• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Shoebill stork. Looks like shes studying you and knows that she knows more than you do and shes smug about it.
shoebill-signpost-1x1gyjhl.jpg

Capybara- the rat-dog combo we never knew we needed. Fun fact: the capybara mate in water. If the female rejects the male she will submerge or leave the water. They can hold their breath for 5 minutes and can even sleep in water.
be7d314e7a75bc1530d0c54ktw.jpg

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Capybara's are fucking great. They're basically giant water guinea pigs that hang out with crocs. I follow a twitter account that posts pics/videos all the time.

Opossums are super cute too.

Foxes (especially Fennec Foxes)

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone

I once read an account of someone trying to help an unconscious quokka that had me rolling. Apparently they can really fuck you up.

Edit: here is a summary I found:
Journalist Kenneth Cook learned the hard way when he tried to befriend a quokka along a dirt road. Cook noted the animal's "small, mean mouth," but decided it was probably too small to do much damage. "It was a malicious-looking beast," he wrote in his 1987 book Wombat Revenge, but he wasn't afraid. He offered the little animal a piece of apple, which the quokka spat out, and a crumb of gorgonzola cheese. The quokka popped the gorgonzola into its mouth, chewed, and then, Cook says, "fell down in a dead faint."

Convinced he'd just poisoned the creature and determined to save it, Cook zipped the quokka's body into his backpack, left a little room for air, swung the pack onto his back, and pedaled his bicycle frantically down the road to find help. After a few minutes of bumping along at breakneck speed, the quokka began to revive, and blearily climbed out of the backpack, claws first.

Afraid to turn around in case he lost control of his bike, Cook sped onward. The quokka grabbed his neck and began shrieking in his ear. The bike kept going. The shrieking quokka sank its teeth into Cook's earlobe and hung there, dead weight, like a large, furry earring. Disoriented, the journalist steered his bike off a cliff into the ocean. Surfacing, he looked around and found the quokka standing on the shore, glaring at him and snarling.

Last edited:

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If we are talking about disturbing but still strangely cute, I vote crabs.

A crab's mouth looks like two smaller crabs politely putting food into a hole.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This is apparently Australia's version of a possum? It fell through this person's ceiling.

EOrWniVVAAAFqc1
Yeah we have a lot of possums here, some as small as mice.
That's a brushtail possum, they're probably the most common and live everywhere (even inner city). They really like living in ceilings.

Yes they are super cute.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't other animals like to hang with Capybaras too? They seem chill as fuck

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Are they generally friendly? Our version of the possum is quite mean.

Though they can be somewhat cute.

opossum%20with%20young38RGB.jpg
They're more timid than anything, they're only out at night so you rarely see them. That said I pet a "wild" one before, and others have let me walk right up to them (probably hoping for treats).

Opossums are cute too, in their way. They look kinda like quolls.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
We've already got capys, axolotls and wallabies in this thread, so my work here is done.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
American Possums are mean? I picked one up when I was in high school (it got somewhere it shouldn't be).

I did hold it by its scruff, which you're apparently not supposed to do but I was also holding it from its rump too, so I wasn't applying tension to its scruff, so hopefully it was okay.

Another time, I startled one hanging out on a family member's front porch and it started making weird possum noises at me, so I shooed it away.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
American opossums aren't mean, they just hiss to try and scare you away but they're pushovers and will rarely be aggressive. They have a bad reputation mostly because a lot of people think they're ugly.