• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
That was a fantastic episode.

Curious to see how much actual asshole Vince Vaughn is played as an asshole Vince Vaughn next week.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Fantastic episode, excellent finale with Danson, everyone was great in this one.

Edit--- it's the longest joke that Larry gets blamed because people don't like him.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
"You don't have an extra toothbrush?"
"No."
"You... won't mind if I have a look around..."

LOL

Great ep.

Orbulon

Nov 1, 2017
France
The way Larry changed Susie's opinion of Donna was hilarious, as was the height guesser.
This season is pretty fun but I still have a soft spot for early Curb. Some of these episodes manage to be even more outlandish than the later seasons of Seinfeld.

Oct 25, 2017
The way Larry changed Susie's opinion of Donna was hilarious, as was the height guesser.
This season is pretty fun but I still have a soft spot for early Curb. Some of these episodes manage to be even more outlandish than the later seasons of Seinfeld.

I'm Jewish and know other Jews who completely change opinion of someone when they find out they are a fellow Jew lol

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me this season has been all amazing episodes so far, big step up from last season. With LD being 72 and these taking so long to make, I don't know how many more we get, if any

I just treat every season like the last, been that way for 3 seasons now with me and I just try to appreciate the season as its happening and thinking this is probably it. I hope he does this into his 80's but whenever the ride ends I'll be grateful for how incredible it's been.

Jerrod

Dec 24, 2017
The weight guessing guy was great, that whole scene made me laugh so hard. Love this show.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
One of the most enjoyable episodes of Curb I've seen. Everything was gold!

"Am I yo-ing up or yo-ing down?"
"I don't know, but you're definitely yo-ing"

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Larry spinning everyone around while the weight guesser took notes was fucking hilarious.

Last edited:

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
this was one of my favorite episodes in a long time. Donna saying "you think I'm yo-ing up don't you?" had me rolling.

my question. Susie's reaction to Donna's last name. Is it Jewish or not?

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Oh man, that was my favorite episode of the season so far. I was initially rolling my eyes at Larry getting blamed for the fight Ted started (doesn't feel like the first time something like that has happened on the show), but them tying that back into the whole 'not saying something bad about Mickey' gag was really well done I felt. Also Larry getting everyone's weight in the most Larry way possible without messing up was pretty fun. So many good moments and enjoyed Timothy Olyphant as a guest in this one. Definitely an episode I'll be rewatching.

brassica

Oct 26, 2017
France
I was on a plane a few months ago and they had some episodes of this show on board from last season (Fatwa).
I was laughing so much the steward came twice to tell me to lower my voice.
When I went back home I started watching the whole show, and now I am just in time for a new season.
It really is funny, and I was surprised when I heard about the dialogues being improvised by the cast.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Larry's line read for 'You're definitely yo-ing' was very Michael Richards.

No Lewis this week which is a shame.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I think they start with an idea of how the scene is going to end, and they improvise part of the journey to get there. It works great I think, gives more natural reactions.
Yeah, this is pretty much what Prime Video trivia said when I was catching up on the series. A rough outline to the episode and the actors improv a good part of it.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I got the Curb Your Enthusiasm book for cheap from a book sale in university awhile ago. I remember it having an actual snippet of the script that showed how they planned out a scene. I think I still have the book so I should dig it out and take a screenshot, that was one of the more interesting things in it. Each scene has a rough outline and often specific jokes that they want to try and hit.

I wasn't fully on board with the season so far but I loved the last episode.

Oct 30, 2017
episode 4 a legit all-time classic IMO.

season 9 generally really lacked what i love most about curb, which is the intricate writing where everything that happens in a single episode is directly relevant to a ridiculous conclusion, and this ep totally delivered on that.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
My wife and I stopped watching Curb s9 when it was airing back in 2017. The tone just wasn't right for her at the time and I didn't continue watching without her since it's a show we'd watched together. She recently told me I should just go ahead and watch it as she wasn't feeling the inspiration and knew a new season was back. I finally jumped back in the other night and oh my god, what a season it was.. I have just the finale left and have basically loved every minute of what I've seen (I re-watched 9x3 and have gone from there). Looking forward to getting caught up soon.

T-Money

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the new episode was vintage Curb. This season has been fantastic so far. Much better than the last.

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favourite episodes maybe ever. Found myself laughing at the smallest things and it only got better as it went along. I wonder if the different environment inspired them a bit.

This is a bit obvious, but:

Ted begins to suspect something is going on. Finds the green cloth and wonders where it came from. Sees Larry cleaning his glasses with similar cloth, nails him.
Got em!

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Replacing Bob Einstein with Vince Vaughn is a choice, as is Vince not playing himself.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Oh man, the conceit for the next episode. Surprised LD hasn't gone there yet.

Fred Armisen next week as well.