• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
nintendoeverything.com

Crytek's free-to-play online first-person shooter Warface gets surprise release on Switch

Warface, a free-to-play online first-person shooter from Crytek, has released today on the Switch eShop. It’s out now in Australia and is expected to roll out globally within the next day. Here’s an overview of Warface: Warface is an online first-person shooter like no other. Battle across 50+...

Edit: In Australia at least, no sign on the Canadian eShop for me at least.

###

Huh.

This also marks only the second ever Cry Engine game released on a Nintendo console after *checks notes*... Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.... hope the results are better this time! :P

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Releases in other regions tomorrow.

720p/30fps docked/540p undocked
Gyro controls
Voice chat
NSO not required

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Releases in other regions tomorrow.

720p/30fps docked/540p undocked
Gyro controls
Voice chat
NSO not required

sometimes I think you just enter this forum to laugh at us.

tenor.png

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Crytek isn't dead yet?

Also amazing that on the FPS front we'll have:
Metro Redux
Call of Juarez
Warface
Bioshock Collection

All on Switch before any COD.

EDIT: ... also Doom and Wolfenstein lol

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who has played the game, how is it? All I know of it is the terrible name.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
Is this another Warframe situation when it comes to consensus where the game got good after launch? I see the game didn't review very well when it launched.

Oct 27, 2017
Excuse the pedantry but this game has nothing to do with Crytek any more. I believe they sold it a few years ago when they hit financial difficulty.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
I think I tried it on the PS4 some years ago.

Can't remember anywhint about it so I don't know if it's good or not.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
Runs smoothly in handheld. Feels smoother than Overwatch even tho both are 30fps? 540P makes things a little hard to see at a distance but overall pretty solid

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Remember playing this when it first released(PC) it was buggy, can't remember anything other than that..

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Huh. I had no idea this game originally came from Crytek. The name always made me assume it was like one of those mobile knockoff type games. Best known as the game I'd see free rewards for on Twitch Prime and my heart would skip a beat until I realized it wasn't Warframe.

But cool, the more the merrier.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Theres a lot to Warface. Theres the typical MP modes, but there are also story based co-OP missions and all sorts of stuff. It's nice for a free package. I wish the monetization was better but overall it's a neat diversion.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Warface? Warface. WARFACE!

www.rockpapershotgun.com

Warface? Warface!

Warface, Warface Warface Warface. Warface? War...face. Warface Warface Warface. Warface! Warface, War, Face, War, Face.…

In seriousness, I guess it's good that the Switch is getting more shooters, but I can't see a ton of people jumping on this one most of a decade after it released...?

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Never heard of this game, as I would remember such name which seems straight out of a dudebro generator.
Is it supposed to be one of these games not supposed to run on switch?

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I saw all the hype and thought my Switch was broken that I couldn't find it 😅 (Canadian eShop too)

I'll give it a go, maybe if I at least jump in this while the community is mostly new I might stand a half decent chance.

MattBrB

Jul 17, 2019

Framerate seems capped at 40 with slowdowns to mid/low 30s. Quite a strange decision tbh.
Graphically speaking it also appears to be a bit better than the Xbox 360 version, expecially regarding AA and textures. Even if I'm not sure regarding shadow quality, it looks like a blurry mess most of the time.

Last edited: