• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cutest Character of 2020

• Astrobot - Astro's Playroom

Votes: 150 33.6%
  • Bunger - Bugsnax

Votes: 48 10.7%
  • Dusa - Hades

Votes: 102 22.8%
  • Klee - Genshin Impact

Votes: 52 11.6%
  • Scampuss - Nioh 2

Votes: 27 6.0%
  • Ku - Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Votes: 68 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, you don't get to do this.

You don't get to brush off people taking issues with underage anime girls as "hating children." That's complete bullshit on every possible level and you know it.
But I'm talking about Klee? Who is neither sexualized nor infantilized? And the person I initially responded to didn't even mention sexualization?

Dunno what you want, dude. In the post YOU responded to I openly admitted that anime has some real bullshit issues with young kids, but I guess you missed it. It's fine.

I am one of the strongest voices against sexualization of kids, and also against infantilization of adults, that I know. Both disgust me. Fucking DISGUST me. But, as I said, Klee is neither. So if you hate Klee purely on a surface level, then... what's left?

EDIT: Y'know, I went back and read my posts and I realized I only said "kids", when I meant "anime kids", I was just deep in that context and I guess didn't realize I made that mistake. And that's what you were taking issue with... That is what I have been thinking all along, and I'm the idiot who fucked up. So this is all on me. Apologies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kyra

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Haven't played Animal Crossing or Hades, so I will vote for Klee.

Normally I'd kinda agree with the "generic anime little girl" comments, but Klee's different. She's not sexualized in any way, and in universe they treat her like a kid because she is a kid. A kid who has access to dynamite who gets constantly grounded for exploding everything. She's hilariously adorable.

1ed.gif
People that have played it know. Klee means well, but shes only here to destroy. It's what she's good at!

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Do people really feel Astrobot is particularly cute? The VR game is awesome and from what I've heard the PS5 one is charming as well, but Astrobot himself has always come off as a little generic to me. Nothing about his design sticks out to me.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Do people really feel Astrobot is particularly cute? The VR game is awesome and from what I've heard the PS5 one is charming as well, but Astrobot himself has always come off as a little generic to me. Nothing about his design sticks out to me.
Cute is more than the outer, cold, hardened steel shell of a bot. Personality counts, it is important, and Astro has mountains of cute personality.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Helll yes to the Scampuss love, can't wait to get my hands on the giant plush.
42d06aff946bdf734581e4c8c2b81e12.jpg

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Scampusses (Scampi?) from Nioh 2. No contest.

2YmvGlB.gif

Fat cat-like yokai (demons) who are always happy to see you.

You can find them in most levels and they can be recognized by the sleeping noises they make. Stroke their heads and they'll help you out!

r6vpE2h.gif

They're a bit corpulent, but they have no problem keeping up.

JGs47FV.gif

Take them into the Dark Realm with you and the demonic energy will cause them to inadvertently blow up like pufferfish. Don't mind their angry look, however; they're still your staunch allies.

PCQXO62.gif

I want one.

l426Ui4.gif
Scampuss for me as well!

Zagreus from Hades is cute too.

Remake Cloud is something special.

Last edited:

Choco Momonga

May 24, 2018
Scampusses (Scampi?) from Nioh 2. No contest.

2YmvGlB.gif

Fat cat-like yokai (demons) who are always happy to see you.

You can find them in most levels and they can be recognized by the sleeping noises they make. Stroke their heads and they'll help you out!

r6vpE2h.gif

They're a bit corpulent, but they have no problem keeping up.

JGs47FV.gif

Take them into the Dark Realm with you and the demonic energy will cause them to inadvertently blow up like pufferfish. Don't mind their angry look, however; they're still your staunch allies.

PCQXO62.gif

I want one.

l426Ui4.gif
This is it. This is the winner.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe my WoW playing friends kept this from me, I will take them to task for this.

What if I told you you can have your own Owl buddy that brings you a drink (20% health potion) every 5min (cooldown), and sticks around as a vendor if you need one, and can also respec your talents on the go?

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
That anime girl in the OP is nauseating. Basically anti-cute. Barf.

Not necessarily a character per se, but the Scampuss from Nioh 2 is pretty cute.
scampuss-nioh2-wiki-guide.jpg
It's those two. Nothing else comes close.

Ku is beyond adorable, and the scampus is a permanent affix in my character's in-game house.

Dear internet,

where the fudge are the Scampuss gifs? people need to appreciate the fat cat roll

Yours sincerely
A concerned Nocturnowl
While I appreciate ClearMetal's glorious contributions, I am desperately seeking a gif of 3 scampus rolling in unison behind the running protagonist... because that's just so goshdarn awesome. Can anyone help?

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
We should rephrase this as "character you'd most want a plushie of" to make it clearer what kind of cute is being looked for.