• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What if Jesus was actually like multiple skin pigmentations depending on the perspective of who is viewing him? Maybe sometimes he had like a colour out of space thing going on and people weren't really sure because it was some colour that they've never seen and couldn't put a name on. Maybe viewers were allowed to see greater wavelengths of colour and some people saw him as like infrared or ultraviolet. Maybe some got freaked out by sudden visions of Jesus in inverted colour. Like film that got one frame spliced in.
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fefa96c0a-63c8-11ea-8024-40a080f12cd1.jpg

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
How the fuck do people fall for this bullshit
If you want a podcast to listen to about stuff like this I'd recommend "Let's talk about Sects". It does a good job going through cults like the ones in the OP. They all do the same shit. Cults target vulnerable people, isolate them from everyone they know and love, and then start trying to control their lives further from there.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
80% of people have never read the bible fully, or just listen to their racist white Paster skip over the verse in which Jesus is describe, Bronze Skin, and Hair of wool, dumb fuckers...

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You'd think Jesus would know by now a way not to get arrested.

Last edited:

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
My first lesson for Year 9s on the difference between a cult and a religion starts with the video on him and a worksheet, before discussing what they think might be the difference.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
Thank God.

Watched this crazy dude being interviewed as part of a BBC documentary filmed in Russia with Simon Reeve and he often requested and spent time alone with the villagers young teenage daughters "teaching them" apparently.

The weird thing was the parents said they were happy for it to happen 😔

Oct 31, 2017
Thank God.

Watched this crazy dude being interviewed as part of a BBC documentary filmed in Russia with Simon Reeve and he often requested and spent time alone with the villagers young teenage daughters "teaching them" apparently.

The weird thing was the parents said they were happy for it to happen 😔

I remember that documentary. I was surprised that the cult allowed the BBC in to film given how obviously sinister and rapey they were.

Apzu

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Sorry, he's just a fake. Brazil is the country with the real Jesus reincarnation.

Edit: dammit the only english source I had found was daily mail. I'll find another one
An old AFP video will have to do for a quicker glance at the madness

This one is a bit more recent:
www.nationalgeographic.com

This Man Claims He Is Jesus Christ Reincarnated

A self-proclaimed Messiah in Brazil casts his net for disciples on social media.

Exactly

Last edited:

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Netflix cancelled Messiah season 2.

No they recast with a white lead to get the viewership numbers up. I'm going to rework a quote from the much lauded Ridley Scott:

"Netflix can't mount a series of this budget, where they have to rely on tax rebates in Jordan, and say that their lead actor is Mehdi so-and-so from such-and-such. They just will struggle to get it financed past the first season."

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
What if Jesus was actually like multiple skin pigmentations depending on the perspective of who is viewing him? Maybe sometimes he had like a colour out of space thing going on and people weren't really sure because it was some colour that they've never seen and couldn't put a name on. Maybe viewers were allowed to see greater wavelengths of colour and some people saw him as like infrared or ultraviolet. Maybe some got freaked out by sudden visions of Jesus in inverted colour. Like film that got one frame spliced in.
Isn't that the Vorlon's whole deal in Babylon 5?
Don't they - sans suit - appear as an angel-like creature of a different species, depending on the beholder?

Oct 28, 2017
Oh it's that guy.

Wonder why they decided to arrest him now, he's been around for decades

If you want a podcast to listen to about stuff like this I'd recommend "Let's talk about Sects". It does a good job going through cults like the ones in the OP. They all do the same shit. Cults target vulnerable people, isolate them from everyone they know and love, and then start trying to control their lives further from there.

Also in this case the guy started his cult right when the Soviet Union collapsed. Probably the perfect chance to find a lot of desperate people looking for somebody to give them direction in their new reality

Last edited:

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vissarion! I literally was just hearing about this cult on a podcast.
You guys would be surprised on how many people claim to be Jesus or some other deity. Cults are very, very common. Specially in times like this