• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently this story is a month old but it seems to be trending now.

Food and Wine said:
A user named u/KendallNeff placed a Grubhub order from a place called Pasqually's Pizza & Wings, believing that she was doing her part to support a local business. But when she received her food, she was slightly suspicious about where it really came from. "Just curious," she texted her Grubhub driver. "Was this food from Chuck E. Cheese?"

The driver, Richard, responded that when he picked the order up, the Chuck E. Cheese had the logo for the "wing restaurant" on the windows. KendallNeff's husband did a bit of investigoogling and learned that not only was Pasqually P. Pieplate the name of the fictional chef in the Chuck E. Cheese universe, the Pasqually's "restaurant" had the same street address as Chuck E. Cheese. (And, making things worse—and more confusing—there's a real West Philly pizza place called Pasqually's, one that has no affiliation with a giant cartoon rat.)

But the real answer from Chuck himself (so to speak) has more to do with the arcade-themed pizza chain branching out into the new world of delivery apps than any nefarious plot to dupe pure-hearted pizza customers. "CEC Entertainment, Inc. recently launched Pasqually's Pizza & Wings nationwide. The inspiration was rooted in the desire to create a premium pizza while staying true to the CEC brand," a Chuck E. Cheese spokesperson told Food & Wine via email. "Pasqually's Pizza & Wings, named after another favorite member of Munch's Make Believe Band, shares kitchen space with the Chuck E. Cheese restaurant, ensuring high-quality, fresh ingredients. Pasqually's Pizza & Wings' recipes use fresh, homemade pizza dough, just like Chuck E. Cheese, but it is a different pizza that features a thicker crust and extra sauce, giving consumers a more flavorful, more premium pizza experience. While Pasqually's Pizza & Wings recipes are currently only available for delivery, select items might be added to the Chuck E. Cheese menu in the future."

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I've been to a few Chuckie Cheese birthday parties with my kids and Pasqually is featured heavily in the video entertainment they have blaring from the TV screens there.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
And here I was thinking of getting Chuck e Cheese pizza straight up on door dash for a nostalgia meal. I'd probably just laugh if I ordered from an unknown pizza place and was jebaited into actually ordering chuck e cheese.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Once I got to the reveal of Pasqually's real name, Pasqually P. Pieplate, I lost it. Well played.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember, is the pizza bad or good, as a kid I felt like it was amazing, now people tell me its complete shit and always was.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I read this a few weeks ago and found it hilarious. It's mad shady and I'd be upset though.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This sounds more like the person bought from a store not realizing it was a subsidiary more than anything nefarious going on.

Dec 6, 2018
Out of curiosity, is Chuck E Cheese doing well? Thinking about my local location (if they haven't closed down yet) I find it hard to believe it would be particularly popular with young families

sonder

Banned
Mar 18, 2020
Wow this is random, but I was on grubhub this past weekend and saw a Chuck E Cheese on the list and was thinking "who the fuck is ordering GrubHub from Chucky Cheese".

Sure enough I just looked on my list and found:

Pccm0ib.jpg

No reviews written. If I goto that address on maps:

wZFNQic.jpg

lol

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like a shrewd business maneuver by ol' Charles Entertainment Cheese.

This is the Pasqually I remember from back in the post-Showbiz Pizza days:
htPnGCA.jpg

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
This sounds more like the person bought from a store not realizing it was a subsidiary more than anything nefarious going on.
For real. This article makes it sound like Chuck e cheese is trying to screw everyone over and still make some money during the pandemic when their can't open their main attractions.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Wow, seriously? I'd not heard this.

There used to be a common scam in the Orlando tourist area where someone would print out a TON of cheap pamphlets and throw them under resort doors. They'd offer pizza and drink choices and look like a legit small business in the area. Then when a foreign tourist or trusting American ordered the pizza they'd get their credit card info stolen. At best you'd get a shitty, cheap, frozen pizza in a box warmed up and at worst you'd get nothing.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
For real. This article makes it sound like Chuck e cheese is trying to screw everyone over and still make some money during the pandemic when their can't open their main attractions.
from the reddit thread:

"I work for Grubhub, it's what we call a virtual kitchen, usually used for places that want to try to have a different concept to create more income but its delivery only."

as someone who dove into chuck e. cheese lore a month ago because of reasons, i find this super hilarious

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Supporting their local restaurant but not even knowing where they are ordering from? I mean that's some poor research

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I only remember ever going to Chuck E Cheese like 4 times as a kid so I'm always surprised people remember so many details outside that TMNT Arcade game.

I think I went to just as many birthday parties at the bowling alley.

JaiRos

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
The chuck e cheese here in NYC does that as well. I noticed right away. When I looked up the address it was exactly the same

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
First off, Pasqually P. Pieplate sounds alteady like a fake name even if you didn't know.
Pieplate? lol

2ndly, in Italian. The letter Y is never used for Italian origin names. It's spelled: Pasquale

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
God their pizza is aweful. BUT, if Peter Piper did this I wouldnt have any issues. Some pretty good pizza for what you'd expect to be garbage

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I see this a bunch on UberEats too. You'll see "Hootie's Burger Bar" that has no mention of Hooter's but look up the address and it's the same place.

That one seems obvious but there's plenty more where it'll sound like some local wing spot but really it's Buffalo Wild Wings, etc.

You'll try to look up the restaurant but the only results you get are other delivery services referencing the name but no actual website or restaurant result.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
There used to be a common scam in the Orlando tourist area where someone would print out a TON of cheap pamphlets and throw them under resort doors. They'd offer pizza and drink choices and look like a legit small business in the area. Then when a foreign tourist or trusting American ordered the pizza they'd get their credit card info stolen. At best you'd get a shitty, cheap, frozen pizza in a box warmed up and at worst you'd get nothing.

Lol I was just talking to a friend at work about this earlier today. Last time we stayed down there we got bombarded with those stupid flyers.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I worked at a market research company a few years ago where we did blind pizza taste tests and Chuck E. blew away the competition for all the chains actually. I still haven't tried it in recent years, haven't been to one since I was probably 7 or 8 years old. Is the pizza good?

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I see this a bunch on UberEats too. You'll see "Hootie's Burger Bar" that has no mention of Hooter's but look up the address and it's the same place.

That one seems obvious but there's plenty more where it'll sound like some local wing spot but really it's Buffalo Wild Wings, etc.

You'll try to look up the restaurant but the only results you get are other delivery services referencing the name but no actual website or restaurant result.

I think one of the apps actually does make these distinctions where specialty names under existing properties will have the sub-header "made by <original restaurant name>"
I forgot which, though.