• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Hey, if anyone has questions, I'll answer them if I can.
MC_RUN2.gif
Just to say, i was actually expecting something Cuphead related at this E3. Great work! love Ms.Chalice already!

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Now that gets me excited! Hopefully they'll finally release the game physically with the dlc this time.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Yeah, I was replying when that thread got locked, ha ha.

Yes, once we knew we were doing DLC, we decided to wait on the physical version to get the whole thing all on disc with all the patches and content and fixes and languages and everything. We haven't fully planned it out yet, but I would like to do sort of a "celebration of Cuphead" with the physical release. More than just a case and disc.

What type of stuff would you like to see included with a physical release?

Thank you!

And as for PC physical...that I'm not sure about. Maybe in limited run? What would be best to put the PC game on? USB drive? Bluray?
Yes!!!!
Dude, when I seen the phys box in stores I thought it was already on disc and grabbed right away! But teller told me it was just a code:(

But I would LOVE a fully color manual. I know that costs but maybe a few pages? Couple of inserts. I love this game. Thanks

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Is it going to be harder than the end of the base game? Can it be accessed early in a playthrough?

Haven't locked it down just yet, but at the moment (and this could change!), the new island is accessible once you reach the second island. We'll probably have some "Full Edition" when the DLC releases, for people that never bought Cuphead in the first place and want to get the whole package. We don't really want them accessing the DLC stuff without getting a good grip on the game first because the new stuff will be....probably around as tough as Isle 2 and 3 (which we basically made about equally tough in the original game). I kinda want to squeeze some insano secret challenge in there somewhere too, but we'll see if time permits.

Oh, and there will, of course, be Expert mode for all the new bosses as well, for those that want an extra challenge.

um I own the trademark on Delicious™ so I'm gonna need some royalties plz

You wouldn't believe the multi-day drag out fights that went on trying name this DLC.

How big is it compared to the main game? Just one ~world~?

Yeah, it's one island. All killer, no filler.

We could do 3 more islands and release in 2021 if you like!

Can you please add an easy mode for me haha

I'm kidding.

I'm not really.

So, nothing's on final tuning yet, but Ms. Chalice gives substantially more movement options than Cuphead and Mugman. Double jump, anyone?

Any new Cheevos with this new DLC? Any new tunes?

Probably and yes.

mugman_tiles-studiomdhr.gif

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
MC_RUN2.gif

I know you heard this alot already, but I wanted to congratulate you guys on one of the best games we got last year. Definitely so much work was put into the game and the work paid off with an amazing experience, so thank you for Cuphead.

As for the question, I don't want to assume that DLC was planned for Cuphead, right? Was this extra content that wasn't able to make the full game? Or as Cuphead was ready to launch, there were indeed plans to have an additional Island with a wide range of bosses?

Either way, can't wait to dive back into Cuphead and hope we get to see a few small previews beforehand. ^__^

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah, seriously hope we'll be getting more shoptimus prime- - this game singlehandedly got me into barberhsop quartet lmao

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Awesome stuff. I got a lot out of the base game already, so a new, better-designed isle should complete the package. I figured Chalice would become a playable character at some point given the strength of her design.
Can an Intel HD6000 run Cuphead? I've been meaning to buy the game but don't have a "gaming" PC or an Xbox. Maybe I'll wait until a version is out with all the DLC. Can you comment on something like that coming in the future?

Thanks
It runs at 60 on my Intel 4000 HD. The game runs fairly well on newer toasters, at least in my experience.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Looks sweet!

I bough the game using Twitch and it's added to my Twitch desktop application. Will the DLC be available there at all, if anyone knows?

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping for Cuphead 2, but this is cool too. One new island doesn't sound huge, though. I guess it'll be like one new area in the base game.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
I was sceptical about cuphead dlc, simply because it took them so long to make the base game. A 2019 date sounds reasonable enough.

Can't wait to double my death count!

Javi

Jun 2, 2018
Texas
THIS IS SUCH AN ADORABLE LOOKING GAME! I can't wait to play it. I guess its time to upgrade my gpu this coming Christmas!

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Awesome news. Loved Cuphead and have rarely felt as accomplished as I felt beating that game.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
MC_RUN2.gif

Are Mac and Linux ports still in the cards or is that completely out of the question now?

I know the possibility was stated on GAF the year before release but since then there seems to have been no mention of it ever again.

EDIT: so I guess there's a contractual obligation to never talk about it huh

Last edited:

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
That is too adorable. Will definitely be picking this up. Still need to A+/S everything in the base game though...

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
MC_RUN2.gif

This has been a concern ive had and a few others have brought up. Would you ever consider giving existing bosses/enemies easier to read attacks in the future?

I got a few that come to mind. The ship's death laser attack has no animation indicating its a gigantic laser. Or the queen bee not indicating when she drops down the middle of the screen. She only indicates when shes dropping from the left or right.

It feels inconsistent to have these beginners traps in an otherwise fair game.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
Oh, and there will, of course, be Expert mode for all the new bosses as well, for those that want an extra challenge.

Thank you for participating with the community. Cuphead is amazing, and I preordered it instantly to supports its direction. It is an awesome game. I just have to say, I really think this game with its art style has the potential to be a massive 2d platformer. A game really similar to Super Mario Bros 3. I feel with its art direction, and platforming games seeing some sort of revival make it a fit for this franchise. I just think the game needs something more than just a boss rush. A world, levels to jump around in, different enemies to beat in different ways, a platforming game to reach the end of the level, secrets, in the vein of old school, might make a traditional platformer standout with your wonderful art style and capture everyone who enjoys platforming (most) and make it a must own to fill that thirst. For example, you did see streamers who love platformers play your game because it captured them (SpikeVegeta, TheMexicanRunner, etc.). I think a platforming different world Cuphead game would be amazing.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
So gosh-darned excited for this! Ms. Chalice looks amazing <3

Still got stuff to do in the main game, so 2019 is perfect. And what a great trailer! Love the humour and expression in every facet of this game. Looking forward to new tunes as well, soundtrack was the bomb

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
MC_RUN2.gif

You hid this from me! I thought we were tight

Seriously, Cuphead DLC is awesome news. I thought it impossible due to the potential workload. Glad I was wrong. A couple questions:

A. Was this always planned (Chalice as a playable character eventually)?

B. Is there, hypothetically still a chance at a hardcover artbook spanning art from the game and this chapter~?

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Pretty sure this said 'exclusive' as they showed it.

But thank morp it really isn't. I'm excited, I loved cup head last year.

Birdo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game coming to other consoles? I saw Console Launch Exclusive at Microsoft's E3.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Thank you for participating with the community. Cuphead is amazing, and I preordered it instantly to supports its direction. It is an awesome game. I just have to say, I really think this game with its art style has the potential to be a massive 2d platformer. A game really similar to Super Mario Bros 3. I feel with its art direction, and platforming games seeing some sort of revival make it a fit for this franchise. I just think the game needs something more than just a boss rush. A world, levels to jump around in, different enemies to beat in different ways, a platforming game to reach the end of the level, secrets, in the vein of old school, might make a traditional platformer standout with your wonderful art style and capture everyone who enjoys platforming (most) and make it a must own to fill that thirst. For example, you did see streamers who love platformers play your game because it captured them (SpikeVegeta, TheMexicanRunner, etc.). I think a platforming different world Cuphead game would be amazing.
I really disagree. While I enjoyed the platforming levels in Cuphead, they were satisfying in the way the spaces between bosses were in Alien Soldier -- well designed intermissions to cleanse your palate just enough before diving back into the boss rush. Cuphead doesn't need to become something that it's not. Plus, platformers are an evergreen genre and they're still a dime a dozen. Run 'n guns are unfortunately underrepresented these days.