• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2018
Sand cats are my fav

sand-cats-kittens-forever-fb__700.jpg

sand_cat_2.jpg

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Capybara's are fucking great. They're basically giant water guinea pigs that hang out with crocs. I follow a twitter account that posts pics/videos all the time.

Opossums are super cute too.

Foxes (especially Fennec Foxes)

Capybaras are like the definition of chill.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
8HGSp4Z.jpg

F5AhKGF.jpg

Look at this adorable boy! He'd just got out of the water where he'd been playing with a ball at the zoo, then he went and chilled by this tree. How can you not want to give them belly rubs? (It might be a girl can't say that I know)

Oct 28, 2017
I love squirrels. There was outside work being done to restore insulation on the building I live in last year, and it went on throughout the entire year. Every day, sat at my home desk, I'd hear rattling outside and it'd be squirrels darting around it. I made pals with them by putting out different foods for them, and they'd come by every morning at around 8:30 and wait for food. Now the scaffold is gone and they don't come back. Kind of sad but that's life.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hedgehogs.

My nan used to have 4 cats she would feed outside each night, put down a plate of cat eat for them and they would all gather around it and eat. Then a couple of hedgehogs moved into the garden, they would walk up right besides the cats and all 6 eat gathered around the plate. Sometimes if the cats were late being fed the hedgehogs would walk up to the plates and press the sides down and up, making them bang, basically asking "Where's the food at?".

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omg those bouncy tails and squeeks! I like how the family sticks close together to look like a larger creature. Skunks are super cute but just get a bad rep :( The only ones I see here are on the road...

I would be paralyzed with fear. One jumpy Pepe Le Pew from your bike and clothes permanently stankulated

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Cheetahs are my favorite big cats. Unique look, amazing athletics, and they chirp like birds:

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a way to get close.
Cheetahs don't actually seem to be that aggressive to humans! I've seen one mild attack on a lady, and it was called off by the handler swatting its head. Otherwise they kinda laze around and hop on vehicles. I think it's the fact that they pour so much energy into hunting they don't have time for us.

Now you want to know what big cat frightens me? Mountain lions. These things do not give a fuck.

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
Grey squirrels are cute. Always amusing to chase one to a tree then walk around the trunk and see it shuffling to stay out of your sight.

Saw a fat one eating toast one afternoon years ago. Was pretty shocking.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I actually clasped a hand over my mouth.

They're so non-threatening.
IIRC they are the largest big cat species that can still meow and like others said, are pretty chil with humans compared to other species.

Lions and tigers can be really friendly in captivity but literally never turn your back on them as they can pounce on you without notice when you do.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
IIRC they are the largest big cat species that can still meow and like others said, are pretty chil with humans compared to other species.

Lions and tigers can be really friendly in captivity but literally never turn your back on them as they can pounce on you without notice when you do.
Once when I was in college our art class went to a local private zoo to draw the animals. They had a couple of tigers that we were allowed to go into their enclosure and interact with because it's a private zoo and fuck any sort of safety regulations. After a while I went to do a pencil sketch of a bird on the outskirts of the enclosure, with my back turned to the rest of the group. I vaguely heard some people screaming before I was tackled to the ground by one of the tigers. The handlers quickly came over and dragged the tiger off of me, but I was so stunned that it honesty didn't occur to me until much, much later how close I had come to being potentially mauled to death.

The tigers were totes adorbs, though.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Once when I was in college our art class went to a local private zoo to draw the animals. They had a couple of tigers that we were allowed to go into their enclosure and interact with because it's a private zoo and fuck any sort of safety regulations. After a while I went to do a pencil sketch of a bird on the outskirts of the enclosure, with my back turned to the rest of the group. I vaguely heard some people screaming before I was tackled to the ground by one of the tigers. The handlers quickly came over and dragged the tiger off of me, but I was so stunned that it honesty didn't occur to me until much, much later how close I had come to being potentially mauled to death.

The tigers were totes adorbs, though.
Fuck, glad to hear you were OK.

Part of me would absolutely love to have a big cat if I won the lottery etc and would provide it with perfect care for its needs but it's such a huge risk that it's just not worth it.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND

This conversation reminds of that one guy whose YouTube channel is him hanging out with and sleeping with Cheetahs.