecting. Not sure what for yet though.
The three orbs you're collecting are basically Zelda-style heart pieces. Once you get three, you get a new health block!
->

The small orbs enemies are dropping are currency, counted in various amounts (nice bonus: the amount is retained after you die and respawn at a checkpoint). The red stuff is obviously health, the blue stuff is your skill usage gauge (e.g. amount of Shurikens you can throw). The end of stage bosses drop the new skills. That's as far as I've figured it out so far.

The checkpoint upgrades are per-checkpoint. So you have to upgrade every checkpoint but that checkpoint then stays upgraded.

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The three orbs you're collecting are basically Zelda-style heart pieces. Once you get three, you get a new health block!
->

The small orbs enemies are dropping are currency, counted in various amounts (nice bonus: the amount is retained after you die and respawn at a checkpoint). The red stuff is obviously health, the blue stuff is your skill usage gauge (e.g. amount of Shurikens you can throw). The end of stage bosses drop the new skills. That's as far as I've figured it out so far.

Oh, fantastic, I was wondering about that! I've only got 2 so far. Give's a nice reason to go back to old stages with new abilities

Oct 28, 2017
My OCD couldn't handle that. If I get confirmation that this is the real achievement list, I'm going to save myself the OCD/anxiety and just skip this game all together.
I think this has come up a couple of times, and from what I remember using the whole scale of numbers for achievement is even encouraged by Microsoft/Xbox.

So we may be shit out of luck. I think its mostly done by indies, though. Got a lot of odd scores from Game Pass games lol. It used to be a nice round number but now its sitting at 81672, its out of control!

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
So this would be for fans which liked the older Ninja Gaiden games? I am thinking to get this on Switch.

For someone that played through the NES trilogy last year, while the main character & attack looks like Ninja Gaiden, its a bit slower overall.

I think if you come in expecing Ninja Gaiden like me you will be a bit dissapointed, but if you come in without a ton of expectations its fairly well made. I think I am around halfway through the game now for reference.