• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cut off your arm to free yourself, or risk death waiting for help that may not come?

• Cut off your primary arm to guarantee survival

Votes: 94 41.4%
  • Risk death for help that may not come

Votes: 142 62.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's say you are lost out in the wilderness, but not so far away from civilization that a rescue party wouldn't have a reasonable chance to find you.

You are lost, and your arm is stuck. You can't move. And it's the arm that you use to write.

Do you cut off your own arm in order to free yourself, or do you risk dying in any assortment of ways while waiting for help that may not come?

Make your choice and explain yourself.

I would wait for help. I don't think I'd be able to cut off my primary arm. I am right handed and can barely use my left hand to hold a fork much less manipulate a saw blade while severing my own appendage.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
slowly eat my arm until it falls off, then look for help

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I think I would probably wait until the last possible second before cutting off my own arm, because I don't want to do that and have help show up minutes later.

Dec 21, 2017
Death, easily. Living longer just isn't worth the effort and whatever speeds up the process is absolutely welcome.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd wait quite a while before resorting to cutting of my arm. Might even die before that because I doubt I have the mental fortitude or strength to actually go through with it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably wait. Otherwise you risk cutting your arm off and dying after going into shock or from blood loss before you find help anyway.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be able to cut my arm off if my life depended on it. I'm incredibly squeamish. I'd faint as soon as I'd start trying.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
op, after reading each reply:
the-pact-is-sealed-416hj02.png

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah I wouldn't be able to go through with cutting off a limb. I'd sooner figure out a way to off myself quickly.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Cant remember i write anything, i type and text pretty good with my left hand and thumb.
Not gonna die for a limb.....chop, chop.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
If you cut your own arm off you better find help QUICK or you're dead anyway lol. You would die within minutes and if someone is within a couple minutes of you after you cut your arm off and didn't help you they are just an asshole because they had to have been within earshot.

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if you're *guaranteed* survival, obviously cut off your arm. But I think I would probably bleed out. I don't know how to safely amputate my arm.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Is an arm cut off actually guaranteed survival?

I think there's some blood in there right

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not, if I cut off my own arms, then I can't cut off my friend's legs when they ask

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
I'd just die, drawing is the thing that brings me the most joy in my life and i dont think i could cope

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way I'd be able to cut off my arm, so guess that'd be it for me.