• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Hello era! I was cutting bell pepper and yeah. RIP my thumb. I hope it grows back. No I didn't go to ER.

Forgot to mention: I cleaned with hydrogen peroxide as per pharmacists recommendation and neosporin on top

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it will grow back if you don't get it put on in the ER, but that' sjust been what I've heard from a few people with similar things.. Maybe it's not the cause. Either way here's hoping for a good recovery!

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Did the same thing a lot of time ago cutting calamari. Still got the scar.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice!

Get some ice cream for yourself, keep it clean, and you will have a story to tell.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
I also cut my finger once with a really good machete for carne asada

5XhFpji.jpg

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
If it makes you feel better I did this to one of my fingers cutting a bell pepper just like you did. I couldn't remember which finger it was and can't tell just by looking at them.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
CUT MY THUMB INTO PIECES
THIS IS MY FRIDAY THREAD
LACERATION
I'M BLEEDING
HERE IS THE PIC THAT ERA IS NEEDING

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
My mom cut a big chunk of one of her fingers cooking last year as well (bigger than yours). They removed a chunk of skin/meat from her wrist and 'rebuilt' her finger with that. It looks as good as new, but she's lost a lot of sensitivity there.

That sucks, OP. Hope it works out :P

OP
OP
ameleco

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
I don't think it will grow back if you don't get it put on in the ER, but that' sjust been what I've heard from a few people with similar things.. Maybe it's not the cause. Either way here's hoping for a good recovery!
Here's the piece cut off. Mildly worried but it is what it is at this point

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
I accidentally cut my fingers every now and then since plastic modeling is hobby of mine, but nothing that serious.
That will probably grow back since it looks to be mostly skin? You will just have a divot ther for a long while.

OP
OP
ameleco

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
I accidentally cut my fingers every now and then since plastic modeling is hobby of mine, but nothing that serious.
That will probably grow back since it looks to be mostly skin? You will just have a divot ther for a long while.
Yeah the transparent part is all skin I think but I am not sure about the circular part in the very center. Could be the fat layer?

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
Had to go to ER once for cutting myself instead of whatever I was trying to cut for my 3 am snack once, it was during the weekend so I got to spend a couple of hour with the drunks that had gotten into fights that night.

Oct 28, 2017
cut mine 3 months ago
8kUePw6.jpg

luckily it completely grew back

there are better choices than perixode as disinfectant tho

Last edited: