• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cutest Character of 2020

• Astrobot - Astro's Playroom

Votes: 150 33.6%
  • Bunger - Bugsnax

Votes: 48 10.7%
  • Dusa - Hades

Votes: 102 22.8%
  • Klee - Genshin Impact

Votes: 52 11.6%
  • Scampuss - Nioh 2

Votes: 27 6.0%
  • Ku - Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Votes: 68 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
its Dusa of course, come on

One and done.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I'd say the dancing takes significant points away from Astrobot.

Like the game's nostalgia is already kinda weird with so much of its focus being specifically on consumer electronics, but it manages to avoid that with all the fun little game cameos that are adorable and silly. But the second I see the Astrobots in the background doing the "smack the ass" dance, it swings me back towards "oh this is kinda crass and corporate, like every animated movie trying to stay relevant by adding a floss dance etc."

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Scampusses (Scampi?) from Nioh 2. No contest.

2YmvGlB.gif

Fat cat-like yokai (demons) who are always happy to see you.

You can find them in most levels and they can be recognized by the sleeping noises they make. Stroke their heads and they'll help you out!

r6vpE2h.gif

They're a bit corpulent, but they have no problem keeping up.

JGs47FV.gif

Take them into the Dark Realm with you and the demonic energy will cause them to inadvertently blow up like pufferfish. Don't mind their angry look, however; they're still your staunch allies.

PCQXO62.gif

I want one.

l426Ui4.gif
Came here for Animal Crossing and Paimon but this cat is sooo cute!

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
I'd say the dancing takes significant points away from Astrobot.

Like the game's nostalgia is already kinda weird with so much of its focus being specifically on consumer electronics, but it manages to avoid that with all the fun little game cameos that are adorable and silly. But the second I see the Astrobots in the background doing the "smack the ass" dance, it swings me back towards "oh this is kinda crass and corporate, like every animated movie trying to stay relevant by adding a floss dance etc."

Exactly. It's completely lame and fake. It's only about looking trendy, not being genuinely cool by being different/himself.

Anything in Part-Time UFO is cute:

FarmerClear.gif

Personally, I found Dusa super annoying. Please just stop talking and be a bit more confident.

Last edited:

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
You ask, we roll.

XisHgRD.gif

0S6QJ7c.gif

bgbJwSA.gif

XlgnAQU.gif

I want to close with some words of wisdom.

q1TOwsq.gif
I though Team Ninja only added these things to the game because they wanted something cute in the game to follow you around.

I was then advised to summon 3 of them against a boss in Dream of Demon that I was struggling against and the boss died without even being able to fight back.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Gladys from AC dressed up in her yellow raincoat and a bow in her hair. Makes me feel guilty about not logging in for 4 months!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
These are cute in an ugly way which is still very cute.
It's a trope!

I though Team Ninja only added these things to the game because they wanted something cute in the game to follow you around.

I was then advised to summon 3 of them against a boss in Dream of Demon that I was struggling against and the boss died without even being able to fight back.
I was sitting on a mad supply of bells of beckoning and I wondered why the game ket throwing them at you. They're cute when you encounter them, but would you really want to summon them just because?

In turns out that yes, yes you do.

MasonADC

Sep 28, 2018
Nothing will ever be funnier than people that don't interact with anything anime related determine what is a generic anime character