• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen a rebooted series rise above its predecessor in every way. This show is great.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Now I want another DuckTales 2D platformer from the Mega Man team.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this is the coolest videogame reference since the Boom Comics referenced the Chip n Dale Nes game.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The music pops up several times throughout the episode too. They went all in on calling back to it and it's great.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
There were also some sweet orchestral renditions of the Moon theme in this episode above and beyond Della's sweet lullaby homage...

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Things like this make me sad I have fallen behind on the reboot. What I saw was highly enjoyable.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Disagree. Animation is a lot worse in the new one.

Handdrawn > computer generated

Yeah, but the original Ducktales show had better animation because Disney didn't know how to budget a animated tv show. The animation in every other show from the Disney Afternoon looks worse for a reason.

Also, I just like the art style of the reboot better *shrug*

timrtabor123

Feb 11, 2019
In hindsight, it almost seems like the video game might've been the second biggest thing to happen to that franchise outside of the comics being big in Europe. It sorta kept the series in people's head when Disney botched the DVD and other re-releases in the mid to late two thousands.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but the original Ducktales show had better animation because Disney didn't know how to budget a animated tv show. The animation in every other show from the Disney Afternoon looks worse for a reason.

Also, I just like the art style of the reboot better *shrug*
maxresdefault.jpg

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why I was expecting her to just do whistles and bahs Smooth McGroove style...

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
It was already referenced in the first season's last episode though.

Nearly every episode of this show is full of little nods and easter-eggs, it's great.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I would have put a spoiler warning in the title but ok xD

Awesome =D
This series just keep getting better at each moment

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
They referenced it in last year's season finale

It's cool they're going all out with it.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know why I was expecting her to just do whistles and bahs Smooth McGroove style...

Thanks for saving me the effort of posting it on mobile. His work is amazing and this is one of the best that he has done(not to mention the great source material). I bought all of his albums just to support.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome! The producers of this show have very good taste.

Oct 29, 2017
There aren't enough references in media to classic theme songs for non comedic reasons. Callbacks like that can be pretty dramatic. This is like a modern DC film playing the John Williams' Superman theme out of the blue.