• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
If you cheese the first boss, he comments on it lol.

Now I feel dirty. Mission accomplished, I guess.

So, it looks like they want you to replay stages with the new skills/powers you get to access secrets/new areas.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Second level finished. Difficulty seems like it'll ramp up quite a bit, the first level was really easy but the second one had some nasty sections.

It really feels like a lost NES Natsume game tbh, and I say that as a huge compliment.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Looking for something to play tonight after I wrap up Hades, and this seemed to drop out of the heavens and into my lap. Can not wait to play it.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Just beat first boss. Checkpoints seem fair. I am kinda missing no option to duck. Feels strange not having that available.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
Is it a free upgrade to PS5 from PS4?

Maybe I'll get on Switch instead..idk.

Also, who composed the music?

Apr 19, 2018
Also, who composed the music?

Enrique Martin, aka Pentadrangle. Here's his Bandcamp page.

pentadrangle.bandcamp.com

Pentadrangle

Pentadrangle is a sparkling musician and gamer who wants to create music for every purpose... always with a personal touch!

I was inquiring in the review thread about Jake "virt" Kaufman's involvement, who's apparently serving as music producer on the project. There's certainly a bit of his influence in a few of these tunes, I feel.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
There are trophies on PSN, Steam mentions achievements, but yeah I don't see anything on Xbox.

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
There are trophies on PSN, Steam mentions achievements, but yeah I don't see anything on Xbox.

Windows Store version also mention achievements but don't have an achievement page, and starting the game and checking the xbox game bar don't show any achievement either.

There are in game feats though, I'm guessing the achievements will be patched in the near future in and use that data to unlock them

EDIT: Finished the first level and got an achievement unlocked notification, really weird since it still doesn't show achievements on the xbox game bar

Last edited:

Maso

Sep 6, 2018
I've never seen a platformer developer post their "recommended controllers" for their game before.

Which is really cool and helpful

until

I saw they recommended the Switch Pro controller because of it's "responsive and clicky d-pad"

W
T
F

Cyber Shadow: Recommended Controllers | Yacht Club Games

Best Game Company Born of a Yacht
Basically just says to use the Playstation controller on the Playstation, use the Xbox controller on the Xbox, use the Nintendo controller on the Nintendo. The cow goes moo.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the fence about this one, definitely interested in hearing more impressions from people!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I've never seen a platformer developer post their "recommended controllers" for their game before.

Which is really cool and helpful

until

I saw they recommended the Switch Pro controller because of it's "responsive and clicky d-pad"

W
T
F

Cyber Shadow: Recommended Controllers | Yacht Club Games

Best Game Company Born of a Yacht
List only really makes sense for the PC. The rest of the recs are just OEM controllers. Big shocker lol.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I spent way too much time on that elevator before I realised you can destroy the lasers 🤦🏾‍♂️

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
As someone who just got their series x and will game on pc how does this work? Must I install both versions on my Xbox and pc with the same game pass login? Is it automatic?
The save will be connected to your Xbox account via the cloud. So use the same Xbox profile on the Xbox App on PC and your Series X. The save should follow automatically.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The PSN web store does not allow me to preorder/purchase the game.

Is this normal?

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The save will be connected to your Xbox account via the cloud. So use the same Xbox profile on the Xbox App on PC and your Series X. The save should follow automatically.
Stupid question but if I install a game on my pc it doesn't automatically install it in my series x, correct?

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Played through the first three chapters on PC Game Pass. Really liking it so far, even if I have some frustrations with it.

Oct 25, 2017
Was excited for this when I saw a trailer months ago. Forgot it was even a thing and then suddenly it appears on Game Pass today. Yes please

Nearly done Chapter 2 - loving it so far. The music is excellent.

The music is great and the controls are SUPER tight. Using my 8bitdo pad on PC
Same. Really snappy

At the save points once you reach chapter 2 can someone explain:

Spirit recovery
Automatic repair
Blade extend Item synthesis

What does activating these actually do? And how come after bringing all three online, only automatic repair remained online 10 min later?

So weird playing a game day 1 and realizing there's - no surprise - very little information out there on it...