• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I know with all the E3 buzz going on this thread isn't nearly as fun but I need your help. My relationship with my boyfriend has been really struggling these past few weeks and tonight he suggested we go on a break.

He needs time to sort out priorities in his life and I encourage him to take the time he needs. But anyways. Now I'm looking for some games to dive into to help me get through this shit.

I have a Switch and a PS4. I'm mainly looking for either a fun game to take my mind off the relationship or one of those retrospective games such as Persona 5 or Nier: Automata. Probably will alternate between the two depending on how I feel.

Give me your hot recommendations. Thanks guys.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
What genre games do you generally enjoy ?

If you want fun, I can suggest Doom 2016 as a completely mind-numbingly fun game if you're into first person/action games.

The Uncharted franchise is on sale on PSN right now if you've never played them (or some of them), all the games are $9.99 right now each (including the PS3 remaster trilogy)

And don't worry about life, things have a way of working themselves out. You'll come out stronger on the other end :)

OP
OP
MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
What genre games do you generally enjoy ?

If you want fun, I can suggest Doom 2016 as a completely mind-numbingly fun game if you're into first person/action games.

The Uncharted franchise is on sale on PSN right now if you've never played them (or some of them), all the games are $9.99 right now each (including the PS3 remaster trilogy)

And don't worry about life, things have a way of working themselves out. You'll come out stronger on the other end :)

My favorite series of all time is Kingdom Hearts. But I honestly enjoy any genre that isn't a simulation sports game, 2D metoridvania, is a strategy game. I'm thinking of diving back into Stardew Valley.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Play Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
Fast responsive gameplay, great boss battles, jammin music,

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My favorite series of all time is Kingdom Hearts. But I honestly enjoy any genre that isn't a simulation sports game, 2D metoridvania, is a strategy game. I'm thinking of diving back into Stardew Valley.
Your tastes (and favorite series) align with mine. Have you played Final Fantasy games? I assume so, but beyond that, also give Persona a shot. P5 was my first one and it's such a timesink that it seems absolutely perfect for getting your mind off of things. I would also suggest some fun VNs like Danganronpa or the Nonary Games.

dc3k

Feb 10, 2018
not america
I just started Metro 2033 via the Discord Nitro thing. Pretty fun so far if you want some SP shooting with a (so far) cool story.

edit; I'm dumb and didn't notice the PS4/Switch part. Ignore me.

OP
OP
MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Your tastes (and favorite series) align with mine. Have you played Final Fantasy games? I assume so, but beyond that, also give Persona a shot. P5 was my first one and it's such a timesink that it seems absolutely perfect for getting your mind off of things. I would also suggest some fun VNs like Danganronpa or the Nonary Games.

I played Final Fantasy 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, and 15. I never ended up beating 12 because I think I moved and just forgot what happend. Persona 4 and 5 are some of my favorite games. I never played Danganronpa or Nonary Games though. I'll check those out.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Its hard without knowing what you already own. For an off beat recommendation Little Dragons cafe is super chill and the sort of game that passes time whilst having a cute personality that will make you smile.

The gameplay loop is a little repetitive mind.

I'm guessing you have already beaten BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Mario Rabbids, Tropical Freeze, Yoshis crafted world, Captain Toad, Celeste, Hollow knight.

If not one of those games.

OP
OP
MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Its hard without knowing what you already own. For an off beat recommendation Little Dragons cafe is super chill and the sort of game that passes time whilst having a cute personality that will make you smile.

The gameplay loop is a little repetitive mind.

I'm guessing you have already beaten BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Mario Rabbids, Tropical Freeze, Yoshis crafted world, Captain Toad, Celeste, Hollow knight.

If not one of those games.

Never played Yoshi or Celeste. Really disliked Hollow Knight (I'm sorry)

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I played Final Fantasy 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, and 15. I never ended up beating 12 because I think I moved and just forgot what happend. Persona 4 and 5 are some of my favorite games. I never played Danganronpa or Nonary Games though. I'll check those out.
I would say the Trails of Cold Steel games, since you enjoyed Persona 4 and 5. As someone who followed them since the original DS release of 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, I would personally say that the Zero Escape series peaked with the first game, having wished that it hadn't gotten a direct sequel with Virtue's Last Reward, with Zero Time Dilemma going on to make both of those worse retroactively.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I remember your other thread. It's none of my business really but is one reason for the break because he finds you too clingy?
I would play a game that promotes independent thinking and self-reliance.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Hey OP, if you like detective adventure games, maybe check out Daedalus: The Awakening of Golden Jazz? It's a reboot of the Jake Hunter series (Detective Jinguji in Japan), and it's only $40!

I'm going through a break right now myself, and I'm finding it a good game to play for me.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Never played Yoshi or Celeste. Really disliked Hollow Knight (I'm sorry)
Yoshi is a really good fun little platformer. Celeste is a stressful but incredible platformer with quite an uplifting story. In fact the story of Celeste might be exactly what you need in your current situation. From the Kotaku review
"Celeste tells the story of Madeline, a young woman on a journey to climb the titular mountain. Madeline is in a funk: anxious, unsure, and struggling with depression. The mountain is more than just a giant rock. Climbing it is an achievement Madeline desperately needs. It's a grueling task, but one filled with purpose."

OP
OP
MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I remember your other thread. It's none of my business really but is one reason for the break because he finds you too clingy?
I would play a game that promotes independent thinking and self-reliance.

Sort of. He just needed alone time and the more he pushed away the more lonely I felt. He didn't get a promotion at work he was working for 4 years towards and there's just a lot more behind the scenes. But I would prefer to not get off topic on the gaming side.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
The game that helped me get through a break up a few years ago back in 2013 was Zelda: A Link between Worlds. It had the perfect flow to keep me fully in escapism mode. I guess, to name a more modern game, Zelda BotW should also work.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sort of. He just needed alone time and the more he pushed away the more lonely I felt. He didn't get a promotion at work he was working for 4 years towards and there's just a lot more behind the scenes. But I would prefer to not get off topic on the gaming side.
I would play Watch_Dogs 1 and/or 2 if you haven't played them yet. Fun gameplay with a lot of experimentation

OP
OP
MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I would play Watch_Dogs 1 and/or 2 if you haven't played them yet. Fun gameplay with a lot of experimentation

I'm actually playing through Watch Dogs 2 right now. I honestly liked the first one better. 2 is definitely the better game overall but I grew up in Chicago so I really loved exploring that world.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're favorite series is KH? You are cultured then.

If you like Persona then try out Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and its side story, Hacker's Memory. Not only is it targeted at a mature audience, it also satisfies your Pokemon needs.