• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
No one said Speed yet. He literally says, "It's over."

EpKrB60.jpg

There's 20 more minutes after this until the credits start. This is at 92 minutes. They can just raid Dennis Hopper's place and end. Perfect length.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Cutting out the aftermath of the snap from Infinity War is such a garbage idea it makes me want to sleep.

Nov 1, 2017
The vast majority of people would just be talking about how stupid the ending was. In fact it wasn't an ending at all. It's a cliff hanger. It truly turns the film into a part 1. The ending would have become a meme, but not in a good way. People would have been making fun of how the biggest movie of the year turned into a cheap TV show cliffhanger.

You mentioned there would be audible gasps if the movie ended with a snap. There would have been boos if anything.

Good movies have a beginning, middle, and end. Your edit inexplicably cuts the ending of the film.

The movie already feels like just a part 1, no matter how Marvel or the Russos try to spin it.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I bet the fan backlash wouldn't have been as bad if the Last Jedi ended more hopefully with Luke just smiling, after distracting Kylo Ren and not seeing him die. People would be more hyped to see Luke's comeback from depression in episode IX.

I thought Luke had the best death you could give him though.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
All of you that want to cut 10 Cloverfield Lane before Michelle sees the aliens are correct.

At the very least after she sees one ship in distance and before she delivers the necessary "oh come on" line.

Oct 26, 2017
It has an ending. Your cut would make it so that it doesn't even have an ending. You made the movie worse.
Sounds better to me. This one I had to sit through minutes of people vanishing that I know are coming back. It was long and drawn out. It was only worth it to see Thanos at the end enjoying that beautiful sky.

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have always said that every Judd Apatow (spelling???) movie is about 10-20 minutes too long. Every single one.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last 30min of life die repeat. Right when he "loses his power in that crash" should cut to the last scene of the film with him in the helicopter.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
The ending of Matrix Revolutions in the Cinema I thought was going to end before Neo opened that door after he made his choice after speaking with the Architect, I think that could have also have been a Cliffhanger, like which door does he choose? As he walks towards them, boom End Credits

Matrix Revolutions - Should have ended after Neo Exploded, thats all we needed really, his Job was done.

Okay to be fair a lot should have been changed in The Matrix Sequels but still.

Nov 1, 2017
It has an ending. Your cut would make it so that it doesn't even have an ending. You made the movie worse.

The snap is essentially the ending. A montage of characters fading away is an elaboration of that ending but either way the effect is the same, we know we just lost half the Avengers.

Since the movie is "about" Thanos according to the Russos, I would argue that the real ending is the snap and then Thanos returning home. Everybody fading away is just giving you a little more information about the effects, and imo it's more than you need and isn't nearly as impactful as it wants to be.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
We just finished our rewatch of the whole Harry Potter series with my SO a couple of days ago and my answer is "however minutes long the epilogue at the train station was". Albus Severus Potter... Ugh.

I fixed it for myself by walking out of the room when the movie faded to black with Harry, Ron and Hermione standing on the bridge to Hogwarts and came back when the credits started rolling lol.
Harry Potter film 8. Cut the whole 20 years later thing. Horrible makeup, terrible names for the kids, overall just awful fan service.
I get the feeling that people don't know that this is actually the epilogue that JK Rowling put in the book.

Popcicle

Unbroken Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The alien discovery portion in Abyss, and everything afterward sank that movie for me. Was amazing up until that point.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
The entire first hour of Aquaman couldve been a lot snappier. The movie is fun once they finally get all of the nonstop exposition out of the way.

Oct 28, 2017
Return of the King "My friends, you bow to no one" and it's the greatest movie of all time for me.

Also Wall-e is a Masterwork if you stop the film right when they find the plant and leave Earth.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The film builds and could have got there without slapping the audience with an exposition speech.
Ya still kinda need the scene in the treehouse, though

I get the feeling that people don't know that this is actually the epilogue that JK Rowling put in the book.
It's still bad in the book, though. Would have been an improvement.

Sometimes its okay to deviate from the source in favor of telling a better cinematic story.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AI the last 30 minutes with the aliens and one more day with his mother. Took a bad movie into an all time awful film.

All of you that want to cut 10 Cloverfield Lane before Michelle sees the aliens are correct.

At the very least after she sees one ship in distance and before she delivers the necessary "oh come on" line.

What no, thats what made the move so good. The entire film it had you wondering if it was a or b film. Was this guy crazy or were aliens actually invading. They had fun and added choice c, both happened. It was great.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
AI the last 30 minutes with the aliens and one more day with his mother. Took a bad movie into an all time awful film.

What no, thats what made the move so good. The entire film it had you wondering if it was a or b film. Was this guy crazy or were aliens actually invading. They had fun and added choice c, both happened. It was great.

1st: in A.I. those aren't aliens.

2nd: 10 Cloverfield Lane is a nice and quiet thriller the entire movie then Michelle turns into action star right after escaping her captor taking out alien ships(or a giant flying alien) with Molotov cocktails.

The movie wasn't about her fighting the invasion. Whether they confirmed the aliens or not at the end.

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
Cutting the minutes where Leia is flying in TLJ and the whole Canto Bight scene. If you cut that, it would be a solid movie. And a decent one.

Apr 19, 2018
I love the movie, but I keep thinking how ballsy it would have been if they ended How To Train Your Dragon 2 just after.....

.... the viking funeral scene. With Toothless having killed Stoick and then taken by Drago, it would have made for a very somber finale indeed. And then with Hiccup declaring that they're going to return to Berk, it would have been one hell of an Empire Strikes Back style cliffhanger to lead into the next movie:

Barring that, I would have cut out the last minute or so of the movie. Ending the film just after Hiccup is declared the new chief still would have made for a poignant finale, and I felt we didn't quite need to see the Dragon Racing recap -- even if it meant losing the montage scenes of them rebuilding Berk and them erecting the statue in Stoick's honor. (The latter is something I felt they could have saved for part 3 anyways.)

End this at 2:24, heh:

Last edited:

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Attack of the Clones was pretty decent before that fight in the pit or whatever. The rest of the movie from there on is horrible.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
sicario 2 - one of the few films where the last 10-15 minutes ruined everything for me.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Hell no? Hell no. That ending doesn't work unless the audience realizes what has actually happened. It doesn't work without that moment with Spider-Man.

The entire movie revolves around Thanos trying to gather the infinity stones to evaporate 50% of all life. I feel like the snap and repercussions were explained.

It seems like this is a LotR where do you end part 1 question. Do we kill off Boromir at the end of the first story or the beginning of the second?

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The entire movie revolves around Thanos trying to gather the infinity stones to evaporate 50% of all life. I feel like the snap and repercussions were explained.

It seems like this is a LotR where do you end part 1 question. Do we kill off Boromir at the end of the first story or the beginning of the second?
A theoretical explanation is not the same as Tony seeing a kid turn to ash as he begs for his life. The horror of that is entirely the point.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
No, 10 Cloverfield Lane is a great example. Ending it right when she sees the UFO and says "Shit" (or whatever it was) would've been perfect. A fantastic Twilight Zone-esque ending.
That would've been a stupid and boring ending. And it's been done before.

My only complaint is the Molotov throwing scene but it's whatever.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
My only issue with Hereditary is the way they handle the exposition. I've never seen an exposition dump in the last minute of a movie. I think if they'd done just a hair more foreshadowing throughout the movie, you could still have the whole scene where he climbs up into the tree house, and just cut the lady explaining everything out.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how many minutes but cut the part of the road where the kid meets the family.

Rayman not Ray

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I really hate the ending of Arrival, and think the movie would've been better without the part where they basically explain everything, the last ten or fifteen minutes. In a movie about the power of language, let the power of cinema narrative explain the story (in other words, let people put the puzzle together themselves) instead of pushing it down their throat by explaining it as if we were idiots. Great movie otherwise though.

I agree. As soon as the reveal hit, I was in tears. And then the movie tried to ratchet up the tension, but the emotional arc is over. You care about Louise Banks and her emotional arc, not a geopolitical situation with China.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
From up on poppy hill is one of my favourite ghibli films, but those last 10-15 minutes with the twist ruin what is otherwise a fun wholesome film, only for them to go back on the twist