• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Rashomon before Kurosawa chickens out and throws in the deus ex moral reprieve baby

Source Code is the most perfect example of this.

I was about to post this! Just end it right when
everything freezes at people's happiest moments
. That would have been an interesting bittersweet ending.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The last 15ish minutes of Logan Lucky where the karate kid (2) shows up out of nowhere to seemingly set up a sequel that will probably never happen.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AI.

End it at the Blue Fairy

A.I. should have ended at the underwater fade to black.

Skip the epilogue and just roll credits for a better film.
This really should be the A.I. thread at this point.

I 100% agree with this one. First time I saw it I thought : Such a beautiful, sad ending.....only to find out it wasn't the ending a few seconds later.

Came here to say exactly this

Lol, i guess i should have read the first page before posting.

The last 15ish minutes of Logan Lucky where the karate kid (2) shows up out of nowhere to seemingly set up a sequel that will probably never happen.
Oh my god, Logan Lucky is a perfect example of a movie that went on 20 minutes longer than it should have. What the fuck was that even about?

I'm also not a big fan of the last two minutes of Baby Driver

I need to watch it again, but I think i liked everything but the very end of Suspiria 2018

Ready to fight whoever says Hereditary
The end if Hereditary is awesome

Last edited:

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
On The Last Jedi, i would have moved around the scenes that leads to Rey liftings the boulders to before the last Luke scene and end the movie with Luke fading into the force.

Would have been a much stronger ending than random kid looking at the stars (wich would have been completely cut). To me at least.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird that no one has mentioned Lincoln, which should have ended with Abe and Mary Todd walking together down the stairs to go to Ford's Theater.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I am legend would have been a pretty damn solid movie without that shitshow of an ending, of course cutting it early means no satisfactory conclusion in itself, but anything would be better than what we got. For me the movie ends when the dog dies (which is kind of fucked up to say...) but after that point what once was a pretty solid flick turns into a different far worse movie.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am legend would have been a pretty damn solid movie without that shitshow of an ending, of course cutting it early means no satisfactory conclusion in itself, but anything would be better than what we got. For me the movie ends when the dog dies (which is kind of fucked up to say...) but after that point what once was a pretty solid flick turns into a different far worse movie.

You ever read the book? The Will Smith film is top-to-bottom a trash adaptation.

Oct 25, 2017
Cut out the last minute of Big Hero 6.

Hiro finding a backup of Baymax after his sacrifice really soured me on that movie.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

and cut.

Sovan Jedi

Oct 30, 2017
Southampton, UK
Ooh, A.I. and Dark Knight Rises are good suggestions.

The animated Animal Farm is a mostly faithful adaptation of the book, with strangely enough even more gruesome events (certain characters who were only hinted at dying get actual on-screen deaths, or at least much more heavily implied murders) however, they ruined the whole thing by
having the animals form a second rushed revolution and storming in the manor to trample all the pigs to death
in the ending. If they cut all that, it'd be much better.

What was that one boring romance film that ended with the guy being in the World Trade Centre when 9/11 happened, and dying when the first plane hits? I don't know if it would have been a good movie even with that cut, but it sure as hell wouldn't have been as unfathomably insulting to the audience and filmmaking in general if it was gone and never considered.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cutting the last 90-ish minutes of Up to the end of the opening montage would make a far better film
Yep, that intro alone would have been Pixar's best short along with Geri's Game. The entire movie, though? My second less favorite one, after Cars 2. It completely ruins everything that intro achieved.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Easy, the John goodman one in a bomb shelter, reveal twist went on far too long and spoiled the movie for me.

It should have been like planet of the apes, reveal, despair, credits.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Hereditary should have just ended when
Peter jumped out the window. Completely ruined the ending.

Likewise, same thing for those that already mentioned the problems with the ending of The VVitch.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It sucks how much it drags that movie down. It is a fairly enjoyable film, but then just fucking drags with that final stretch.
100% i'd love to know what happened there because I'm pretty sure everyone who saw the film agrees with this sentiment.

Also, Seth Macfarlane's character is pointless, his entire little C-Story with the driver is so unnecessary and uninteresting.

That's two major chunks of the film centered around two extraneous characters that had no business being there.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Witch should have ended 1-2 minutes earlier, as Thomasin is walking towards the treeline. The ending shot is fucking goofy.

I dunno, I really loved that final shot. Goofy, sure, but the whole movie is goofy in theory - witches living in the woods and Satan goats and all that? It's all stuff that hasn't been legitimately scary in over a century.

That's what I dig about it, though. It's an honest, unselfconscious adaptation of colonial American horror. When you buy into it completely (which I absolutely did), that ending shot is sublime.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Cut the last 20 minutes of Lucy and it'd make it much better IMO.
Entire movie falls apart at the end.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
When I saw Spielberg's AI in theaters, a projector malfunction caused the picture to blink, then cut out entirely, during the scene where the main character is begging the blue fairy to turn him into a real boy. I still think that's a far better ending than the one in the film.

KentP

Oct 28, 2017
When I saw Spielberg's AI in theaters, a projector malfunction caused the picture to blink, then cut out entirely, during the scene where the main character is begging the blue fairy to turn him into a real boy. I still think that's a far better ending than the one in the film.
I envy you

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Harry Potter film 8. Cut the whole 20 years later thing. Horrible makeup, terrible names for the kids, overall just awful fan service.

TheGameshark

Oct 27, 2017
Catonsville, MD
For some reason I found the very end of Princess Mononoke to be incredibly unsatisfying and I say that as someone who loves 95% of that movie. The final shot of the Kodama is fine, it's the human stuff after the Forest Spirit collapses that just didn't work for me at all.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I agree with this so hard.

Wouldnt have fixed the movie as a whole, but I very clearly remember groaning in the theater when they cut back to Bruce right after and killed the scene.
Probably wanted to avoid doing the same thing he did with his previous movie Inception. Would have been the exact same "???!"

Oct 25, 2017
Cut the last portions of The League of Extraordinary Gentleman and you've got yourself a pretty damn good movie.

Last edited: