• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was just an April Fools joke from Crytek

If a remaster is happening, I want it

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
The release of Crysis was one of the best "self" birthday gifts ever, not to mention it released on my 16th birthday,ahhh good times, 2007 was a blast.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Ill give you 2 and 3 but Crysis 1 was groundbreaking in a ton of way unrelated to graphics
Yeah, the first game was fantastic, especially for when it came out, and Warhead was amazing too. 2 dropped the ball and then 3 struggled to get things back up and running, which tainted people's overall impressions.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I always liked the original design of the Nanosuit from Crysis 1 over the overly buff design from Crysis 2 and beyond. Never quite understood why that change was made?

I would love for their to be a true remaster on the latest Cryengine though. Would also be great if it were easily modable too!
In part because Crytek hired Peter Watts to not only write Crysis 2 but to outline the exact science behind the Nanosuit. Watts wanted the Nanosuit 2 to be bigger and badder than the first one, and the increased musculature played a role in that (he went fairly specific into carbon nanotubes and how the suit performs as it relates to real life technology). For the record, the original Nanosuit didn't go anywhere after Crysis 1; in fact, in-universe, it's still the main Nanosuit as of Crysis 3. I'm hoping for a collection that has all four games remastered, but I'd be happy with the first game by itself as well.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
A Crysis remaster would be more of a demaster.
The original's actually kind of a relic despite how impressive it can still look, iirc. Crytek thought that single-core would be what future CPUs would still be utilising, not anticipating multicore CPUs to catch on and become the standard, which is also why it (as well as some other games such as Dragon Age: Origins) can sometimes still be performance hogs on modern systems.

Oct 27, 2017
Crysis was a nice show piece for tech, but I never actually found it fun to play at all.

Same here. It looks like people did some cool stuff with the suit powers on occasion but I've never really replicate the sense of fun when I was playing it myself. I found to be rather boring and the guns didn't really seem very punchy to me.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The thing is.. I'm just thinking of the intro for Crysis2.. and whether it bodes well to hype this up with Covid12, showing frantic New Yorkers, an alien virus ravaging the city, the city being blockaded, law enforcement preventing people from free movement to try and limit the spread of the virus.. and it uses real life footage showing this. It really has lots of parallels with whats happening in the world today because of Covid19.. It sets the tone for what unfolds in Crysis2 , NYC is the epicentre for that outbreak. in the game. and things are quite bleak there in the real the real world now.
I am a huge Crysis fan.. I hope we get a sequel instead honestly. Would definitely buy a Crysis collection, but.. would prefer a sequel.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
poster.jpg

Looking at the polycount (sharp medial and posterior deltoid), 'tis may be a remaster?
Its literally the PC version maxed out.

I thought Crysis was a goofy game forum meme, I never got the impression many people actually care about the franchise.
I do as long as they keep Crysis and Warhead canon and delete 2 and 3.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
If EA green lights a Crysis remaster before Dead Space, I'm not sure I'll ever forgive them.

Dead Space is 10x the IP Crysis is

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
The Hunt is good and seems to be received quite well.
They've had some seemingly rough times but seems like they'd rallied the last couple years.

I'll be happy if The Hunt manages to turn their fortunes around. I've always been impressed by their tech, and it would be a shame if they disappeared. Crysis 1 and The Hunt are legit great games, and Far Cry and Crysis 2 are also pretty good.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These also changed the Facebook pic. Also crysis.com just shows an animated version of that picture.

Doesn't seem to be a prank tbh

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
In part because Crytek hired Peter Watts to not only write Crysis 2 but to outline the exact science behind the Nanosuit. Watts wanted the Nanosuit 2 to be bigger and badder than the first one, and the increased musculature played a role in that (he went fairly specific into carbon nanotubes and how the suit performs as it relates to real life technology). For the record, the original Nanosuit didn't go anywhere after Crysis 1; in fact, in-universe, it's still the main Nanosuit as of Crysis 3. I'm hoping for a collection that has all four games remastered, but I'd be happy with the first game by itself as well.

Thanks for the info. I had another question, was there ever an in-universe, or creative, explanation as to how the Seph went from blue aquatic space octopi with freeze rays that crystalize landscapes in Crysis 1, to the red grunt standins that spread disease and liquefy people in Crysis 2 and 3?

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info. I had another question, was there ever an in-universe, or creative, explanation as to how the Seph went from blue aquatic space octopi with freeze rays that crystalize landscapes in Crysis 1, to the red grunt standins that spread disease and liquefy people in Crysis 2 and 3?
Unfortunately, no. It was shown in the comic that the bipedal Ceph troopers from Crysis 2 and 3 were on Lingshan the entire time (or possibly entered the mix after the nuke went off), but Nomad in Crysis 1, and Psycho in Crysis: Warhead, simply hadn't encountered them.

u9mkPt-MxN_NnwMEyzGBMXI67ZcfzzKyatYgtngidhOHkMDiXla3WRSzIfbg6VQnAVyVXRR2DVL0vyDplKcfhv5UJcp2GRMeWfhtUPgdO4ypMqQ2qFE7RU6c5GQU_wx24FJ9CJkMZQ=s0

loEEu-jknTX1ElJ2M8Bw7Jgri7YjsUDSh8ra5AgsZe_sfaJRrRff87TRkNgvTAjuisgJNgAKBE-QWOTUsU6GIQtAnxiR0cwHPXY5DA-hsXvS7e6BGDoGMQYh-WjlwnVkSVD1r1193g=s0

The writer made it so that the Ceph from Crysis 2 simply showed up at random during the events of Crysis 1, in an attempt to bridge the two games together. The problem with this is that it raises questions that never get answered, i.e., no real in-universe reasoning exists as to why the tactics of the NYC Ceph differed so much from the Lingshan Ceph, and why the Lingshan Ceph weren't present in New York when it's established that both versions were active at the same time. In reality, it comes down to Crytek wanting Crysis 2 to be a whole new game almost, and the fact that each game had a different writer introducing new elements to the story that the following writer didn't pick up on.

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019

Crysis Remastered | FPS, Video Games | Crytek

Crysis, a critically acclaimed tactical FPS game, adds new graphic features, high-quality textures, & for the first time API-agnostic ray tracing solution.

The Crysis website shows an animated version of this image. The Crysis social media pages also link to the website and showcase this image. So, Crysis remaster inbound? New game? Do any of you care? Why is it just me? Hello?
91241574_10159870768957501_3467809087880691712_o.jpg
Remaster meh, remake targeting highend pc, ps5 and xsx ? Give me this ;)

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Is the story/gameplay at all worthwhile?
Gameplay was okay, but the only Crysis story worth your time was the novelization of Crysis 2, which is called Crysis: Legion. That's by Peter Watts and it's a lot better than the actual execution of the story in the game.

The ideal Crysis 2 experience is actual reading Crysis: Legion, watching the one Crysis 2 trailer that mentions "area denial bioweapons" to hear the character voices, and listening to the game soundtrack as you read the book.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'd play something like a remastered trilogy. But I'm not that interested in Crysis 1. I played it way back and didn't enjoy how it played.

I don't remember much of Crysis 2 but I remember thinking it was okay, and 3 was kinda' fun also.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't care if it was the first one. That is one of the worst games I've ever played.

2/3 however, now that I would be interested in.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Unfortunately, no. It was shown in the comic that the bipedal Ceph troopers from Crysis 2 and 3 were on Lingshan the entire time (or possibly entered the mix after the nuke went off), but Nomad in Crysis 1, and Psycho in Crysis: Warhead, simply hadn't encountered them.

The writer made it so that the Ceph from Crysis 2 simply showed up at random during the events of Crysis 1, in an attempt to bridge the two games together. The problem with this is that it raises questions that never get answered, i.e., no real in-universe reasoning exists as to why the tactics of the NYC Ceph differed so much from the Lingshan Ceph, and why the Lingshan Ceph weren't present in New York when it's established that both versions were active at the same time. In reality, it comes down to Crytek wanting Crysis 2 to be a whole new game almost, and the fact that each game had a different writer introducing new elements to the story that the following writer didn't pick up on.
I always had the impression that the Lishang Ceph crash landed in earth million years ago so their tech and biological forms just had simply evolved by then. They only realized about Earth when the North Korean reactivated their mothership.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes they change or update things, but remasters are fundamentally visual updates and boring.
It's this game you played over a decade ago, but it looks prettier. That's only ever exciting if it's a game that's otherwise difficult to get access to.
But I think modern PC's can run Crysis.

So if this is an actual thing, hopefully it's something more than a visual update.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
šŸ
Crysis 1 deserves a release that can hit 60fps maxed out properly on modern PCs. I recently was able to get it to run well, but I had to fix the fullscreen 24hz bug first by hex editing the executable. In windowed mode it ran decidedly worse. And even then, it was CPU limited in certain levels with one thread being blasted at 100%. This was on a 9900K.

Also give that SVOGI. We need it for those gray-ass hut interiors.

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't care if it was the first one. That is one of the worst games I've ever played.

2/3 however, now that I would be interested in.

Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 is when they started to follow COD route and made everything linear and boring lmao

Crysis 1 is by far, the best one in the series by a pretty long margin.
Crysis 2 was a carbon copy of COD campaign, the MP was actually really good.
Crysis 3 had some good bits, but graphics a part, it's nothing remarkable.

I thought Crytek got bought by Amazon and then shut down, no?

No, they grew way to fast and started to work on various titles, they closed/fired/sold a lot of their studios worldwide.
Deep Silver bought Crytek UK
Crytek Black Sea was sold to Creative Assembly

and 4-5 other studios were permanently closed. Now they rely on Hunt The Showdown, VR and Crytek Engine licensing.

Last edited:

glutenbag

Banned
Mar 25, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Spam Account
Mod Edit: Spam content removed

Last edited by a moderator: