• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
How many people actually work on cs:go? cause making a BR mode needs manpower and there's 1 thing Valve lacks...

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Valve was the one member of the TGA advisory board I didn't expect to bring a single thing to the event. Guess I might have been wrong.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
BR mode in CS:GO is a quick way to get me back into the game but is it even possible on that engine? I'm still waiting for just a new CS with a new engine.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What are the chances this could be VR-related (e.g. Pavlov) given the recent leaks of steam VR?

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously doubt Valve will announce a CSGO update at the VGAs. They probably were planning on shipping the update on Wednesday but it got delayed a day.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Announcing a new BR operation at TGA suddenly makes sense since Keighley has had a good relationship with Valve.
Noclip just posted this little teaser yesterday for their upcoming Half-Life doc.

I don't think BR fits the CS gameplay very well. CS is all about teamplay and learning the same 7 maps in a 5v5 setting but I'd still give it a shot just to see how they are trying to make it work.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Derogatory Language
Nah, they're just retarded. Everything looked like an update last night, the blog even went offline for a bit - but they delayed it last second.

This isn't a TGA tease lol

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think BR fits the CS gameplay very well. CS is all about teamplay and learning the same 7 maps in a 5v5 setting but I'd still give it a shot just to see how they are trying to make it work.

Valve made a full 6 player hoard mode for Team Fortress 2 about half a decade ago and that was pretty great. Given the small size of the company its it's probably easier to make a new game mode for an existing game than an entirely new game in some cases.

You can envision a great battle royale map with classic CS maps like Office, Dust2, Train, etc spread across it. Just like what Treyarch has done with Blackout. Coupled with CS guns and mechanics, this would hypothetically be pretty boss. That said, Valve has a very conservative approach. I could see them worrying about splitting their playerbase which makes me think that this won't happen. I really hope that it does however. Valve has shown some recent signs of ramping up again so I hope this is part of that plan.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I kinda doubt we'll see anything during TGA. That seemed more like a case of Valvetime
"Oh shit we aren't ready to release the update tonight(Wednesday), let's just do it tomorrow". I'd love to be wrong though.

FreDre

Apr 10, 2018
Argentina
Eh, I kinda doubt we'll see anything during TGA. That seemed more like a case of Valvetime
"Oh shit we aren't ready to release the update tonight(Wednesday), let's just do it tomorrow". I'd love to be wrong though.

Geoff Keighley has a long relationship with Valve (pretty much since HL1 production), I won't be surprised at all if they show up & announce a bunch of new stuff.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland

Yeah most likely. Still would be nice if they'd announce it at TGA.

So now I'll be able to repeatedly get called a f****t n****r in the new BR mode?
"voice_enable 0" is the first thing you have to do in casual game modes.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
They release their patches/operations before TGA is due to start so I doubt it. Pretty sure they just found something last minute that needed a quick fix. Or they're taking the piss.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Geoff Keighley has a long relationship with Valve (pretty much since HL1 production), I won't be surprised at all if they show up & announce a bunch of new stuff.
I know, but Valve rarely announces actually new stuff like that at game conventions. I think the last time they did it was Portal 2 on PS3. They announced the port there, not the game.
It's not on console right ? So it might be just that.
Eh, CS:GO's monetization depends a little too much on the marketplace. Unless they can implement the Steam Market on consoles(and even if they did, without the console makers getting a cut), I doubt we'll see current CS:GO anywhere but PC.
They are going to livestream it via Steam, so the odds are very likely.

TGA had been streamed through Steam since the first one.

FreDre

Apr 10, 2018
Argentina
Didn't they do the same last year alongside with a TGA sale?

Yes, but I'm betting this time is different;
Noclip documentary launching tomorrow about HL1 (it was delayed because they said in Youtube comments that they were waiting something to come up in the upcoming week, can't find the comment tough) , CS team teasing update, VR stuff leaked some weeks ago & statements made at the beginning of the year about them making games again.

I don't know if they will announce every stuff they have in their arsenal tonight, but they have a lot of competition showing up (Microsoft specially, they are gearing up BIG time), so they better get started showing new stuff.

Being coy isn't going to cut it anymore.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
I was trying to think of a way for a CSGO BR to work.. It could be a bunch of interconnected maps, or something else i thought of : Vertical BR. Rather than the play area shrinking horizontally, the match could take place in a tower and certain floors will become "out of the play zone".

I think i just invented a game.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I was trying to think of a way for a CSGO BR to work.. It could be a bunch of interconnected maps, or something else i thought of : Vertical BR. Rather than the play area shrinking horizontally, the match could take place in a tower and certain floors will become "out of the play zone".

I think i just invented a game.

I'm imagining CS_office, but multiple stories..hmm..

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if this is coming to Switch? I mean, Fortnite's doing amazing numbers, right?

giphy.webp

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
There's an update that was supposed to release yesterday but got delayed to today. That's probably what the tweet is referring to.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is almost certainly a new operation (and probably a rework of Nuke). Maybe with some holiday themed items (chickens) and cases. The fact that it is happening today is just a coincidence. It was supposed to happen yesterday but got pushed back for some reason.

You guys are hyping yourself up for something that will be of zero interest to people that dont already play CSGO. Its not a BR mode. Its not a switch version. Not CSGO 2 either lol.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
A Valve made BR using Source/Source 2 with CS weapons and mechanics is pretty much my dream game.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
This is almost certainly a new operation (and probably a rework of Nuke). Maybe with some holiday themed items (chickens) and cases. The fact that it is happening today is just a coincidence. It was supposed to happen yesterday but got pushed back for some reason.

You guys are hyping yourself up for something that will be of zero interest to people that dont already play CSGO. Its not a BR mode. Its not a switch version. Not CSGO 2 either lol.

They aren't reworking Nuke again so soon. It's in a good place now. If any map is getting an imminent rework it'll be Mirage because of how insanely dated it looks compared to the other maps at this point.

Or Train. Because Train sucks.