• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Got a positive email from GOG this morning (they liked the game!) so it looks like Cthulhu Saves Christmas will most likely be coming to GOG sometime soon after the Steam launch.

bstiernberg

Oct 30, 2017
bstiernberg did you happen to take programming point on this one? Did this evolve out of your earlier programming tests?
Nah this game was built on the existing Cosmic Star Heroine codebase (obviously the game itself is very different though), so Robert did all the code on this, I did the art/assets, so our usual code-art arrangement, hah. Josh Queen did the music/sfx and the game sounds incredible!

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
So uh, I know if you were gonna said you'd have already said by now, but before I book myself up with Steam/Epic sale games for the holidays, any chance we can get a date on this?

Releasing on December 23rd on Steam

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Just got final approval from Steam.

The game will come out on Monday, December 23rd on Steam. Be sure to wishlist it:
store.steampowered.com

Cthulhu Saves Christmas on Steam

Eldritch horror saves Christmas for fun & profit in this fast-paced turn-based JRPG comedy.

We're also working on a GOG version, but I don't know if it'll be ready on the same day.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Great news! Wishlisted and will be purchased first-thing Monday morning.

EDIT: Hey werezompire , the Steam page is currently showing that CSC will be available on Tuesday the 24th, not Monday the 23rd.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bill said I can give impressions here, just to say my buddy and I just downloaded it and are gonna give it a playthrough tonight. Honestly can't wait, I loved CSH so much. I'll give some impressions when I'm done!

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

The game will come out on Monday, December 23rd on Steam. Be sure to wishlist it:
store.steampowered.com

Eldritch horror saves Christmas for fun & profit in this fast-paced turn-based JRPG comedy.

We're also working on a GOG version, but I don't know if it'll be ready on the same day.
Offtopic but I think this mighr be the one of the first games allowed to launch during Christmas sales?

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019

store.steampowered.com

Damn this is great news. I loved Chtlhu Saves the World and was really not expecting something else. Will definitely get it.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Going to start sending out review codes. No embargo.

Also, the stuff with GOG is going well, so it might come out at the same time there.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Alright, well I guess I'm keeping it tight with the Steam/EGS sales and saving some time for this

Lord Radik

Dec 3, 2018
Haven't been disappointed with a Zeboyd game yet. Added it to my wishlist. I think Breath of Death 7 needs a Easter prequel too!

Noogy

Soloist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
I finished Cthulhu Saves Christmas last night and absolutely adored it! CSTW remained my favorite Zeboyd title (until now) and it was just such a great feeling taking control of Cthulhu once again. Loved the world, the music, and especially all of the town stuff. Well done Robert and Bill!

ElOdyssey

Oct 30, 2017
How am I just hearing about this!!?!? CSTW was so much fun. Cant wait to play as Cthulhu again and likely laugh my ass off.